It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An immature Supreme Being?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Who commands God not to kill?

I doubt that anyone would have a problem with that.
What people have a problem with is how it always seems to be people killing people, claiming to be following God.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Who commands God not to kill?

I doubt that anyone would have a problem with that.
What people have a problem with is how it always seems to be people killing people, claiming to be following God.

That's how God works, and it works both ways. In the Jeremiah example the king refused to listen to God's prophet and He used Israel's enemies to exact judgment against them. They refused and Nebuchadnezzar took the king, and burned Jerusalem. In other accounts, God had already declared if a man sheds blood, so his blood will be shed by men.

God does nothing without first revealing it to His prophets, and God uses one's own enemies to judge them when they refuse His Word. This is the Biblical model.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This is the Biblical model.

That is the Old Testament, notice the word "old" in the title.
The Christian Bible is the New Testament, notice the word "new" in the title.
A habit of binding the old with the new is a matter of convenience for people who take seriously the quote in Luke,

He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

so they can look them up. Otherwise there is not much use for the OT other than to figure out what some of the phraseology in the New Testament is quoting. We don't take the antiquated writings of the Jews as a law to live by. Jesus was the true revelation of God, and is obviously not like the avenging angel of death portrayed in those OT mythical stories.
edit on 22-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I'm not even talking about the Pentateuch. What about the other 4/5s of the Messianic prophecies that are yet to be fulfilled? Do we throw those out? The first 1/5 were fulfilled literally, why would the other 4/5 not be also? No, we are not under the Law, not suggesting we are.

edit on 22-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

What about the other 4/5s of the Messianic prophecies that are yet to be fulfilled? Do we throw those out? The first 1/5 were fulfilled literally, why would the other 4/5 not be also?
Be sure to let me know if you ever find anyone who thought that before J. N. Darby.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

You never know. that could be. I think I remember a star trek episode where they had a 'god like' being show up and it turned out to be a spoiled kid playing with his toys (the star trek crew). Who knows ... it could explain a few things I suppose.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

What about the other 4/5s of the Messianic prophecies that are yet to be fulfilled? Do we throw those out? The first 1/5 were fulfilled literally, why would the other 4/5 not be also?
Be sure to let me know if you ever find anyone who thought that before J. N. Darby.

Does Jesus count as "anyone"?

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Does Jesus count as "anyone"?

I already mentioned Jesus.
Look four posts up from yours.
What I quoted is in Luke before his ascension that is described in the sequel, Acts.
It might be helpful if I quote what came after the part I quoted earlier, about prophecy being fulfilled.

Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

The fulfillment of all the prophecies that Jesus thought he was to fulfill culminates with his work from Heaven in guiding the church to spread the Gospel.
What your cult's philosophy does is deny that his work ever matures, and instead we have some middle eastern group who takes the limelight and they are the fulfillment.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There are a boatload of OT prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

You just hate Jews and Israel, get over it already, they aren't going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

. . . You just hate Jews and Israel . . .

I'm just a Christian, rather than a member of a cult.
Normal Christianity is based on the understanding that the church of Jesus is the spiritual Israel who has been given the blessings formerly offered to the fleshly Israel which is now defunct.
There is a group of international criminals illegally occupying Palestine who call themselves Israel but they have no connection with any sort of real Israel which God recognizes.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

. . . You just hate Jews and Israel . . .

I'm just a Christian, rather than a member of a cult.

There are people who call themselves Christians who hate the Jews and Israel. Hitler comes to mind right off the top of my head.

And yes, I'm a member is great standing within the Jesus Freak Cult, look under my username to the left.

Normal Christianity is based on the understanding that the church of Jesus is the spiritual Israel who has been given the blessings formerly offered to the fleshly Israel which is now defunct.

That's commonly referred to as "Replacement Theology", a Roman Catholic carry-over from the Reformation, it's a heresy.

There is a group of international criminals illegally occupying Palestine who call themselves Israel but they have no connection with any sort of real Israel which God recognizes.

There are criminals everywhere, all human government is corrupt. Moot point.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by jiggerj

What if what you call ''God'' is in fact a kind of mathematical constant which set the laws and physics and thus we came to existence (anthropic principle)? He can't answer to us if that's the case.
I find your opinion interresting, though.

Mathematical Constant = Perfect, provable logic. I love it!
But, try telling that to the bible thumpers.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jiggerj

He answers to US!

God answers to US?

The Creator answers to His creation? The Potter stands at attention and answers to the lump of clay?

Do you have children? Do you love them? Well, when they grow up they will ask you questions on why you did this or that when they were little. And if you don't have the right answers for them, you could lose them. And, having no answer is worse than a bad answer.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You have nothing good to say about Christianity.
You belong to an anti-Christian cult invented by Zionists to be a cover for the criminal so-called state of Israel.
They understood long before it was brought about that violence was the only way to do it so they created and promoted an anti-logic and inverse morality supporting variant of Christianity which at its core undermines the very founding principle of the church, to eventually put an end to the church.

Zionism seeks to eliminate its competition and the means is by murder, such as its model in the Old Testament, which was king Josiah who tore down the altars of the Most High in favor of leaving only one altar standing, which is on Zion, meaning the central temple at Jerusalem, and burned the bones of the slaughtered priests on those competing altars in order to defile them. The spirit of Zionism goes through the same sort of methodology to destroy any competing form of worship of God by chaining Him down to their spot and denying access to Him in any other way.
Christianity was the destruction of that old system, historically, and a source of envy from hurt pride which they have planned and put into effect the way to end. The ultimate goal being closing off access to who they claim as God, from any avenue other than their own.
edit on 23-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jiggerj

He answers to US!

God answers to US?

The Creator answers to His creation? The Potter stands at attention and answers to the lump of clay?

Do you have children? Do you love them? Well, when they grow up they will ask you questions on why you did this or that when they were little. And if you don't have the right answers for them, you could lose them. And, having no answer is worse than a bad answer.

We already have His Word. And He hears and answers the prayers of those who diligently seek Him. You have ALL the tools you need, you just have no idea where the toolbox is.

edit on 23-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Rah, rah, rah, rah. Jews are evil, Israel, rah, rah, rah, CULT!!!

Get a new M.O. dude no one is listening to that broken record anymore.

You have nothing good to say about Christianity.

This modern perversion of it that barely looks like the apostolic church that operated in SPIRIT as well as truth, no, not much good to say at all. It's a bunch of glorified Dr. Phil's teaching sin management sermons and no longer teaching the cross, the blood, or the baptism of the Holy Spirit, all to draw a crowd, collect money, and to brag to their friends how many people are in the seats.

I'm sent to shake trees, to shake so that the things which cannot be shook remain and the Lord can build again from the remnant. The world doesn't need to go to church to hear Dr. Phil, we know what channel he is on and can stay home to hear his message.

Does that anger you Pharisee?

edit on 23-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Does that anger you Pharisee?

No. What part of your post was designed to anger me?
I think there is a problem, that concerns me, but I don't get what your expectation is exactly.
And as far as this word, Pharisee, goes, I have yet to have anyone tell me what they mean by that.
Maybe you are thinking of that "Free Grace" thing, where you imagine a Pharisee would not approve.
I have my doubts, since a lot of Pharisees ended up accepting Jesus.
I am concerned about this fantasy you have that somehow you are "sent".
What does this mean, that this voice inside your head has been giving you instructions?
From my observation of your behavior, I would not be giving you advice to go with it, but rather you may want to seek some professional advice with someone especially trained to deal with this sort of phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

What part of your post was designed to anger me?

None of it was "designed" to.

I am concerned about this fantasy you have that somehow you are "sent".

It's simply a calling, and one I had run from for 6 some years or so because I didn't want the burden that comes along with it.

edit on 24-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I think if there ever was some supreme being, it would only be fitting if they were indeed immature.

Being supreme, more supreme than a human, how would you understand us? You would have to be immature to understand us.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We are dealing with unexisting data. Every assumptions has equal possibilities of being right and wrong.
We just can't built an opinion on missing data.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join