It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all these souls come from? So is God creating more all the time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

No the parents do get to keep their souls haha. But what if some souls are old and some souls are brand new. I've met some people that are exactly like their parents and other people that are the exact opposite.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RUN'___'

I think you have soul and character mixed up.

They are not the same thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlutterByte

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I listened to more than just Carlin, I have read through history to find a single grain of evidence the Romans encountered Jesus. They don't say it. No philosopher says it, it is written only in a story book.

Deny ignorance www.westarkchurchofchrist.org...

My point exactly! These people lived decades or centuries after Jesus, so it was just a myth at that time as it is now.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow, i'm very sorry i missed out on this thread all day, but if you saw my thread from earlier you would understand why. What a great day it has been! A huge amount of knowledge was offered; i hope and believe some of it was received.

So very much Love!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

An honest question or an attempt at spiritual bashing????

I can answer your question... because everything I believe is based on a rational, logical evaluation of ALL of the evidences available. Not being stuck in the scientific false paradigms and blindly having faith in them as those who are are so want to accuse others of doing for religion...

The answer is that what we think of as our consciousness and what has historically (and currently by some) referred to as the soul is the frequency of energy traveling through our nervous system.

There is a certain block of frequencies that can be created by the brain and captured, so to speak, by the brain to have our consciousnesses in them. There is an infinite number of frequencies but some get close enough together to have limited bleed over, hence identical twins experiences of having the same thoughts, feeling the others pain, etc...

This also explains ghosts (different types, like energical imprints on objects, or energy non dispersal, etc.), past lives, etc... A lot of this has been well documented and has better scientific foundation than much of what is accepted as scientific fact.

So the question you SHOULD be asking isn't why many people believe in God or religious doctrine, but why do you truly believe the way you do and what basis you have for doing so.

I can tell you that the vast majority who believe in something do it STRICTLY on faith, the number of people who have weighed the REAL evidence (not the contrived evidence or the paradigmical conclusions) have simply appealed to the authority of those that they are preconceived to trust, much of which comes from liberal indoctrination by way of the education system.

So take a look at yourself and look at those things you have just accepted on faith (like I once did) and really check the actual evidences instead of the conclusions. I think you'll find that it will be difficult to even FIND the real evidences and not the contrived house of cards B.S. that most people are fed.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I once read a theory that every single person on this planet is one soul.

Yes, you read that right. I laughed at first too. But the more I thought about it, the more it began to make some sense. I can't remember where I read this originally, and I wish I could find it again, but according to whoever wrote it every single person is one soul divided into separate consciousnesses, kind of like different computers hooked up to the same network. Our separate consciousnesses being the computers, and the network being the single soul.

Obviously I have no idea if it is true or not, but it certainly is very intriguing to think about.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Why are all the Crazy Girls who are usually VERY PRETTY come from TEXAS? MILITARY CHAPLAIN? Where or how in the World did you come up with that? I laughed so hard I had Beer coming out of my Nose! LOL!

I am FAR from being a Chaplain! Although Father Mulcahy could put back a few at a Poker Game in the Swamp!

YEEEHAAAW! Rideum Girl! LOL! CRAZY....YES I AM....maybe you too. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I have a great question for those who believe in religion other than the sun and the elements around us being responsible for life:

If God created every thing within a short time span then where did all these extra souls come from? Is there an extra soul bag that makes more as we need them?
Our population was at around 200 Million at the year 1 now the population is at 7 Billion. That's a whole lot of more souls into the mix right? Were they waiting around for the go ahead?

So God is still creating new souls?
?

But wouldn't this mean that those souls would in fact interfere with the old souls and that would be "intervention" which can't happen except for Moses and Hundreds others who were somehow privileged...

Seems like the question is more relevant for reincarnation where some god-like entity have to sort out the new beings and what happens to the old being and how they return. Going from 100,000 to a few billion means they all could not be reincarnated.

I dont think people view the soul in the way you are presenting it here. Seems to me, and i am not particularly religious or at least dont push the issue, that only humans have souls and that keeps things easier to account for. What people would say is the soul is not visually detectable or at least not under normal circumstances. Is it at all possible? Well there are many things we do not understand and some would argue cannot see. We cannot see the wind air...and if the conditions circumstances are right water can would be undetectable to the human eye.

An interesting experiment was done in 1901 and worth looking into:

In 1901, MacDougall weighed six patients while they were in the process of dying...

Something i was thinking about earlier today is what if it is all true that we really do pass on to another system after we die (expire) here?

All the good and bad things we have done are taken into account and determined where you go next. Do you have some special ability (like Jimi Hendrix) that would be admired or useful in a desirable next level etc.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

While reading this post there should be forward slash marks that show up in previewing but dont display in the actual post. Should be obvious where they go though.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
God didn't create everything at once. Also, the phrase matter is neither created nor destroyed doesn't apply to pre-Big Bang.

As far as creating souls, from what I've read, yes, he does. He creates them, asks them if they want to join this game or simulation, ask them to sign the contract, erase their memory, and then send them on their way.

And here is the most important part, once you get back to the highest dimension(which I suspect very few make it), he'll ask you whether you want to rejoin him, if you say yes, then you'll have all of his knowledge, however, you'll lose your individual identity, forever(well, I'm unclear on this part, it's possible that he'll allow you to "re-soul.")

The concept that we are all one sounds nice, but if you think about it deeper, it's not really that nice(a lot like heaven). If you really like this girl or that girl, or you want to visit beautiful planets, or have superpowers and then make war with other gods, then decline to rejoin, he won't really punish you, and will even allow you to wander the lower dimensions instead(just know that if you commit evil, you'll be punished, and the punishment will probably be harsher, the more enlightened you are).

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The way i see it...souls are not created by god, souls are born and evolve over several lifetimes.

Sometimes you are baffled by the wisdom of a child or the stupidity of a grown person. Old soul and new soul.
The problemsolvers, solutionseekers etc are old souls.
Troublemakers, charlatans etc are the new souls.

Instinct, sixth sense, deja vu is nothing else but a subconscient experience from previous lifetimes.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
In my humble opinion 'God' is infinite, and We are 'God'; thus We are infinite.

Cheers!
edit on 4/21/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

I agree with you. If religion is true about God. We must all be of Gods spirit/soul.

Because if God is infinite. God cannot create other souls: Where would God get them from if he is infinite?

Everything God the infinite creates must be of hm self and within him self. Because God must take up all space possible.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by soulshn
In my humble opinion 'God' is infinite, and We are 'God'; thus We are infinite.

Cheers!
edit on 4/21/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

God cannot create other souls: Where would God get them from if he is infinite?

Everything God the infinite creates must be of hm self and within him self. Because God must take up all space possible.

So wouldn't that apply to everything pertaining to a human body?

Do religious people believe god makes humans in a factory? I've never heard of that before.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Most likely,our souls are arriving here from the real world,where we have already lived and died and we have already been tested,judged and sentenced,based on how much empathy and love,or how much hate and pain we expressed and inflicted towards the other people in our lives while we were alive there and our souls were then either raptured and ascended into the fourth dimension,within an eternal world where birth,suffering and death exist no more,a place we think of as heaven,or our souls were condemned and cast down into this three dimensional materialistic hell,this reality we call life on earth and nothing will release us from this war torn soul prison,not even dying,for our souls are forced to remain here,trapped inside corruptible flesh,born to live and die again and again,forever...

edit on 23-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Why arent all the souls new souls?

We already see the imperfections in humans and we all have some kind of weakness. Why would someone randomly get a "bad soul"?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
I myself am an agnostic-atheist, but I found this a year or two ago, and it really made me think. Its not the end all be all, but it is a surprisingly intuitive explanation, and addresses the underlying point behind your questions.

www.galactanet.com...
edit on 21-4-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

My views do exactly line up with yours or with what is described in this article, but very interesting read nonetheless ! Definitely makes one think. Star for you

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I have a great question for those who believe in religion other than the sun and the elements around us being responsible for life:

If God created every thing within a short time span then where did all these extra souls come from? Is there an extra soul bag that makes more as we need them?
Our population was at around 200 Million at the year 1 now the population is at 7 Billion. That's a whole lot of more souls into the mix right? Were they waiting around for the go ahead?

So God is still creating new souls?
?

But wouldn't this mean that those souls would in fact interfere with the old souls and that would be "intervention" which can't happen except for Moses and Hundreds others who were somehow privileged...

Year Population
1 200 million
1000 275 million
1500 450 million
1650 500 million
1750 700 million
1804 1 billion
1850 1.2 billion
1900 1.6 billion
1927 2 billion
1950 2.55 billion
1955 2.8 billion
1960 3 billion
1965 3.3 billion
1970 3.7 billion
1975 4 billion
1980 4.5 billion
1985 4.85 billion
1990 5.3 billion
1995 5.7 billion
1999 6 billion
2006 6.5 billion
2009 6.8 billion
2011 7 billion
2025 8 billion
2043 9 billion
2083 10 billion

source: geography.about.com...

This is what gets me about religion:
How can a person base their entire life around something by just stopping in a book reading session without looking into history for themselves to see what they find? All religion has is "You have to have faith"... You know for Jesus living in such a great time of philosophers and world population such as in Rome-you'd think someone would've mentioned about these people who could float and walk through walls, but you don't find that in history only in the books that people base their world around. For all they know they may have walked into a cult of some sort...

I will pray/give thanks to the sun that it gives us life yet another day. I will not ask it to help me pay my bills-instead I will work harder. I will try to eat healthy and exercise so I take care of my body instead of asking the Sun to do it for me.

Your numbers are all wrong...
You are using those who LIVED, not all the ones who died in the mean time, past present & future.
So the numbers are probably DOUBLE what you theorize!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
reply to post by blocula

Why arent all the souls new souls?

We already see the imperfections in humans and we all have some kind of weakness. Why would someone randomly get a "bad soul"?
Some souls are just getting here,their first incarnation and some souls have already been reincarnated here many times...
edit on 23-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

"Keep Me Free From Birth"...George Harrison

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
To answer the OP: Souls are formed in the womb. Zech 12:1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join