It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all these souls come from? So is God creating more all the time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have a great question for those who believe in religion other than the sun and the elements around us being responsible for life:

If God created every thing within a short time span then where did all these extra souls come from? Is there an extra soul bag that makes more as we need them?
Our population was at around 200 Million at the year 1 now the population is at 7 Billion. That's a whole lot of more souls into the mix right? Were they waiting around for the go ahead?

So God is still creating new souls?
?

But wouldn't this mean that those souls would in fact interfere with the old souls and that would be "intervention" which can't happen except for Moses and Hundreds others who were somehow privileged...

Year Population
1 200 million
1000 275 million
1500 450 million
1650 500 million
1750 700 million
1804 1 billion
1850 1.2 billion
1900 1.6 billion
1927 2 billion
1950 2.55 billion
1955 2.8 billion
1960 3 billion
1965 3.3 billion
1970 3.7 billion
1975 4 billion
1980 4.5 billion
1985 4.85 billion
1990 5.3 billion
1995 5.7 billion
1999 6 billion
2006 6.5 billion
2009 6.8 billion
2011 7 billion
2025 8 billion
2043 9 billion
2083 10 billion

source: geography.about.com...

This is what gets me about religion:
How can a person base their entire life around something by just stopping in a book reading session without looking into history for themselves to see what they find? All religion has is "You have to have faith"... You know for Jesus living in such a great time of philosophers and world population such as in Rome-you'd think someone would've mentioned about these people who could float and walk through walls, but you don't find that in history only in the books that people base their world around. For all they know they may have walked into a cult of some sort...

I will pray/give thanks to the sun that it gives us life yet another day. I will not ask it to help me pay my bills-instead I will work harder. I will try to eat healthy and exercise so I take care of my body instead of asking the Sun to do it for me.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
huh? why believe in religion when its man made?

why not believe in God directly?

God is the sum of all of us, no matter how infinitely divided up.

ie u meet the love of ur life, conceive new 'souls' from what? the same stardust the same supreme energy and life force some people claim to have have had conversations or picture up in the sky somewhere,

instead of within all of us.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm not religious but i will give a possible answer to the question.

maybe there are always the same amount of souls on earth, however due to the decline of certain species most souls have to come back as the successful species - humans.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

maybe there are always the same amount of souls on earth, however due to the decline of certain species most souls have to come back as the successful species - humans.

I like that clever. Perhaps even true.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
he is taking them back up from hell and making politicians and lawyers

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Originally posted by lifeform11

I like that clever. Perhaps even true.

Or Perhaps there's Billions of souls scattered throughout the other dimensions, and we just ''travel''...

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I myself am an agnostic-atheist, but I found this a year or two ago, and it really made me think. Its not the end all be all, but it is a surprisingly intuitive explanation, and addresses the underlying point behind your questions.

www.galactanet.com...
edit on 21-4-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
I myself am an agnostic-atheist, but I found this a year or two ago, and it really made me think. Its not the end all be all, but it is a surprisingly intuitive explanation, and addresses the underlying point behind your questions.

www.galactanet.com...
edit on 21-4-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

Thank you for that read. That was very interesting.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
In my humble opinion 'God' is infinite, and We are 'God'; thus We are infinite.

Cheers!
edit on 4/21/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I agree with him:

In my humble opinion 'God' is infinite, and We are 'God'; thus We are infinite.

Cheers!

Anyway there are thousends of planets and cultures being destroyed in this same moment in the infinity of the multiverse. And be chance they reincarnate here.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think he did it with horcruxes.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
this question boggles my mind, and I won't be taking the time to respond to your incredibly ignorant attitude toward religion but I think of God like this:

God is an infinite expression of forms. there is no tally on how many souls per year incarnate it does not work like that.

How do we know our souls do not occupy multiple dimensions at once?

and if they did wouldnt that mean those other expressions of us have souls too? Would they try to tally up souls in their own dimension do you think?
edit on 21-4-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Anyway there are thousends of planets and cultures being destroyed in this same moment in the infinity of the multiverse. And be chance they reincarnate here.

Exactly what i meant back there... Thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
regarding the increasing human population to near 7 billion - well do souls accrue?

only if more and more in their further progressive transmigrations of consciousness,

are not achieving anatta

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is this really all u got to discredit religion, God, spirituality, enlightenment? Your gonna have to do better than that. U believe in "souls" but than try and discredit other beliefs? Fail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join