It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data on downed US drone decrypted: IRGC Cmdr.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

There is no running away from the fact that you openly flaunted Iran as having laid plans to attack and murder U.S civilians.

Discussion always brings out the truth, doesn't it?

edit on 22-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

##snipped##

Those statements are Iranian statements, in the public domain, why don't you call the department of Homeland security and tell them i made a post reiteratting what they said they would do if they were attacked.

If that is what it will need to make a flag waving, red white and blue, master of critical thinking skills, super slueth feel better about my words, do it.

Just because i stated in the thread what they did, and how they have said they will respond to an attack on their territory, that must make me some sort of crypto iranian super sleeper unit huh?.
edit on 22-4-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Apr 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Doesnt matter what "intel" the Iranian Intelligence Agency obtains.....

They are TOAST compared to US Army.

The germans and french said the same thing about their own mega-armies when facing Russia. Arrogance, just like ignorance, is a weakness and it seems you have plenty of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Seems unlikely there would be data there from 2010.

Classified stuff is tightly controlled and if they could remove some of it or all of it after each flight, they would.

We had a safe in Stockton, it was the shape of a file cabinet but heavy with a spin type lock. Every time we changed the watch, every 8 hours, the oncoming watch had to open it, inventory it, and close it. Pain in the ...

The less classified stuff to keep track of the better.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Call me a skeptic but I'll believe it when they show some tapes on International TV that can't reasonably have been faked or come from other sources

I don't think they are talking about footage, as that would need a large storage space for something that the drone does not need to keep.

To me, it looks like they are saying that they got the information related to the functioning of the drone, and that's why they have information about repairs. I think it would be something more like a log of the drone's operations and repairs, like anything like a modern car or even a photocopy machine have.

If it's true or not, I don't know, but if it's true, the most important thing may be the fact that they decoded it and not the information itself.

Edited to add that the title says "data on downed US drone", not "footage from US drone missions".

edit on 22/4/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
More details:
www.news.com.au...

"I am giving you four codes so the Americans understand just how far we have gone in penetrating the drone's secrets," General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the head of the Revolutionary Guards' aerospace division, told state television. He added, "In October 2010, the aircraft was sent to California for some technical issues, where it was repaired, and after flight tests, it was taken to Kandahar [in Afghanistan] in November 2010, when a series of technical problems still prevailed." Hajizadeh continued, "In December 2010, it was sent to an airport near Los Angeles for repair of its equipment and sensors and flight tests. The drone was then sent back to Kandahar." He did not give further details, saying, "This aircraft is a national treasure for us, and I cannot divulge information about it."

But he added that Iran "started producing a copy of the RQ-170 drone", stressing it used the same US technology in stealth fighters and bombers.

edit on 22/4/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by corporation

Data on downed US drone decrypted: IRGC Cmdr.

www.presstv.ir

A senior Iranian commander says Iran has successfully decoded all the records on the downed US RQ-170 Sentinel reconnaissance drone.

Iran has easily cracked the codes on the data of the drone’s operations and tasks recorded on the aircraft’s memory, said Navy Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

So? What's the problem? It's not like they encrypted Obama's confidential crime records in the drone. What will Iran do with so much little information? Pilot the drone back?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wow! I'm a little stunned by some of the ignorant responses here. First, Iran cracking the codes on the drone means that they now have access to HOW the drone works. This means that not only can they recreate drones for use against us and other nations, it likely can interfere with the operation of our drones. Gaining access to core technologies are what gives countrries like Iran the ability to quickly level the tactical battle field. China did this by simply procuring satellite guidance technology andf rocket propulsion technology (Which CLinton shared willingly). 10 years later the country has nuclear arsenal that rivals our own. 15 years ago, they couldn't get a rocket off a launch pad or a setellite into space.

Next, what is it with all of this military chest thumping going on? The US military is tired, stretched thin and so engrossed with continual endemic issues that it is gradually losing effectiveness. Afghanistan anyone? Here is country that lacks a basic infrastructure, has almost no organized military, is devoid any high-test weapon systems and has been systematically cutting down US troppes week after week. To think we can simply "Roll over" Iran is ignorant, to say the least. Do you people honestly believe that Russia and CHina would simply sit back and let us have our way with Iran given the trillions of dollars in investment made in Iran by the countries? I wouldn't count on it by any stretch!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Doesn't Iran already have a military force? Which may include drones?
I love your avatar.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The loss of the drone has no military value,Iran however, are arrogant enough to think that they have leveled the battlefield with the capture of the drone, this mistake will end up costing them.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Don't forget that Russia and China would put in their two cents. Didn't Russia say that they will back Iran if the US attacked?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by js331975

Yes they did. Apparently Obama dealt with Russia recently.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Just having a look at some of the comments of people who suggested that the data was "unrecoverable", had a security system in place to destroy the data, was a trojan horse, contained malware etc. etc.

It was known that the drone was used in the Osama raid, but also about the repairs in 2010.

“numerous codes, but we obtained all the information on its memory, including protocols, repairs and flight sorties; for instance, the data of a flight after repairs in 2010 or the [drone’s] deployment in the operation against [slain al-Qaeda leader Osama] bin Laden in Pakistan,” IRNA quoted the commander as saying on Sunday.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

Interesting--and odd--that they would go along with the fiction of the bin Laden raid. Wonder what their angle is?

I doubt they are "going along" with the bin laden raid story, but rather using what most Americans will understand. I think it's a translation thing, if they simply listed dates most would not register as significant.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To those here who are drumming up for a war against Iran:

Feel free to pick up a gun and go over there. Because honestly, I'm not supporting another unwinnable war, and i doubt most Americans would either. So, go ahead and fight your good fight. All the best of luck to you.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by JiggyPotamus

no he really is correct, Iran would be toast if U.S ever attacked

the U.S navy and air force can reduce Iran to nothing within a very short span of time without ever sending in the army or using nukes

unless Iran has a dirty bomb ready to be detonated in central new york, Iran's military deterrence power is close to 0

On paper sure but lets be honest its never that black and white. Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq....

I always thought the US meant for the drone to go down and let the Iranians take it. So they could track its movements maybe to there top secret Iranians base.

Also how do we know this is true? I mean it is presstv there probably just blowing smoke
edit on 22-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

i agree its pretty stupid to tell an enemy you have there drone codes,now all there do is change the codes and sytem protocols.
would of been better keeping there mouths shut and then if america used them against them they could of sent them back kamikaze style

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One previous and similar incident comes to mind, ever hear of the USS Pueblo?

USS Pueblo was captured, by N. Korea I think. The important thing is that is was a communications ship and the Russians were given our crypto hardware after the ship was captured. They got the KG7's and KG-13's I think which worked on paper cards and a card reader. www.usspueblo.org...

Where is that Ex-CT guy when I need him?

Here is what the KG13 looks like.

They used little tiny vacuum tubes. Diameter the size of a pencil.

At Stockton they had a fixture to adjust the filiment voltage down until one would wink out and so replace them before they failed completely. A maintenance nightmare. But the Pueblo thing happened in 1968 and we still had 13's and 7's at Stockton in 1987.

Anyway the hardware is half of the puzzle, you still need the keying material which they change all the time. But they made quite a few changes after that including adding a thermite device on top of the gear in case the enemy is coming over the rail.

Also, where I work now there are export restrictions on any really high frequency radio gear, I think the limit is 20 Ghz or so. We have gear that goes to 60Ghz and probably the drone uses those super duper high frequences. So in this case they have the hardware, maybe can get the radio gear from Europe, and will have to figure out the software.
edit on 22-4-2012 by kawika because: fixed fact

edit on 22-4-2012 by kawika because: added link

edit on 22-4-2012 by kawika because: added image

edit on 22-4-2012 by kawika because: added image

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What's your point, that he's a secret agent for Iran? I remember seeing reports about that same subject, that Iran has sleeper cells already in place in Western countries who will go active if they attacked on CNN and FOX. Hell, the first reports of that type came out back when Reagen was still President. The quoted sources for that information were the CIA and US intelligence "sources" within the government.

Are they all serving an agenda mastered by Iran also?

There is no running away from the fact that you openly flaunted Iran as having laid plans to attack and murder U.S civilians.

Discussion always brings out the truth, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

More details:
www.news.com.au...

"I am giving you four codes so the Americans understand just how far we have gone in penetrating the drone's secrets," General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the head of the Revolutionary Guards' aerospace division, told state television. He added, "In October 2010, the aircraft was sent to California for some technical issues, where it was repaired, and after flight tests, it was taken to Kandahar [in Afghanistan] in November 2010, when a series of technical problems still prevailed." Hajizadeh continued, "In December 2010, it was sent to an airport near Los Angeles for repair of its equipment and sensors and flight tests. The drone was then sent back to Kandahar." He did not give further details, saying, "This aircraft is a national treasure for us, and I cannot divulge information about it."

But he added that Iran "started producing a copy of the RQ-170 drone", stressing it used the same US technology in stealth fighters and bombers.

I have already stated the Israelis will use the drone as an excuse to attack, saying the drone will be used to deliver a nuke. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
the drone is a useless technology anyhow.

how stealth could it have been if it was tracked, hacked and then remotely tricked to land in iran.

all it is then is a flying video camera.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

I would love to ask you something. You say using "terrorist bombs" is "cowardice", firstly, what is a "terrorist bomb"? Secondly what would you say about someone that drops bombs out of planes? Are they cowards too? Are they "terrorist bombs"?

Come on, we got to be open and honest here! We can have a moral standard for one and a different one for another!

Also, why on earth do you advocate even more killing? Has there not been enough bloodshed for you over he past 10 years?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join