It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are "crazed" people so frequently drawn to the same things?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I would think, on a fundamental level, that those groups appeal to people that feel persecuted, and mental illness itself makes one feel that way often. The groups come together and have a target for their angst - a scapegoat.

But are there not real people/manipulator who really are to blame for the situation on this planet. I can try to look away from nonduality but if you follow the power you find the people who have to gain from status que. And the current status off the world is not what it could be.

But having a bad time on this planet makes you even more succeptuble to the duality thinking that most humans are caught up in and we are manipulated to choose sides all the time. Devide and conquerer.

I have had some experiance with people who have issues and some of them have a lot off fear that they can't get rid off in this unhealthy society. But the funny thing is that many off them are more true to what they are and real than normal people with masks. And then there is the ones who understood to much and cannot deal with our perception off reality anymore (their mind and behaviour is very off the chart compared to others).

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy LYRICS

edit on 22-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
oh..uh...uhhmmmmm
I read the title and thought it was about those of us that frequent the new topics on ats.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphetBut why are all these loons drawn to the same small set of seemingly very specific ideas? I would expect more variety from broken minds. If you break a vase the pieces end up in different places, scattered chaotically. But broken minds seem to end up in similar places, time and time again. Why is this? Is it something about the nature of the mind, the ideas, both, or neither? And why so specific. Help me to understand, ATS.

My take is that you have the premise all wrong.

Those sorts of people aren't necessarily mentally ill, just misguided, wrong etc. Make no mistake, the Nazis were perfectly sane (well the majority including the general population that went along with it), they were just seriously deluding themselves and lost connection to their empathy.

So basically your premise is wrong.

I suspect that a lot of the leaders and higher-ups (especially those who are in there the longest) would be mentally ill though. In that case, people who feel isolated and ostracised (including but not necessarily mentally ill) will try to find groups that accept them. They are more willing to take on alternate beliefs because it gives them a strong sense of identity and belonging. After a while and if they are exposed to extreme ideas and/or violence, they will begin to develop mental illness as well, or it would make their illness worse.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join