It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets have another go at Meditation: Cure?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Now in the videos we learn that meditation can supposively cure certain ailments of the body. Curing even some health defects. For how long to me still remains to be seen. We also learn that meditation can trasnform your brain aswell as learning new skills.

I don't know just how much weight all this really holds. But I believe their is deffinately something to it. If you pay attention to the lyrics in music. Even pay attention to major people in our lives. Like ghandi, jesus they all meditated. Now this gem from Asia is probably the oldest and most effective medicine we have.

So why do so many of us choose not use it?

I will tell my journey into this paradigm. When I first got into meditation i read no articles or reviews from other people who done it. i wanted no outside influences and for the most part I have let very little influence in. Because I wanted to experience it for awhile and compare my experiences with others.

If my experiences were similiar to that of others then obviously this isn't b/s. And though my experiences might not be dead on with others. They are at their root the same. I've had the same messages given to me as others through different visuals. I believe that this is because consciousness works with what you best comprehend or like.

instead of showing me a regular tree. I watched a crazy giant tree grow and bear fruit of species. Instead of a regualr flower I saw a flower bloom and was covered in diamonds rather then a certain color.

I've seen a temple in the clouds that was cleary asian style with golden statues outside it. Castles made of crystal. I've seen alot of things. I've taken from them what I've needed to. I can say meditation makes life so much more grandeur.

But that's me. I've also found that through increasing spiritual vibration the immune system dominates most infections. As I barely get sick.

This is one of the reasons I wanted to bring these videos into the light. Through myself I have found alot of this documentary to be on top of the situation.

Would love to hear what other shave to say about it. And how have your experiences been? Do you believe it should be taken seriously by society as a whole? Should we adopt asian ways of life if only the spiritual concepts such as meditation?

Should it be required? Could it cure criminals?
edit on 21-4-2012 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I remember accounts in this forum proclaiming buddha wasn't a real person. Took awhile for me to respond to that and here it is.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If you want to cure yourself try some herbal medicines. I don't say that meditation can't cure you. I just say that practice of yogic methods for improving the body is a waste of time as described by Sri Krsna. The Soul is eternal but the body is not. Why wasting energies in something that has a beginning and an end?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Very good thread. I would use conventional only when absolutely necessary but alternative remedies and health. And, either through a good regressionist who goes for Higher Self connection or healings like Dolores Cannon, or creating your own guided meditation self hypnosis tapes to do the same thing, to really seek the answers needed in our lives, though not all info may be given, only what is allowed, its still up to us to seek and ask, and to seek for our healings, and try to see the work we could be doing to, what is right for us, more or less. To work at holding love frequency on this planet and freedom/equality/progression for everyone.

Sungazing too is very good tool and part of the process, its very much like meditation, in the kind of answers that can come. Not to mention the pineal enhancement and vit D increase.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sungazing For Mind/Body/Soul Safely!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Was Jesus a meditator? I happen to believe so also happen to believe he was gnostic. When christianity was split up and fought one another the winner would write their version of Jesus.

When fate is depended on this the truth is not always told. I think we need to do alot of digging rather then panning the gold the stream is bringing us.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

Why waste your time living when it has a beginning and an end?

Why not unify mind body spirit and universe through meditation?

Why not try to become less dependant on corporate b/s?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

So how do you do it,how do you get in?

What is it called when a person can heal and kill at will?

edit on 21-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

So how do you do it,how do you get in?

What is it called when a person can heal and kill at will?

The more you want something the more it can elude you. But if you try not to seek it it may come to you.

Meditation is a personal journey we all experience our own journeys but we get shown the samethings. Maybe not not the exact same detail but we walk the same path. What you take from it is based on You the individual.

That is why we live in dualism. You are not me because we are who we are. But we are the same because we are apart of the same reality. We are the same person because you may just be another side of me thats not prominant. Most importantly we are apart of the same species. Greater still the same universe.

When you bleed you wouldn't consider 2 pints of blood to be seperate would you? Both came from you. All the blood cells in those pints though individuals are still you are they not?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It means that you should not waste your time refitting your body when you should be refitting your soul. That's self that is eternal is the ultimate goal of any yoga practice.

This perfections are called also inpediments be Lord Krishna:

SB 11.15.33: Learned experts in devotional service state that the mystic perfections of yoga that I have mentioned are actually impediments and are a waste of time for one who is practicing the supreme yoga, by which one achieves all perfection in life directly from Me.

Also related this thread:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have meditated for years on and off.
I have a foot that has the myelin stripped off the nerve. Surgery didn't help.
I had got into a state of 'central sensitization' where I was just incredible sensitive all over, and had a lot of chronic pain.
I got serious about meditation because I never wanted to be a pill head. I took tramadol, which isn't heavy duty, but I hated being dependant on going to the doctor and pharmacy and insurance,ect., because I just hate that.
Darn thing hurts but I started meditating WITH DISCIPLINE 2 times a day - because I hated going to the doctor and the feeling of being crap begging for pain medicine.

Anyway, like last night it hurt but I just ignored it. I can ignore a lot of things now. It's like, that's my foot and it hurts, but this is my mind and it's ok, I'm ok. I'm just much more able to put my mind where it needs to be.
edit on 22-4-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karmayogi11

It means that you should not waste your time refitting your body when you should be refitting your soul. That's self that is eternal is the ultimate goal of any yoga practice.

This perfections are called also inpediments be Lord Krishna:

SB 11.15.33: Learned experts in devotional service state that the mystic perfections of yoga that I have mentioned are actually impediments and are a waste of time for one who is practicing the supreme yoga, by which one achieves all perfection in life directly from Me.

Also related this thread:

Sorry but I don't practice yoga. It's not needed to meditate. SO actually sounds like your working on your body rather then your soul.

Did you think about what you were saying before you typed it?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

This is gonna sound harsh and honestly i'm no doctor but I know how the human anatomy works. If surgeory didn't work it would make much more sense to kill the nerves around the damaged area. I'm pretty sure your hurting in that area. The nerve is nothing but detrimental to your life. So I would think killing the nerves around it would shut down the pain.

The reason why this hasn't been recommended to you is because how is someone gonna feel suggesting to a person while maintaining proffessionalism that hey let us kill the nerves in your foot.

But it is the right treatment. If i'm wrong please let me know. But sometimes you have to destroy to create.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Sorry but I don't practice yoga. It's not needed to meditate. SO actually sounds like your working on your body rather then your soul.

It is not my concern but are you having a bad day? If so I hope it becomes better in time.

And how is meditation not related to yoga?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karmayogi11

It is not my concern but are you having a bad day? If so I hope it becomes better in time.

And how is meditation not related to yoga?

No actually my day has been pretty good. Ever noticed how sensitive people are on the internet? Talking face to face with someone you don't get much sensitivity. But when you get the on the internet and type people get deffensive. Almost like technology makes people schizods.

You can meditate without yoga was my point. It's not required.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

No actually my day has been pretty good. Ever noticed how sensitive people are on the internet? Talking face to face with someone you don't get much sensitivity. But when you get the on the internet and type people get deffensive. Almost like technology makes people schizods.

You can meditate without yoga was my point. It's not required.

Ok this is a misunderstanding lets try again. You think meditation has nothing to do with yoga that they are complete different things. Well in some light it is true but in some other it is not.

Wiki about meditation: en.wikipedia.org...

So my point come from the traditions I follow: I am Bhagavadgita oriented so I take Sri Krishna's statements as bases.

Why for me meditation = yoga in this case? Because Sri Krsna states that's the highest form of yoga is meditating on the supreme God.

Indirectly you accuse me to be schizoid but your anger wont cure it if that's the case do you have anything else to offer?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

After talking to my teacher, it has come to the conclusion of some others and me, that we should do this live on the ats, we all have healing gifts and I am tired of not seeing it for real by people who say they can do it.

IT WILL BE MY ABILITY CONNECTED WITH EVERY ONE ELSE’S'

Your ability is to heal ,and my ability is to get it on the right frequency’s. I just found out I have an healing ability or what ever it is, I just found out 4-12-12 when I got sick on 4-11-12,so I’m super stoked to put it to good use.

SO, let us get started on this healing of others so that it is conclusively and undeniably be marked in the history of life that it can be done.

But first I would like to ask one question.. What does a crystal skull mean ?

edit on 22-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm not saying it's not related or anything like that you said that. Go back and look rather then feeling attacked. I said you don't need yoga to meditate. Case closed.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

After talking to my teacher, it has come to the conclusion of some others and me, that we should do this live on the ats, we all have healing gifts and I am tired of not seeing it for real by people who say they can do it.

Your ability is to heal ,and my ability is to get it on the right frequency’s. I just found out I have an healing ability or what ever it is, I just found out 4-12-12 when I got sick on 4-11-12,so I’m super stoked to put it to good use.

SO, let us get started on this healing of others so that it is conclusively and undeniably be marked in the history of life that it can be done.

Reply to your last question. Lol is it getting that dire?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
reply to post by hadriana

This is gonna sound harsh and honestly i'm no doctor but I know how the human anatomy works. If surgeory didn't work it would make much more sense to kill the nerves around the damaged area. I'm pretty sure your hurting in that area. The nerve is nothing but detrimental to your life. So I would think killing the nerves around it would shut down the pain.

The reason why this hasn't been recommended to you is because how is someone gonna feel suggesting to a person while maintaining proffessionalism that hey let us kill the nerves in your foot.

But it is the right treatment. If i'm wrong please let me know. But sometimes you have to destroy to create.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

If you were to kill the tibial nerve, it has motor AND sensory function. I did have the nerve released and wrapped surgically, which didn't work worth a crap, but to destroy it would cripple me for life. I'm ok. I finally nearly died a few times and they figured out that I have an autoimmune disorder. Predisone has helped and the nerves been healing.
edit on 23-4-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000

Reply to your last question. Lol is it getting that dire?

No.But im very confident in my gifts,just wanted to see how confident every body else is in thiers.

join