It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on tape: Chilling new video of US border patrol beating immigrant to death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Caught on tape: Chilling new video of US border patrol beating immigrant to death

A new video shows Anastacio Hernadez-Rojas lying on the ground in the fetal position, circled by at least a dozen federal agents as one repeatedly shocks him with an electric stun gun.
The video was shot by a passer-by and was obtained by the lawyer for the Hernandez-Rojas family as they push on with their wrongful death suit against the US government.

The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) aired the video and an interview with the woman who shot it as part of a new documentary. In May 2010, Seattle resident Ashley Young was crossing a bridge from Mexico to the United States. In the "Need to Know" report, Young said that she saw the man lying on the ground was handcuffed. She said she did not witness any evidence of Hernandez-Rojas lashing out at the agents, but they are clearly heard yelling in the video for him to stop resisting. He was then tasered five times while calling for help in Spanish.

She also said that a small crowd had gathered on the bridge and some yelled for the agents to stop. But the officers came along to tell the onlookers to keep walking. One officer demanded that witnesses hand over their cell phones or delete the video they had taken, she said, but she kept walking. Young told PBS she "felt like she watched someone be murdered."

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Disciplinary action should be taken against the officers involved, and the family of the man that was beaten should be paid monetary damages ( medical bills, etc)

When these border patrol officers put on that uniform, they are supposed to serve and protect the U.S with dignity. These thugs are putting the U.S. to shame. Just because this is acceptable in 3rd world countries does not mean it should be acceptable here.

And it's sad that so many people will come in here and support this kind of crap because hey...if Iran, and Mexico do this type of thing then why shouldn't we?

edit on 4/21/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And she would be right. The first thing that came to my mind was that the agents down there are frustrated and, if you in there positions, you would be too. Their job, essentially, is to catch illegals, go through a time consuming process to get them deported ( It's not like you can just pick 'em up and drop 'em back over the border) and then catch them again at a later date when they will invariably walk back over the border again.

It's an exercise in futility. They have a job to do and everyone wants to know that their job means something. That they're making some kind of a difference. They can see day in and day out that they're not making a difference. Not even close and you can blame the gap between federal and state policies for that. It's like a legal juggling act where one hand never knows what the other is doing, and the border agents are the ones picking up the pieces, putting them back together and giving them back to the idiotic bureaucrats.

I'm not defending the actions of the agents, crossing the border illegally shouldn't be a crime punishable by death, all I'm saying is that I understand their frustration.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Frustation? Lol, that is no excuse to beat people to death. I am sorry judge, i didnt mean to beat them to death I was just a bit frustrated

edit on 21-4-2012 by TheMindWar because: Icon

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is simply just one reason why you should NOT engage in ILLEGAL activities!!

When you partake in this sort of criminal activity, such as INVADING a country illegally, you always run the risk of a bad outcome. A 40-something year old adult is old enough to know this...

Crime doesnt pay. Even a 10 year old knows that.

Taking DRUGS like Meth also doesnt pay!!

Conclusion: Dont be a criminal in life, and you wont find yourself in this situation.

Edit To Add: And now they are going to SUE for MY hard-earned TAX DOLLARS over this. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 21-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It seems that not only was this guy an INSURGENT but he was also doped up.
This alone most probably was why he needed the beating.
Good riddance.

(Edit)
In the title it says "caught on tape".
Is there a link or anything so I can watch the beating?
So I can watch the officers and decide for myself the individuals guilt.
edit on 21-4-2012 by g146541 because: Proof??

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

This video makes me uneasy. I feel so bad for his family. No matter what he did, he is 1 man on the ground surrounded by officers in the double digits all partaking in beating him! That is absolutely unneccessary! 1 man against more than 10 is never fair or just in any reason! Only big p*ssies in my opinion fight like that and recently that is exactly how our law enforcement has been acting. I literally get chills when I hear him scream in actual pain, and hate how the video cuts off right as you see more than one officer stomp him and others no doubt jumping in. This is total abuse of power. Who the hell needs that man people for one guy? They didnt realize anyone was videoing. What horrible officers. I am getting sick of video after video of us law enforcement beat every gender, every race, every age, innocent or guilty. They dont discriminate who they physically hurt. Its enough, I say.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Maybe not, but it's a reason. I'm trying to be partial on this one because on one hand I've seen for many years the negative outcomes of illegals coming to this country. Specifically Arizona where I've lived for over 20 years. Crime rates go up, unemployment numbers go up, the amount of people on Government assistance go up, the drop house raids go up........want me to go on? This isn't a coincidence. The bottom line is that I've seen nothing good come out of the fact that illegals come to this country. You can take all the negatives I've stated, which are facts, and put them against the argument of "They just want a better life" and you'll start to see just how weak that argument is.

The illegals are uneducated gutter level takers. Period. You can be PC about it and try to put a positive spin on it, but I'd really like to know what that positive spin is because I haven't seen on in 20 years.

Again, I'm not defending the actions of the agents, but I understand them. And if you can't then you're not seeing the reality of the situation.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have a real problem with illegal immigrants, and usually side with the cops but this one is ridiculous.

The guy is handcuffed. There are more than ten agents. Grow a pair and quit relying on the tazer. I think tazers are a very important tool, but I am getting a bit tired of seeing them come out so often. Sure a guy that is just completely out of control and impossible to cuff should get the crap tazed out of him. Guy already on the ground in cuffs, even if high off his butt does not need to be tazed. Secure the idiots legs, carry him to the squad, throw him in. If he's not giving up after being tazed a few times, he's not giving up until there are medical complications.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Another video from youtube.

Something is flashing from the end of the hand of the LEO. See circled area.
If I were one of the LEO's standing in that close circle, I would have been very upset with anyone discharging a firearm in that close of proximity of me or others.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

If I were one of the LEO's standing in that close circle, I would have been very upset with anyone discharging a firearm

... That was the Tazer...

I'm no sure if you're joking. Still love you either way.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Remove everyone who wears a uniform. For some reason it always goes into their heads that they have power over others.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
apparently, Americans cant handle power,

without blatantly abusing it

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
She said she did not witness any evidence of Hernandez-Rojas lashing out at the agents, but they are clearly heard yelling in the video for him to stop resisting.

That's an old school trick. Cops did that to a mate of mine around 20 years ago.

One officer demanded that witnesses hand over their cell phones or delete the video they had taken, she said, but she kept walking.

If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about cameras. Isn't that what we're all told?

That's one good thing about cameras. If the authorities decide that the officers did nothing wrong, there's always public trial by YouTube!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Where is the video?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'll wait for the investigation to conclude. To much circumstantial evidence and speculation being tossed around as fact. Some video, a few interviews with family, and a police statement and I am supposed feel outrage and get my signs ready to protest? Not me. I got others things to do.

However, if after this investigation is concluded and it is ruled that these border patrol agents where negligent and used excessive force? Then by all means try them, and if convicted? Sentence them. That is how it works. Lets move on to the next so-called scandal.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: Omitted the last few sentences in my post. It turns out "illegal immigrant," was mentioned once at the start of the local English news report. My apologies for missing that.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've seen more evidence of brutality in this video than I saw for the entire MSM propaganda campaign to bomb Libya.

Seriously.

When the # hits the fan, these guys are the ones who will be imposing Martial Law on our asses, it's almost as though they purposely put brutal, power crazed #s in uniform these days.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You would think ATS posters would be a little more cautious about jumping to conclusions, since you're all often doing it and later shown to be wrong. The whole Tryvon thing comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

A new video shows Anastacio Hernadez-Rojas lying on the ground in the fetal position, circled by at least a dozen federal agents as one repeatedly shocks him with an electric stun gun.
The video was shot by a passer-by and was obtained by the lawyer for the Hernandez-Rojas family as they push on with their wrongful death suit against the US government.

The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) aired the video and an interview with the woman who shot it as part of a new documentary. In May 2010, Seattle resident Ashley Young was crossing a bridge from Mexico to the United States. In the "Need to Know" report, Young said that she saw the man lying on the ground was handcuffed. She said she did not witness any evidence of Hernandez-Rojas lashing out at the agents, but they are clearly heard yelling in the video for him to stop resisting. He was then tasered five times while calling for help in Spanish.

She also said that a small crowd had gathered on the bridge and some yelled for the agents to stop. But the officers came along to tell the onlookers to keep walking. One officer demanded that witnesses hand over their cell phones or delete the video they had taken, she said, but she kept walking. Young told PBS she "felt like she watched someone be murdered."

rt.com...

This place sucks, don't come here....

Gs

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Wow..it's possible a man is murdered ..... And instead of addressing that you give excuses. That's the problem w/ America....someone's always got an excuse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join