It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the government up to???? This smells like a trap

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This was sent out from my ISP:

The DNS Changer Bot program modifies the domain name system (DNS) settings on a customer’s computer and other devices use to redirect browsers to unauthorized, malicious servers controlled by the Bot operator. This allows a cyber-criminal to redirect the computer and other devices to websites that may look legitimate, but are fraudulent and intended to steal personal information and website logins and passwords.

The temporary servers that the DNS Changer Bot communicates with are scheduled to be taken offline on July 9, 2012 by law enforcement officers. Any devices that still use these DNS servers will not be able to access the Internet at that time unless they have been restored to the proper DNS settings.

When the FBI arrested the criminals operating the malware, the US courts appointed the ISC to safely operate the DNS servers and inform Internet Service Providers of the infected computers, so the ISP could in turn the customers.

www.dcwg.org

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by Manhater

ty-

I am not going to use the site to check mine

do you know of anyone who has...

Hey, I was SUPER suspicious when I first heard of this only a few days ago and in the back of my mind I thought the FBI had something to do with this. Or that this detector was actually going to install something onto my hard drive without my knowing about it (stealthily).

But I did run a check (DETECT) which came back green and I even checked manually on the BIOS window... came back clean.

Though I suspect that if you came back with a RED infected status and you clicked "FIX" and "PROTECT" you might end up downloading something you don't want on your computer if you catch my drift.

And I also recall Alex Jones say MONTHS ago that there was gonna be a HUGE crackdown on July12th on everyone who has illegal material on their computer. He said this months ago! And I remember being alarmed about it, thinking: could they really do this!? This would no doubt affect hundreds of thousands of people.

Look at how close the date is!
July 9th - internet shut down for people with this trojan
July 12th - supposed internet crackdown on illegally downloaded material (music, books, movies, etc.)...according to Alex Jones

I will have to find the show where he talked about this and post it here.

<< 1  2   >>

join