It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Kinda Believe in God!!??!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, the letter "J" doesn't exist in the hebrew alphabet, it's a "Y". The letter looks like a ( ' ), if I remember correctly. Latin did not have "J" either, "Jehovah" was translated as "Iehovah" (Iovis, which then became Jovis - Jupiter).
BTW did you make that account of yours? if yes, please U2U me your new address.

I stand corrected on that, thank you. When did the "J" letter enter human history according to your research? And no, I have not yet made an account. I need to, sorry, been really busy irl.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by jmdewey60

I see. But why would God send an Angel to do His job? I mean, He keeps popping up afterwards in bushes to talk with Moses. Are you suggesting that all these conversations Moses had was with an angel and not God?

That was YHWH. Oftentimes he appeared as "fire" that did not consume, which is an allusion to Spirit. Fire is symbolized oftentimes as Spirit. Take for instance the Upper Room at Pentecost (Shavuot), tongues of flames appeared over the apostles heads when the Holy Spirit (Ruach ha Kodesh) was recieved by them.

Sometimes Yeshua did appear as "a man" like in the instance when he wrestled with Jacob who he later renamed Israel. He also made a guest appearance in Daniel 12 standing ontop of the water in the river, that he later does on the Sea of Galilea when he walks across the water in the middle of a storm in matthew 14:22-33 to which the disciples thought he was a ghost. The jews who knew the Torah and believed in him could easily pick him out of scriptures, they were raised from the cradle knowing the hebrew symbolism.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Don't forget the the two greatest Christophanies Genesis 18 and Joshua 5.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I see.
And, a bit off-topic, but... Why did Jacob/Israel wrestled an... angel?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

What about those?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Your mother is playing Russian roulette with her eternal salvation and if you think the Bible is a bunch of mumbo jumbo then I guess you will find out sooner or later as 10 out of 10 people die, that's the ultimate statistic. No one here can convince you the Bible is the inspired word of God. You have to discover that for yourself, Jesus said if you knock the door shall be opened. Seek the truth and you will find it, humble yourself and don't let the naysayers trick you out of eternal life. You take a relative stance to truth, that's a lie - truth is absolute not relative. If you reject Christ then you will spend an eternity in hell separated from God and that's the gospel truth.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The jews who knew the Torah and believed in him could easily pick him out of scriptures . . .

Who do you think wrote the New Testament?
Funny how they did not "pick him out".
You aren't Christian, in case you are trying to give the impression that you are.
Apparently you have joined some quasi-Jewish cult that thinks God just morphs into different persons when convenient.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What about those?

Pre-incarnate appearances of the Son of God.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I see.
And, a bit off-topic, but... Why did Jacob/Israel wrestled an... angel?

Jacob was running for his life because Esau was going to kill him for tricking him into giving up his birthright. Esau was supposed to be the heir of Isaac, before he was born he stuck his arm out first and they tied a cord around his arm so they would know who the first born really was, but Jacob emerged from the womb first.

Anyways, Jacob was on the run from Esau. He wrestled with Yeshua because he wanted a blessing and he refused to let go until God blessed him. He knew exactly who he was wrestling with and he wrestled with God all night. Ofcourse this has spiritual implications, being that no matter how tough things get, if you hang onto God he will bless you and if you persevere through your tribulations your reward will be at the end.

Take for instance marriage. Most people when the marriage hits a rough patch don't even try, they bail as soon as the road gets rocky. But if you and your spouse stay the course and persevere, it strengthens your bonds in eachother and gives you confidence and strength in eachother to overcome the things that come against you.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Thanks for these infos! I stared you both.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Just wanted to say I loved that analogy.

Take for instance marriage. Most people when the marriage hits a rough patch don't even try, they bail as soon as the road gets rocky. But if you and your spouse stay the course and persevere, it strengthens your bonds in eachother and gives you confidence and strength in eachother to overcome the things that come against you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join