It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: CNN Producer Seized in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Riyad Ali, an Israeli Arab producer for the CNN, was seized today when armed Palestinians asked for Ali by name, and removed him from his car. It is reported that none of the men who came from the car carrying weapons made any attempt to conceal their face. They asked for Ali by name, and when he identified himself they took him and drove off.

abcnews.go.com
GAZA (Reuters) - Armed Palestinians seized an Israeli Arab producer for the CNN television network from a car in Gaza City on Monday after asking for him by name.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility. A CNN correspondent who was in the vehicle with the producer, Riyad Ali, said the gunmen gave no clue why they were taking his colleague away.

"We were going up a main street and a white Peugeot drove in front of us. A young man got out of his car, pulled a gun out of trousers and said ... 'Which one of you is Riyad,"' the correspondent, Ben Wedemen said in a CNN broadcast from Gaza.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ben Wedemen, a CNN correspondant, reported that he was in the vehicle with Ali when he was taken by the armed men. He claims he was given no reason for the incident, that they were not very communicative. Wedemen also states that the men were "your average Gazan of their age, which was somewhere in their early 20's." No word has been heard from Ali's abductors. It is reported that incidents such are these are very rare in this area, and have been for 4 years of violence between Palestine and Israel.
[edit on 27-9-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 27-9-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 9-28-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Actually, from what i've heard we don't know if he was abducted by Palestinians or by the Israeli services.

I'll try and confirm that.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Rueters corrected their story, they apparently misspelled the witness' name. Instead of Wedemen, his name is actually Wedeman.

CORRECTED-CNN producer seized in Gaza

I am finding nothing that indicates he was seized by Israeli men.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A KIDNAPPING...
more like a forced interview with one of there spokesmen...
I hope he is released soon, with a really good exclusive....

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hmmm... I can't find this on the cnn.com site anywhere.

You would think that they would post it somewhere.

Maybe its not a kidnapping afterall.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well this is kinda weird. I wonder why if the cab contained other people they wouldn't be wearing their usual masks to hide themselves as is the standard for cowards of that sort.

The lack of masks is a departure from their usual method but the tactic is just more of the same. In an effort to strike fear into people's hearts the extremists love to show their immense strength by bullying unarmed people such as reporters or engineers. What a challenge it must be for men with AK-47s to kidnap a guy armed with a pencil and cell phone.

This has been up on CNN's site since before 2PM by the way.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That is an obsurd prediction crossfire.

Ali, who is an Arab, has worked for CNN for about two years. He has worked in Gaza and the West Bank. Wedeman described Ali as someone who is known in Gaza, has worked there "for several years and has good contacts." Ali had been trying to set up interviews, Wedeman said.

Hopefully these terrorist actually have something to say and nothing more. The story is up on CNN now www.cnn.com...

whoops, see Djarums beat me too it

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is what I dont understand, why would you go? If your going to kill me, get it over with. Make me suffer? I dont think so.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How do we know who grabbed him? Could be anyone. Ever notice how Palestinians and Jews look a lot alike sometimes? Jew doesn't = white and Palestinian doesn't = brown.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
taib, i think you mean israeli, not jew.

If that's what you meant, then yes Israelis and Palestinians could be considered visually similar being of middle eastern descent.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The producer has been released:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join