It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all these souls come from? So is God creating more all the time?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

its more like metaphysics. i believe it is like quantum physics. source of energy is god so to speak.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Souls = single drops from an infinite ocean.

There can be as many souls as necessary. We're just parts of the infinite whole, that's all.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
this question boggles my mind, and I won't be taking the time to respond to your incredibly ignorant attitude toward religion but I think of God like this:

God is an infinite expression of forms. there is no tally on how many souls per year incarnate it does not work like that.

How do we know our souls do not occupy multiple dimensions at once?

and if they did wouldnt that mean those other expressions of us have souls too? Would they try to tally up souls in their own dimension do you think?
edit on 21-4-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

I don't understand your answer. TheProphetMark read the same story I did ( at least that's what I took from his post), and you flamed him for finding the story interesting - www.galactanet.com...
and when I read your answer above, it has sort of the same concept as the story. Multiple dimensions, infinite expression......

I looked at the OP's link, and clearly it's not interesting, it's only population figures. What other "read" could TheProphetMark possibly have meant, other than the link about "The Egg" ?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here are some links the OP and anyone else reading this thread might find interesting:
The Holographic Universe
Are You Living In A Simulation?
The Observer Effect
and
Multiverse Theory

I imagine religion is just a preprogrammed addition to the simulation, just to make things interesting.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Souls = single drops from an infinite ocean.

There can be as many souls as necessary. We're just parts of the infinite whole, that's all.

I agree

If E=MC2 is true then everything is energy .. so we are part of the greater field of energy that is Everything .

That makes our Consciousness Energy and part of the conscious field that permeates all dimensional realities .

If we both exist within and encompass all that is ...basically there is no end to consciousness .

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yeah I was referring to "The Egg" story

He's just an ignorant fello who jumps to conclusions without asking questions first.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

That's what I thought, it was the only interesting read up to that point, and it was interesting.
I consider myself an agnostic pantheist, or maybe a pantheistic agnostic
who doesn't believe in religion, only because it puts us in labeled boxes, with specific dogma.
None of us really knows what happens, about anything spiritual, until we actually get there.
I've even heard Deepak Chopra recently say, that he's still questioning, still learning.

It was an interesting concept.

Very confusing when someone grouches at you and argues that you're wrong, for saying the same concept that he believes in, is interesting. I had to read that over a couple of times
Religion makes people so grouchy sometimes.....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

The human perception of time as linear is one of the oldest trips going, but the truth is, "higher dimensional" "you" is too big to fit in an earthbound container. That means that "you" literally pour a lot of yourself on the ground to come here and "get born," and none of that is ever wasted."

It just caught a different connecting flight.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by inivux

This is more or less the same teaching "the reincarnation" part is expounded in Buddhism, or rather Nichiren Buddhism which is based on the Lotus Sutra of the Mahayana Branch of Buddhism. The Lotus Sutra

Before I continue further, I would like to point out that all religion or religious teaching is to be expounded or propagated directly to the lay person (i.e you and me) but sadly most of the "secrets" were either lost in translation or being filtered by someone who wants to be in control. thus, the true meaning of all doctrines might be lost throughout times. This happened in Buddhism as well.

The essence of the philosophy of Lotus Sutra is the teaching of Ichinen Sanzen, 3000 realms in a single life moment, and the fundamental principle that all living being and it's environment is interconnected on the most fundamental level which is called the Mystic Law, The law of the universe which governs everything and contains the inexhaustible amount of life-force or energy that we can all tap into.

and the means or skills to obtain this life-force in the universe is inherent in all of us and teaching of Buddha through the Lotus Sutra and not Buddha himself. as explains in the Nichiren Buddhism through a topic call " Buddhism equals daily life"

I quote the following from Buddhims equals Daily Life

Many of us may have been conditioned during our upbringing to see things to do with a religion or a teaching primarily in spiritual terms so that a distorted view of Buddhism as being `other worldly` is formed. Yet Nichiren Daishonin`s Buddhism teaches that the spiritual and physical/material aspects of life are inextricably linked. Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and practising Nichiren Daishonin`s Buddhism, in the face of day to day realities with its ups and downs, gives us a powerful means to draw out our Buddhahood. We find the key to our happiness in the middle of our daily lives! This is one meaning of `Buddhism equals daily life`

Though there were many other Sutras that is written or taught by Shakyamuni / Gautama Buddha, Lotus Sutra is the last Sutra that he expounded in a ceremony called "The Ceremony in the Air" before he passed into extinction. While he has written or taught many other sutras before this, do note that,all other Sutras is written during his earlier lifetime of traveling and sharing his insights/ learning in his journey of discoveries. However, the rest of the Sutras continue to survive and been adopted into many different schools of Buddhist teaching.

The fundamental teaching of Buddha is categorized into:

1) Hinayana (The Lesser Vehicle)
2) Mahayana (The Greater Vehicle)

When the Lotus Sutra is expounded to the world in the "Ceremony in the Air", Shakyamuni Buddha declares that all he has taught thus far in the Lotus Sutra is true and ends with Shakyamuni urging the audience to propagate the lotus sutra in the latter day of the Law:

The Ceremony in the Air signifies that the mystical Law of the Lotus Sutra transcend the framework of time and space, which means that for someone that devote him/herself in the Lotus Sutra by chanting Nam MyoHo Renge Kyo (literally translated as devotion to the Lotus Sutra) you can observe your life of past,present and future in a single moment of mind and tap into the inexhaustible energy or life-force that exists in and around us to overcome our challenges or obstacles in our daily life.

Fundamentally, all of us is form/created from some forms of energy, and when we die, we will revert to the original state of a latent form of energy waiting to be reborn in another life in another form of energy.

In the teaching of the Hinayana branch of Buddhism, you will find that in order for your to attain enlightenment, you will requires more than 1 lifetime to achieved that if you are lucky.

Hinayana is a combination of 2 words in sanskrit, Hina and Yana
Hina means "poor, miserable; vile, base, abject, contemptible," and "despicable." and yana means Vehicle

While the word "Maha" means Great and Yana means Vehicle. in the Mahayana sutras, emphasis are made on the extensive instruction of (Sanskrit: upāya,) or Skillful means in Chapter 2 of the Lotus Sutra and Lotus Sutra is the only Sutra that is well known to have expound extensively on the instruction and concept of Skillful means.

Read : Lotus Sutra

Continue in next post....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
huh? why believe in religion when its man made?

why not believe in God directly?

God is the sum of all of us, no matter how infinitely divided up.

ie u meet the love of ur life, conceive new 'souls' from what? the same stardust the same supreme energy and life force some people claim to have have had conversations or picture up in the sky somewhere,

instead of within all of us.

You say it all perfectly - plants and trees create their own seed that scatter everywhere - the seed that is within us all and all life on earth is the seed of God - we are but an imagining of his consciousness and by tapping into the wave length within us, we tap into 'the all knowing'. The All One - There is Only God.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow you guys are really thinking about this. My mind is going crazy with info overload!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Originally posted by lifeform11
I'm not religious but i will give a possible answer to the question.

maybe there are always the same amount of souls on earth, however due to the decline of certain species most souls have to come back as the successful species - humans.

I like that clever. Perhaps even true.

From my point of view life on earth is a phase of evolution you go thru. There is something to get and when you do it gets easier to understand your sorrounding. Sometimes you move backwards sometimes forward. There is no real hurry except the missery you will cause others and yourself if you do not get it. Faith is not mandatory to find it. It is about what you are inside behind all masks and that mind you have. Those who get answers do no longer have faith. They have experianced things and know things from their experiance. You have a biological machine for a toy that have a programed mind that you can change but you are neither body or mind. You are the thing behind pulling the strings on both. Core values are hard to change when they are ingraved in your soul.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

When Shakyamuni Buddha expounded the Lotus Sutra before he passed into extinction. He has attained the profound enlightenment of Buddha-hood and Instructed his disciples or bodhisatvas of the Earth to propagate the Lotus Sutra that contains his key message of Buddha-hood that is:

1) Condition of absolute happiness
2) Freedom from all Fear & Illusions
3) Inherent in All Life
4) Eternal

and the meaning of Buddha-hood is:

1) Nothing other than an ordinary person who is aware of his or her life state
2) ‘the Buddha’ is not a special or divine person
3) Development of inner state of life
4) Overcome problems and live a fulfilled and active life
5) Engaging fully with others and society

And All of us can attained the state of Buddha-hood by doing our own Human Revolution, Refer to : Human Revolution

Based on my understanding and interest in Buddhism, I can observe that while many practitioner of Buddhism devotes their faith to Buddha himself, the true objective of Shakyamuni himself is to propagate his teaching or understanding in attaining Buddha-hood and not devotion himself. I draw this conclusion of my own by attempting to research and read more on the Life of Buddha but at most, I can only find books or writings describing his earlier part of his life during the journey of his own discovery. As stated in the book called Buddha by Karen Armstrong.

As clearly mentioned in the introduction of the book, I quote

"but throughout his life, he fought against the cult of personality and endlessly deflected the attention from himself. It was not his life or personality but his teaching that was important"

and further emphasize by Daisaku Ikeda - President of SGI in the writing on Buddhism titled The Wisdom of Buddhism

A quote from Ikeda

Religion must always be for the people. People do not exist for the sake of religion. This must be the fundamental rule of religion. To place supreme value on the human being is the teaching of the Lotus Sutra. It is the humanism of the Buddhist Law

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
That was an rather interesting read I must say so myself.

Thank you for this.

are you kidding me?

is this the drivel ats has succumbed to?

That little story is closer to the truth than you will ever get....in this life.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Wow you guys are really thinking about this. My mind is going crazy with info overload!

Ask, and ye shall receive

By the time you've gone through all the answers here, you'll be more confused than ever

Answers only create more questions......
The possibilities are endless.....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I personally believe that God doesn't create souls anymore. I believe that when you have sex and have offspring the two souls of the parents are combined into one. Thus, creating a brand new soul. Once this soul dies over time it is recycled unless God grants this soul external life. If God doesn't grant this soul eternal life than the soul must start over again in a brand new galaxy. There is one plant with life per galaxy. There is more than one God.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Everything is Energy. We are all energy. As God, the Great Mystery, the Great Spirit, or whatever you wish to call it, is Infinite, so too are the possibilities of its manifestations. We human souls are but a microcosm of the vast macrocosm. Fractals within fractals ad infinitum. Creation is continuous. Energy is neither created or destroyed. It simply is.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boeserwolf

I definitely agree with your post. We are right now a human being. When we die we are no longer a Human we just become the just Being. We become conscious energy.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RUN'___'

I personally believe that God doesn't create souls anymore. I believe that when you have sex and have offspring the two souls of the parents are combined into one. Thus, creating a brand new soul. Once this soul dies over time it is recycled unless God grants this soul external life. If God doesn't grant this soul eternal life than the soul must start over again in a brand new galaxy. There is one plant with life per galaxy. There is more than one God.

What happens to the parents if their souls are combined, do they lose theirs? There were points in my life where I would agree on that.

If the soul dies and is recylced, it kinda contradicts your theory of it being born from the combination of the parent´s souls, doesn´t it?

Btw, there is a term for it.

Traducianism,

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by SplitInfinity

I listened to more than just Carlin, I have read through history to find a single grain of evidence the Romans encountered Jesus. They don't say it. No philosopher says it, it is written only in a story book.

Deny ignorance www.westarkchurchofchrist.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join