It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google pictures pixel and actual pixel size.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I am searching for a nice FaceBook picture but can only use one with at least 399 pixel width. When I google a certain theme and adjust the search specificly on a width bigger than that, the search result is in abundance.

However...the googled picture says 1600x1200 but when I left click on the picture and choose properties, details it says 259x194. Which will be rejected by FB....what is going on? Is there a way for me to stretch a picture upto the desired size or how should I adjust my search parameters?

edit on 22/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Let's see if we can get a handle on the problem. Are you downloading the thumbnail of the picture and then checking its properties? To view the full-size picture you have to click on the thumbnail and wait for the picture to load. Then you'll see the full-size version.

Once we have that cleared up, we can go into to resizing graphics.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Is what you are saying that all googled pictures shown are thumbnails...?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Okay...I have dwmlded a nice picture...now what?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by Ex_CT2

They are initially shown as thumbnails, yeah.. the size Google shows is what the eventual full image will be when you click to the main link for it. It'll come up on your screen as the size your expecting.

I've done the same thing by accident when I've been tired just to catch myself and realize I just saved a dozen thumbnails, not the useful images...

For treating an image..what I have come to use as a shortcut when I don't feel like the load time and hassle of Photoshop CS 5 is a program called "FastStone Image Viewer". It has resize boards, drawing boards and a wide variety of very effective screen capture options with a very small footprint and load time. Just a suggestion to get your image perfect for FB.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

What I am saying is that when you search Google, when you see those many, many pictures all on the same page--yes--those are thumbnails. You have to click on the thumbnail to be taken to the website where the picture "resides." Are we on the same wavelength on that?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Okay...I have dwmlded a nice picture...now what?

I got a little out of phase in my last response, but now we seem to be OK. Now you need to resize that picture to the size you need. There are literally hundreds of ways to go from here, so let me ask you this: When you double-click on the picture, what application opens it? (Look at the very upper-righthand-corner of the page while the picture is open.)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well, it's past my bedtime. If you haven't figured it out on your own, you can always come back and ask your next question at another time.

Good night....

new topics

top topics

join