It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Quake in Toronto Today at 9:30pm - Weird Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
OK, this is weird mainly because I 'm not use to feeling quakes in TO. During the last relatively big quake we had in TO, I was in the US so I missed it. During the recent Washington DC quake, I was in downtown TO high up in an office building when the quake hit and felt it pretty good along with some colleagues while another colleague beside me felt nothing. Perhaps I'm a wee bit sensitive. Anyway, I was sitting in my home office working at 9:30pm today at my desk when a model ship I have on my desk started to swap slightly. The pedestal of the model ship is thin and sensitive to vibration. I didn't think much about it at first but a few seconds later I left the room swaying slightly through my chair and started to hear the chandelier in the hallway creaking. I looked over and saw it also swaying about 4 inches in either direction. The next part was very weird. I started to "feel" what can only be described as an energy build up and intuitively found myself "knowing" that something larger was coming. Then suddenly what can be called a shock wave, a single pulse, of energy hit swaying the house more violently than the gentle sway I had been feeling. It shook and spooked me. To me it was definitely an earthquake but unlike any I've every felt or saw.

The build up of energy "feeling" was the interesting part. After it happened, my suspicion of the "feeling" before the quake pulse happened was that perhaps some form of energy hit the Earth, specifically the Toronto region of lower Ontario. I reasoned that as the energy wave got closer, the build up of energy increased explaining the "feeling". Honestly I can't explain the feeling satisfactorily to my comfort. If it was increased electromagnetic radiation of some sort from space, it didn't effect my electronics in my home office. The only other energy wave I can think of is a gravity wave which is crazy since one has never been measured. If this is the case, it could have originated from within the Earth making it more plausible and linking it better to the earthquake effect I experienced.

I come to ATS and spew out my opinions with a zeal I wouldn't in my everyday life, but I'm genuine. I'm a scientist - that's all I'm willing to share besides my location. I enjoy ATS like I bet many other scientists do but aren't willing to admit. This happened at 9:30pm today.

Did anyone else feel this?
edit on 21-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I used to live in a house that sat directly on top of a fault line, I've felt a lot of quakes and after shocks in the 12 years I lived there, most powerful I've felt was a 5, but I've never had this "energy wave" you speak of.

Not that I doubt you. I've been feeling similar things the past few months, I'll get the same kind of feeling you described and then it will feel as though everything is vibrating around me, but nobody around me will notice. Thought I was crazy at first, then I got concerned and went to multiple doctors, who found nothing wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

First of,, i believe you completely,,
now the closest i could find,,
might be this,,
EDIS Number: EQ-20120421-241918-USA Common Alerting Protocol
Magnitude: 2.9
Mercalli scale: 1
Date-Time [UTC]: Saturday, 21th April 2012 at 12:45 PM
Local Date/Time: Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 07:45 in the moorning at epicenter
Coordinate: 35° 34.224, 97° 3.474
Depth: 4.90 km (3.04 miles)
Hypocentrum: Shallow depth
Class: Micro
Region: North America
Location: 5.97 km (3.71 miles) S of Rossville, Oklahoma, United States,,

or,,
gravity wave,,as experienced by the SDO satelite, as caught on film,,
this one intrigues me the most,,
have own thoughts on that one.

Me.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

I am not calling you out on this post, however I cannot find anything from any of the 'live' earthquake monitors that indicate any seismic activity in the GTA.

I grew up east of the GTA in Durham region and while I spent the majority of my life there, I never had the experience of feeling any seismic activity.

Your suggestion that there was the conceptual feeling of an energy wave interests me. Do you think perhaps that the HAARP grid was hot for that area? I remember discussing in class in high school that there was a little known fault line that actually runs out under the lake bed of Lake Ontario.

Anyhow, I hope this is not a sign of future seismic disturbance to come as I have most of my family still in the area.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
I used to live in a house that sat directly on top of a fault line, I've felt a lot of quakes and after shocks in the 12 years I lived there, most powerful I've felt was a 5, but I've never had this "energy wave" you speak of.

Not that I doubt you. I've been feeling similar things the past few months, I'll get the same kind of feeling you described and then it will feel as though everything is vibrating around me, but nobody around me will notice. Thought I was crazy at first, then I got concerned and went to multiple doctors, who found nothing wrong.

I would think the same that it was a mental effect except for the fact I saw things swaying and heard them creaking as well. I've felt quakes before but never with the energy build up "feeling". I've been to California a few times and experience a large quake there once.
edit on 22-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
wheres Manhater to call a 'Darkest Hour' warning?

seriously, the fact that USGS isnt registering these smaller quakes until community uproar over booms, shaking, flashes, swaying, tremors is proof these quakes aren't all physically grounded.

the 'energy' buildup and release is not consistent with plates sliding across one another exclusively but indicates possibly other events with quakes as a mere symptom in perspective of something far more grander and perhaps, more global.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CantSay

Originally posted by ArrowsNV

I would think the same that it was a mental effect except for the fact I saw things swaying and heard them creaking as well. I've felt quakes before but never with the energy build up "feeling". I've been the California a few times and experience a large quake there once.
Well like I said, I don't doubt you.

Actually come to think of it, I remember a bunch of times when I lived on the other side of my town when I was a kid, we weren't on top of a fault line at that house, but earthquakes are pretty common where we lived, anyways; Back when I was a kid I remember a bunch of times when I would wake up in the middle of the night randomly, stare at my alarm clock, wondering why I woke up and then 15-30 seconds later the house would start shaking... I'd then hear the next day about a 3.something that happened in the middle of the night. Always made me wonder...

In response to BiggerPicture's post: I don't doubt that either, back in '08 there were a series of 3 Major quakes (for the area at least) and about 600+ aftershocks in an area where there was no fault line and the Geologists from the local University were puzzled as to what their cause might be. After '09 they stopped updating the map of the area they were centered around, so I don't know if there have been too many more. But I thought there was always more to it than just regular earthquakes.
edit on 4/22/2012 by ArrowsNV because: added a bit

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by CantSay

First of,, i believe you completely,,
now the closest i could find,,
might be this,,
EDIS Number: EQ-20120421-241918-USA Common Alerting Protocol
Magnitude: 2.9
Mercalli scale: 1
Date-Time [UTC]: Saturday, 21th April 2012 at 12:45 PM
Local Date/Time: Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 07:45 in the moorning at epicenter
Coordinate: 35° 34.224, 97° 3.474
Depth: 4.90 km (3.04 miles)
Hypocentrum: Shallow depth
Class: Micro
Region: North America
Location: 5.97 km (3.71 miles) S of Rossville, Oklahoma, United States,,

or,,
gravity wave,,as experienced by the SDO satelite, as caught on film,,
this one intrigues me the most,,
have own thoughts on that one.

Me.

Thanks, but the times don't match.

Curious about your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthChilde
reply to post by CantSay

I am not calling you out on this post, however I cannot find anything from any of the 'live' earthquake monitors that indicate any seismic activity in the GTA.

I grew up east of the GTA in Durham region and while I spent the majority of my life there, I never had the experience of feeling any seismic activity.

Your suggestion that there was the conceptual feeling of an energy wave interests me. Do you think perhaps that the HAARP grid was hot for that area? I remember discussing in class in high school that there was a little known fault line that actually runs out under the lake bed of Lake Ontario.

Anyhow, I hope this is not a sign of future seismic disturbance to come as I have most of my family still in the area.

Peace.

I'm with you on this. We don't usually experience quakes in TO, but I'm being genuine. It happened.

I don't know enough about HAARP to comment. I hear a lot about HAARP and weather control, but I'm not sure how they can control globally anything from a single location on the map. For all I know, maybe if that's what HAARP is all about, but I don't know enough about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
wheres Manhater to call a 'Darkest Hour' warning?

seriously, the fact that USGS isnt registering these smaller quakes until community uproar over booms, shaking, flashes, swaying, tremors is proof these quakes aren't all physically grounded.

the 'energy' buildup and release is not consistent with plates sliding across one another exclusively but indicates possibly other events with quakes as a mere symptom in perspective of something far more grander and perhaps, more global.

I wouldn't doubt this, but I suspect that USGS are also being conservative in their reports. Given that they've finally related fracking to quakes after much time and evidence is an indication that their cautious in their analysis and public information. Given this, I doubt the increase in quake activity is solely related to fracking. It doesn't explain increased activity in the ring of fire.

I also hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Like most home in lower Ontario, my house was built with quakes in mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
To add more to the story, I called a family member living further downtown. They said they heard a hanging mirror shake at about 9:30 but thought it was the neighbour since their house is attached. I later asked my neighbour and they didn't feeling anything, but he was in the basement. I was up in the 3rd floor which would make small quakes more noticeable much like being in an office tower during a quake.

top topics

join