It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Kinda Believe in God!!??!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I’m not baptized. My Mother is “agnostic”. She told me it was up to me to decide what I believe. I’m 35 now and I still have no idea what to believe! I went to church with people as a kid. Catholic Sunday mass, here and there, Christmas, and Easter.

Through my teen years I took my Mothers stance and thought “The Bible is stupid and so are people who believe that”. Although, I have always believed (for lack of better words) “in a higher power” of sorts. A kind of guiding force.

I had my first child at twenty years old. My still, “God lovin” much younger Sister gifted me a ‘Mother’s Devotional Bible’. I read a good bit of it and liked it. So, through my twenties, I was a believer. I believed in The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit (Amen!).

As of lately, at almost 36, I am ALMOST positive it’s all a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I believe that our creator is something that none of us can fathom. I don’t blame people for believing in God, because I actually do too, in my own way.

I believe it’s important to be a good person. I believe if you make mistakes in life and, inside, you feel true remorse, you’re okay. I pray. Not sure who or what I’m praying to, but I have a feeling, sometimes I’m heard. I don’t like church people who judge people and are mean. They are the opposite of what they should be. I don’t like being told what to believe, and then threatened. I believe people from every religion are all praying to the same “thing” and I find it so ridiculous that people argue and fight over it. I believe in Karma.

I don’t believe anyone knows the truth about anything, and I certainly don’t believe that my well being should there be an afterlife relies on me believing Jesus Christ is my savior. I think If our Creator really did send his son down to us to guide us in human form, he wouldn’t condemn us to hell for not believing in a rather far fetched story promoted by some really great people, but also by an awful lot of nut-o’s.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Your Mother is smart and you should listen to her.
If the majority of society said the universe was created by a giant candy bar then you would probably believe that to.
Do not let social influence suck you into believing something.

Look at the facts, look at the evidence, stick to reality and you will become atheist or agnostic.

Religion is the lazy mans way out. A quick answer for a question we cannot possibly come to even understand yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaddafi

Yea, I don't believe in religion, that's what I meant anyway...Maybe you misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I believe it’s important to be a good person. I believe if you make mistakes in life and, inside, you feel true remorse, you’re okay. I pray. Not sure who or what I’m praying to, but I have a feeling, sometimes I’m heard. I don’t like church people who judge people and are mean. They are the opposite of what they should be. I don’t like being told what to believe, and then threatened. I believe people from every religion are all praying to the same “thing” and I find it so ridiculous that people argue and fight over it. I believe in Karma. I don’t believe anyone knows the truth about anything, and I certainly don’t believe that my well being should there be an afterlife relies on me believing Jesus Christ is my savior. I think If our Creator really did send his son down to us to guide us in human form, he wouldn’t condemn us to hell for not believing in a rather far fetched story promoted by some really great people, but also by an awful lot of nut-o’s.

Bingo!
There is something beyond us,but not what is taught or preached to us.
Those things were created by man.
I have often questioned,why is there a universe to begin with?
Why am I here,on this computer typing this out and surrounded by tax forms and crap?
But then,I accept it for being as what it is.
There is no real answer.
Let it be,and continue on...................

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yea, me too. I also think it would really suck if we get through this life, go through death, and then that's it...no answers...To Be Continued... indefinitely!!!

Oh and thank you for the song, I loved it

edit on 22-4-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

My only answer is to enjoy the ride called life.
We only get one ticket.
Don't waste it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I believe it’s important to be a good person. I believe if you make mistakes in life and, inside, you feel true remorse, you’re okay. I pray. Not sure who or what I’m praying to, but I have a feeling, sometimes I’m heard. I don’t like church people who judge people and are mean. They are the opposite of what they should be. I don’t like being told what to believe, and then threatened. I believe people from every religion are all praying to the same “thing” and I find it so ridiculous that people argue and fight over it. I believe in Karma. I don’t believe anyone knows the truth about anything, and I certainly don’t believe that my well being should there be an afterlife relies on me believing Jesus Christ is my savior. I think If our Creator really did send his son down to us to guide us in human form, he wouldn’t condemn us to hell for not believing in a rather far fetched story promoted by some really great people, but also by an awful lot of nut-o’s.

Bingo!
There is something beyond us,but not what is taught or preached to us.
Those things were created by man.
Why am I here,on this computer typing this out and surrounded by tax forms and crap?
But then,I accept it for being as what it is.
There is no real answer.
Let it be,and continue on...................

The Beatles. British group paid by the NWO and backed by Aleister Crowley's theories on atheism. Bad taste, mate...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I believe that our creator is something that none of us can fathom.

This is true, none of us can, but don't throw out the baby with the bath water, that doesn't mean He cannot reveal to us everything we need to know about Him in this life.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Naaa, I'm keeping the baby (My belief that there is a higher power that helps guide me) and throwing out the bath water (religion)! But none the less, thank you

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

AND/OR-- The Beatles-- A group of artistic boys who got together and made some awesome music with a lot of meaning.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yeah. I love their music too, especially Imagine from John Lennon.
The idea that they involved in the New World Order propaganda does bothers me, though.
Anyway, is Jonh McCarthy dead yet? I don't hear much from him.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Anyway, is Jonh McCarthy dead yet?

What are you trying to say here?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well, agent Swan007 gave a try but didn't know if it succeeded.

I was just asking, really. I think he made one apparition with another artist recently, then, nothing.
He saw his friend John Lennon die... he outlived John Lennon... The man is probably heartbroken, thinking about the good ole' days.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Boy this is really off the topic, but rules are for squares right?

Im sorry Swany, ya lost me. I don't know who John Mccarthy is. Song writer maybe? Do you mean the A.I. guy?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

McCarthy is the only surviver I know from the Beatles band.
I will now try to hop back on the topic.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Naaa, I'm keeping the baby (My belief that there is a higher power that helps guide me) and throwing out the bath water (religion)! But none the less, thank you

I agree about the religion part. But remember Jesus didn't die so the Christian version of Judaism could start, He died for a personal relationship with us. I won't argue with you about religion, click a couple videos in my sig.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

As of lately, at almost 36, I am ALMOST positive it’s all a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I believe that our creator is something that none of us can fathom. I don’t blame people for believing in God, because I actually do too, in my own way.

It is not too unusual for free thinkers to come of age around 40 years old.

Lots of religion is Mumbo Jumbo and designed to manage people by fear. Most read these Bible tales in a literal sense and they don't look for a sort of hidden meaning from which it was embellished to appear as more than it really was. Such folks that only understand the literal component are called Dead in the sense of Revelations, and they only Rise from the Dead when they get the message on how to read the hidden meanings.

Lots of that sense of embellishment is left over from the Egyptian's Master Priest's impact on religion.

The common sense is there is some order to the universe, and that order pays very little attention to man. Mostly man is supposed to learn from and respect the order and not try to upset the balances. Mother Nature is the correct extent to connect with god.

Most don't need the embellished stories that too many read as literal to know correct moral codes from the community of man.

I do think you are one of the ones that have risen from the horizontal to the verticle and the truths of the end times.

Congrats on not being led astray, and having a free thinking mom that had critical thinking skills that she passed along to you.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I believe that our creator is something that none of us can fathom.

To me the obvious solution is to forget it, then.
You just said it, unfathomable.
I agree, but I also believe that the "creator" no longer exists, where what or who this proto-being was that could exist in the void, would desperately not want to be that any more, and so the reason it created the universe, so it could be a real being in a real place.
From that, I gather that we now have the gods, and the god-like entities, us.
The proto-spirit of the proto-being that set the whirlwind in motion that formed the universe became integral with it once it began to first come into existence, and now inhabits it through the countless smaller and larger beings, us being the smaller, figuratively, but the earth beings who have a physical nature about themselves, walking along the ground of their respective planets. The non-physical beings we collectively call God are the ones who go to and fro, making ready the planets for new people to come to and live on. They nourish us, in a way of speaking, and allow us to flourish. This continues on into another life or world, through a connection with what is shared between us of this pre-existence.

edit on 22-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Dear MidnightSunshine,

God will set you on a different path than mine, I'm reluctant to say much about it. My faith came from reason, your's might take a different route. For me, the question was "Who is Jesus?" I went to the people who wrote about Him and recorded what He said and did. They didn't stop writing with the Bible though, there are many letters written between the believers from the start of the second century through today which talk about Him.

Many have thought and written about that question, their thinking is available to you. You must decide, as C.S. Lewis did, between Jesus as God, a lunatic, or a bad man. Any of those are possible, you choose. But you won't be able to read the Bible honestly and conclude he was just a good teacher.

I know there is a lot of thinking to be done, but there is no other question as important. Pray for yourself, as I will pray for you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

My only answer is to enjoy the ride called life.
We only get one ticket.
Don't waste it.

This is a very comfortable and simple way to look at life, thing is... how can we be sure we only get one life?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join