It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Are Jumping Ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
. ....Democrats Are Jumping Ship
04/20/2012 06:54 PM ET -- Investors.com

And it seems many jumpers are big names.

Many seem to be positioning a guess about the ObamaCare outcome.

Some are admitting it would have been better to address other pressing problems.

Others are picking at parts of it and suggesting changes already.

Brad Miller, Barney Frank, and Elizabeth Warren are just 3 who are all of a sudden "skeptical".

Some are jumping ship on Obama's latest stance on the Keystone Pipeline.
(Obama has flip flopped more than once, depending who was listening)

Perhaps Democrats know something the rest of us don't about Barack Obama's political fortunes. What else explains the increasing numbers who are openly defying the president on two key election issues?

The notoriously thin-skinned Obama could not have been happy with the news last week that, as the Hill newspaper put it, "an increasing number of Democrats are taking potshots at President Obama's health care law."

North Carolina's Brad Miller, who voted for the law, now laments that "we would all have been better off" if Congress had dealt with more pressing issues "and then came back to health care."

oily problem:

This fear is even more evident when you look at the growing opposition among Democrats to Obama's position on the Keystone XL pipeline.

Obama may have thought he'd cleverly handled the issue by putting it off until next year, and that no one would think to defy his veto threats.

But when Republicans called his bluff with a bill to force a start on construction, 69 Democrats rushed to join them, giving the House bill a veto-proof majority. The Senate bill is just a vote or two away from overcoming a Democratic filibuster.

I would also think the Eric Holder mess has an impact.

And don't forget the GSA fiasco either !!

And a few others.........

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well hell...how long do you think they can they keep treading water...the ship has sunk, no rescue in sight....

Some are starting to realize they are running out of time to reinvent themselves before the elections. This is what we are seeing happening now.

Des

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
But everyone will vote and keep on believing it helps.

Atlantis = America's mind; lost and sunken

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Or maybe- just maybe- some of these politicians have actually started to listen to the people that they are supposed to be representing. I believe that is one of the biggest problems with career politicians: they get elected by promising to do the things that the people who vote for them want them to do, but once they actually get into office they only make appearances of listening to their constituents while they do what they (the politicians) think is best in their own opinion.

I think that as more people contact their elected officials about their displeasure at the way they are not being represented a lot more of them (politicians) will be jumping ship in the near future!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I do hope you are right. What I see as the biggest problem is, so many Politicians who got voted into office with promises to their constituents to govern by the will of the people. . When they get to Washington, the allure of the lobbyists takes over, then they lose sight of who put them in office in the first place.

It will only be when Politicians begin to realize that the people who voted them in, can vote them out, will we begin to see any real change.

Des

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Des,
I think they finally ARE starting to realize it, and that's why some of them are starting to jump ship. I totally agree with you. They start getting "courted" by the lobbyists and all their good intentions fly right out the window! The thing is though that people are starting to wake up and demand that politicians do the jobs that they were elected to do. I believe as more people start voicing their anger there will be many more politicians following suit.

edit on 21-4-2012 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by littled16

I do hope you are right. What I see as the biggest problem is, so many Politicians who got voted into office with promises to their constituents to govern by the will of the people. . When they get to Washington, the allure of the lobbyists takes over, then they lose sight of who put them in office in the first place.

It will only be when Politicians begin to realize that the people who voted them in, can vote them out, will we begin to see any real change.

Des

Definitely. Obama is your average NFL quarterback who starts getting booed by smart fans, then the rest start booing to fit in.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The Democrats don't like the truth being displayed for all to see.

- 1 in 2 new college graduates are jobless or underemployed. -

College graduates are working at Starbucks.

4 more years of this ??? No way....vote for ABO. - Anybody But Obama -

- 50% of College Graduates Unemployed or Underemployed -
----------
Chris Matthews also jumped ship.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wow I can't believe it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Of course he doesn't like the members of Congress and their company. Of course he isn't saying what his plans are. In his mind his is working for the UN. He has already shown that he considers the American people of no importance. He has openly stated that the Congress is irrelevant. He has had no problem stating that he will do what he wants. What does it take for people to get a clue. It isn't like he is hiding anything. He may be the biggest liar the world has ever known. However actions speak louder than words. It is time that the bought off party animals called the US government come to terms that this is not just a sale out of we the people. They are included too. What do they expect . While they were dancing, drinking, have their sex orgies with hard earned money. The enemy within the camp took control. All these illegal rules ,policies and laws are being written for them as well.. They are buying the rope and providing their own hanging. These immoral blood sucking pigs are not going to escape their own trap. Karma is alive and well. What goes around comes around. The the law of nature will eventually prevail.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Probably they are just trying to save face considering they are betting it'll just become RomneyCare soon enough..Or..was...Umm...ClintonCare...No wait!....Meh, I give up!..

top topics

join