It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all these souls come from? So is God creating more all the time?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Some people may, but there are many who have been on amazing spiritual journeys and have discovered the true God. Instead of fretting over what "religious" people think or do, you should embark on your own journey.

Sounds to me like he is on that journey. Asking questions and gaining general knowledge about a subject is commendable and wise.
edit on 4/23/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling always spelling! *&^^%^%@%@$^$%

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Eat meat and listen to the vegetables. All the answers are right there in the garden, just go and hear the wisdom.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ya I am impressed by how subtle everyone is being on such a touchy topic. Regardless of beliefs we had a peaceful debate! Wow.

There are many many great ideas in this thread about the start-the beginning of how our lives came into existence. Now I am way more confused like the one guy pointed out that I would probably be. These posts will have to be read time and time again to understand the philosophies to each method.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Originally posted by Malcher

I have a great question for those who believe in religion other than the sun and the elements around us being responsible for life:

If God created every thing within a short time span then where did all these extra souls come from? Is there an extra soul bag that makes more as we need them?
Our population was at around 200 Million at the year 1 now the population is at 7 Billion. That's a whole lot of more souls into the mix right? Were they waiting around for the go ahead?

So God is still creating new souls?
?

But wouldn't this mean that those souls would in fact interfere with the old souls and that would be "intervention" which can't happen except for Moses and Hundreds others who were somehow privileged...

Seems like the question is more relevant for reincarnation where some god-like entity have to sort out the new beings and what happens to the old being and how they return. Going from 100,000 to a few billion means they all could not be reincarnated.

I dont think people view the soul in the way you are presenting it here. Seems to me, and i am not particularly religious or at least dont push the issue, that only humans have souls and that keeps things easier to account for. What people would say is the soul is not visually detectable or at least not under normal circumstances. Is it at all possible? Well there are many things we do not understand and some would argue cannot see. We cannot see the wind air...and if the conditions circumstances are right water can would be undetectable to the human eye.

An interesting experiment was done in 1901 and worth looking into:

In 1901, MacDougall weighed six patients while they were in the process of dying...

Something i was thinking about earlier today is what if it is all true that we really do pass on to another system after we die (expire) here?

All the good and bad things we have done are taken into account and determined where you go next. Do you have some special ability (like Jimi Hendrix) that would be admired or useful in a desirable next level etc.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

While reading this post there should be forward slash marks that show up in previewing but dont display in the actual post. Should be obvious where they go though.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

Wow, now that's science right there-HOLY CRAP!

I have never heard of that before. That needs to be an entire thread on ATS!

Thank You.

...and if the soul does indeed exist it is the size of a bottle cap and is located in the upper chest region between the breasts. You can feel it like a shock of electricity spreading out through your upper chest.

We've all heard the saying "I'm shocked" and "that is shocking"?
edit on 24-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
"... there are many who have been on amazing spiritual journeys and have discovered the true God. Instead of fretting over what "religious" people think or do, you should embark on your own journey."

"Forget religion, the answers aren't there. Try out that spiritual journey, you might be surprised where it takes you."

That is some EXCELLENT advice! If everyone would just LIVE that way, what a different place the world would be.

A good video that illustrates the difference between religion and a real spiritual journey:

"...where did all these extra souls come from?"

The breath of God...

"The supreme Creator of all the heavens and the earth did two things in creating man. First, He formed him from the very dust of the ground and secondly, He did something to distinguish man from His other creatures—He breathed His own breath into the nostrils of Adam."

"God breathed into man His own Spirit. This means that God has connected Himself to man in the most intimate way possible. Man is related to God and has the same breath as God, the breath of life."

"So what is the breath of God? It is the Spirit of God, given to man to animate him both physically and spiritually. The Hebrew word for spirit is ruach which means wind, breath, air, spirit. Further, the breath of God is the life of God. And the life of God is life that lives on and on, the power to live eternally. God’s breath is not temporal; the breath of God lives forever. As such, we, the recipients of the breath of life, will live eternally. The only question is where will we live? " LINK

I Saw Children in the Thoughts of God “I saw new lives of little babies singing and flying around God's Throne. It seemed to me that babies just came out of the breath of God. They looked like they were wearing nightgowns. They flew into the presence of Jehovah. I realized they were new souls who came from the thoughts of God. God thinks kids. Now I know why those newborn babies are so precious. Babies are gifts given to us directly from the Throne of God. I heard them saying to God, "Can I be a spirit? Would you send me to the earth so I can be a spirit? I want to be a redeemed person. Can I be a spirit?" And while I watched, I heard that mighty sound of God's power, Whooosh! I saw these babies leave the Throne by the power of God. (Heaven Close encounters of the God Kind by Jesse Duplantis p.75). LINK

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I have a great question for those who believe in religion other than the sun and the elements around us being responsible for life:

If God created every thing within a short time span then where did all these extra souls come from? Is there an extra soul bag that makes more as we need them?
Our population was at around 200 Million at the year 1 now the population is at 7 Billion. That's a whole lot of more souls into the mix right? Were they waiting around for the go ahead?

So God is still creating new souls?
?

But wouldn't this mean that those souls would in fact interfere with the old souls and that would be "intervention" which can't happen except for Moses and Hundreds others who were somehow privileged...

Year Population
1 200 million
1000 275 million
1500 450 million
1650 500 million
1750 700 million
1804 1 billion
1850 1.2 billion
1900 1.6 billion
1927 2 billion
1950 2.55 billion
1955 2.8 billion
1960 3 billion
1965 3.3 billion
1970 3.7 billion
1975 4 billion
1980 4.5 billion
1985 4.85 billion
1990 5.3 billion
1995 5.7 billion
1999 6 billion
2006 6.5 billion
2009 6.8 billion
2011 7 billion
2025 8 billion
2043 9 billion
2083 10 billion

source: geography.about.com...

This is what gets me about religion:
How can a person base their entire life around something by just stopping in a book reading session without looking into history for themselves to see what they find? All religion has is "You have to have faith"... You know for Jesus living in such a great time of philosophers and world population such as in Rome-you'd think someone would've mentioned about these people who could float and walk through walls, but you don't find that in history only in the books that people base their world around. For all they know they may have walked into a cult of some sort...

I will pray/give thanks to the sun that it gives us life yet another day. I will not ask it to help me pay my bills-instead I will work harder. I will try to eat healthy and exercise so I take care of my body instead of asking the Sun to do it for me.

What makes you think there is anything like a soul? What is a soul?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The entire Universe is evolving, each potential is part of the continuum. Souls evolve and move forward. Where are all the souls in the OP moving towards? That is eternity.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join