It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scorpions in time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Once upon a time (in time) there was a frog and that frog was related to many other frogs, ancestor frogs. Many of her ancestors had fallen in a trap, the trap of the scorpion. The scorpion would convince the frog to give him a lift across the river. Claiming to be nice and not like other scorpions, this story would continue to repeat itself ( in time )
So after many repeats the frog became wise, and when a scorpion came to her for a lift, she played along with the game. Are you sure you are a good scorpion? I have heard a lot of bad things about your types. No those were other times, please give me a lift to the other side of the river. So the frog agreed. as they got very close to the other side, the scorpion let go of his sting. But strangely enough, the frog didn't even react, it just floated down the river like an empty boat. The scorpion was surprised but couldn't care less as he leapt on to the safety of the rock. Just as he did, he saw another frog identical to the other (out of time), with a long stick. She was smilling as she prodded the rock , which moved with the greatest of ease, as if it was made of paper and was empty. The scorpion floated down towards the falls and the frog waved goodbye, "You just cant trust anybody , specially when your running out of time."

edit on 21-4-2012 by ancientthunder because: spell check

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't get it. I remember reading the variation where both the frog and the scorpion die and the frog asks "why would you sting me, now we are both going to die?"

And the scorpion replies, "because it is my nature."

This one didn't make much sense though...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

you will have to try harder to find the sting.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I flagged it~!!

LOL..

and I

love

it~!

top topics

join