It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Kinda Believe in God!!??!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

McCarthy is the only surviver I know from the Beatles band.
I will now try to hop back on the topic.

I think you're thinking of Paul McCartney, not John McCarthy.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Redux

Paul! That's it. Thanks, I got mixed up.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Damn...I missed this thread when it came out.
First off....Paul McCartney is very much alive....Well...if you don't believe the conspiracy theories on him!! As is Ringo Star. John and George are dead.

Now...Imagine was a good song...But my personal favorite from John Lennon was god.

god is a concept, by which we measure our pain.

I just believe in me.....

That's reality.

I think? maybe this is sort of along the lines you were talking about Midnight? Maybe I'm wrong.

At any rate....I never miss the chance to throw this song out there!!

Here's the lyrics.

God is a Concept by which
we measure our pain
I'll say it again
God is a Concept by which
we measure our pain
I don't believe in magic
I don't believe in I-ching
I don't believe the Bible
I don't believe in Tarot
I don't believe in Hitler
I don't believe in Jesus
I don't believe in Kennedy
I don't believe in Buddha
I don't believe in Mantra
I don't believe in Gita
I don't believe in Yoga
I don't believe in Kings
I don't believe in Elvis
I don't believe in Zimmerman
I don't believe in Beatles
I just believe in me...and that's reality

The dream is over
What can I say?
the Dream is Over
Yesterday
I was the Dreamweaver
But now I'm reborn
I was the Walrus
But now I'm John
and so dear friends
who just have to carry on
The Dream is over.

The video says it all about the song, and about life in general I think. If you remove everything else, all you have left, all you can really count on is yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I think If our Creator really did send his son down to us to guide us in human form, he wouldn’t condemn us to hell for not believing in a rather far fetched story promoted by some really great people, but also by an awful lot of nut-o’s.

So you're going to do things your own way, when Yeshua said that only he is the truth the life and the way and told you that the only people who will see the Kingdom are those who do the will of his Father which is to believe in him?

Good luck with that!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

. . . the only people who will see the Kingdom are those who do the will of his Father . . .

I would not be interested in doing the will of the father of whoever you are talking about, but I would be for the father of Jesus, who is spoken of in the New Testament.
I would expect the father of an antichrist to be the devil.
edit on 16-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . the only people who will see the Kingdom are those who do the will of his Father . . .

I would not be interested in doing the will of the father of whoever you are talking about, but I would be for the father of Jesus, who is spoken of in the New Testament.
I would expect the father of an antichrist to be the devil.
edit on 16-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Yeshua is his real Aramaic name or Yehoshua. Either one of those is closer to the truth than what you sport brah.

Oh thats right, you're one of those trolls who says everyone is going to hell if they call him by anything other than the english Jesus

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Either one of those is closer to the truth than what you sport brah.

You are saying the Bible is not true.
This is an English language forum.
If you want to speak Aramaic, then you should be on an Aramaic language forum.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Wow! (excitedly: ) a conflict of opinions!
What's on the table?
edit on 17-6-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

What's on the table?

There are some people promoting the idea as if it was fact, that in 33 AD there was no one going by the name Jesus. By the same logic you would also have to say there was also no one named John, or a people called Jews, and no such place as Jerusalem.
They create another person who fits the mold of the Jewish expectation of a messiah and give him a Syrian name, giving to him the attributes that belong to Jesus, along with a god who fits the modern Jewish concept of God, disregarding the God Jesus was presenting, and treat Him as so much pagan Greek rubbish. (along with any other part of the NT that they can not reconcile with strict Judaism.) All along believing they will be rewarded for loyalty to this mythological God who according to the NT was an angel acting on behalf of God, holding the world while awaiting the arrival of the ultimate representative of God, who bears the name by which we know God. There is one name given for salvation, which is Jesus. Those who enter by a way of other than the gate are robbers.

edit on 17-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Yeshua is his real Aramaic name or Yehoshua. Either one of those is closer to the truth than what you sport brah.

Is it not written that the Lord confounded the tongues of Man?

What does the name mean when translated into the language in use on this forum?

Is it not written that an enemy speaks in his native tongue?
edit on 17-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So... Jesus was acting for His father God, which was acting for the Angel God? That's alot of Gods... I am not sure I follow you. What are you trying to say? It seems interesting.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So... Jesus was acting for His father God, which was acting for the Angel God? That's alot of Gods... I am not sure I follow you. What are you trying to say? It seems interesting.

Don't listen to him, he is playing semantics because he hates anything whatsoever that deals with the Jews or Israel/Hebrew people and or customs. There was no letter J in 33 AD. It's a Latin letter. Jesus's Hebrew Name was Yeshua, John's Hebrew name was "Yohanan" and Jerusalem in Hebrew is "Yerushalayim".

Do a search on Goggle to see when the letter "J" entered human history.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

The new Testament describes the Mosaic system of the Old Testament as a ministration of angels.
This means the person Moses was being given the Law by was in fact an angel, and not God Himself. My proposal is that later the Jews assumed that YHWH was God in person, and adjusted the scripture to reflect that belief. Jesus in the NT clarified things by saying they did not know God, and that he did, being the representative of God and identifying himself as the I Am, which was the title earlier held by the Angel of Sinai.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

McCarthy is the only surviver I know from the Beatles band.
I will now try to hop back on the topic.

It's Paul McCartney and he is a believer of God ! He was baptized roman catholic but grew up non denominational.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
God is what you make of him,for example.

The God's Must Be Crazy.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

Hah! Weird, uh? Well, people are complex.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, the letter "J" doesn't exist in the hebrew alphabet, it's a "Y". The letter looks like a ( ' ), if I remember correctly. Latin did not have "J" either, "Jehovah" was translated as "Iehovah" (Iovis, which then became Jovis - Jupiter).
BTW did you make that account of yours? if yes, please U2U me your new address.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I see. But why would God send an Angel to do His job? I mean, He keeps popping up afterwards in bushes to talk with Moses. Are you suggesting that all these conversations Moses had was with an angel and not God?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I see. But why would God send an Angel to do His job? I mean, He keeps popping up afterwards in bushes to talk with Moses. Are you suggesting that all these conversations Moses had was with an angel and not God?
God is sort of busy with the universe, and also God does not defile Himself by coming into enemy held territory.
Even Moses himself, as recorded in the Torah, spoke plainly the words of God, as if he was God saying it, so it is no big leap to imagine angels doing the same thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Don't listen to that nonsense. Check out Exodus 6:2-3.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join