It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irrefutable evidence that God exists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
God is not a religion. God is not a man in the sky. God is not supernatural. God is the creator of life forms. God is an architect that shapes what we look like, not by an act of will necessarily, but just by the fact of what God is. So, the presence of God causes life forms to take the shape that they do and causes them to take shape at all. So we are because God is.

What's more is that my definition of God can be accepted by atheists as well. You can't not believe in God as I define God. I define God simply as, "that which is". You see? So I have irrefutable evidence that God exists because essentially, my definition of God is also, "the natural cosmic circumstances that led to the emergence of life". So if you're an atheist, and you believe in the past and you believe that you exist, then you believe in my God.

All you have to do is look around if you want to see God. God is all around you, but God is not out here saying, "Look at me and how powerful I am, I am your master, God". No, God is more subtle than that. God is the fact of our existence that we, daily, take for granted and walk on the Earth oblivious to. It seems like a lot of people don't take the time out of their busy lives and stop and look around and say, "wtf??" and, "What's really going on here?"

God is the universe and the universe is alive. We are the living universe. Our forms take the shape of it. My eyes are black holes and my face is a galaxy of stars and light. At least, that's the shape of our forms. We are made in the universe's image.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Beautifully articulated smithjustinb. Your god sounds a heck of a lot like my god. We are observing and experiencing the same nature, although we may describe or understand it differently.

I love that your realizations allow you to perceive a beautiful canvas to co-create, and in this realization you choose to illuminate a brighter world.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ALL Religions out there won't believe in your God simply because they won't make money if they accept your theory. Which by the way, I totaly agree with you on this one!

Good thread my friend!
edit on 21-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

First of all, I agree with this. Second of all, I do argue both the atheist side and the theist side, because we don't know enough to say for sure.

But...you do realize that only a handful will accept this as proof, right?

That's not counting the Christians.

Just so you're warned...prepare to be flamed. Not by me, but there's a whole tribe of trolls camped out just down the road. Be ready for it.
edit on CSaturdaypm505003f03America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
ALL Religions out there won't believe in your God simply because they won't make money if they accept your theory. Which by the way, I totaly agree with you on this one!

Good thread my friend!
edit on 21-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

Many religions do not exist to make money. They exist to help, and try to save humanity from their highly misguided version of Ragnarok.

I would know from experience.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I dont know WHAT god is, but I am 100% CERTAIN that he/she/it has NOTHING to do with our organized religions. They are nothing but a filthy twisted creation of man that is a disservice to any higher power above us that we call "god".

If god has all the characteristics that religion speaks of, then WHY would god need MAN to write a book for him when god could just simply show us humans everything through real-life experiences?

Religious people just refuse to use the brain that they were given to USE...
edit on 21-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Still waiting for your irrefutable evidence.No offense, you can't irrefutably prove or disprove the existence of god. That's why it's called faith.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Still waiting for your irrefutable evidence.No offense, you can't irrefutably prove or disprove the existence of god. That's why it's called faith.

I don't think irrefutable means what he thinks it means.

The difference between faith and science is -- in science, with evidence, EVERYTHING is refutable.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
During a fairly brief, somewhat fleeting encounter with what I understood to be the living God, I experienced a God who is self aware, infinitely greater than (but also equal to) us, and possessed with an independant awareness evidenced by an unparalleled sense of humor, that could be described as almost (but not quite) wicked. To run into him, is to fall down laughing, even to the point of tears while saying "how did he KNOW, how did he KNOW?!", because the joke is told from the future in an acausal manner. I know, sounds crazy, but that was my experience, which goes well beyond what the OP is suggesting in terms of God as a supreme being, who is a type of person, with a distinct sense of self awareness and understanding.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hmmm. So your proof is that since god is not omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, then that means he must mean that he is in fact is all of those. Kind of warped logic if you ask me.

I'm of the opinion that atheists are as ignorant and closed minded as religious people are.
You actually have no proof, so you tried to create some using smoke and mirrors.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
God is not a religion. God is not a man in the sky. God is not supernatural. God is the creator of life forms. God is an architect that shapes what we look like, not by an act of will necessarily, but just by the fact of what God is. So, the presence of God causes life forms to take the shape that they do and causes them to take shape at all. So we are because God is.

What's more is that my definition of God can be accepted by atheists as well. You can't not believe in God as I define God. I define God simply as, "that which is". You see? So I have irrefutable evidence that God exists because essentially, my definition of God is also, "the natural cosmic circumstances that led to the emergence of life". So if you're an atheist, and you believe in the past and you believe that you exist, then you believe in my God.

All you have to do is look around if you want to see God. God is all around you, but God is not out here saying, "Look at me and how powerful I am, I am your master, God". No, God is more subtle than that. God is the fact of our existence that we, daily, take for granted and walk on the Earth oblivious to. It seems like a lot of people don't take the time out of their busy lives and stop and look around and say, "wtf??" and, "What's really going on here?"

God is the universe and the universe is alive. We are the living universe. Our forms take the shape of it. My eyes are black holes and my face is a galaxy of stars and light. At least, that's the shape of our forms. We are made in the universe's image.

If that's the case, why bother calling it God? Why not call it by the definition already agreed upon—The Universe?

Finally, we may be able to discontinue this discussion about "what god is" and move on to something that hasn't always been so obvious.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

OP as an Near death experiencer (15+ min flatline ) I agree with you ...

From what I gather Consciousness exists ...

If Consciousness exists then it is part of the fabric of the universe ...

If Everything is Energy ... Then Consciousness is Energy too ...

In my own simplistic circular point of view ...

Everything is Energy .. Consciousness is Energy ... Consciousness is Everything .

The Primary motivating force in the Universe .

You don't have to accept the existence of the Conscious field .

It will still accept you .

It's all about creation and evolution of consciousness.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just so you're warned...prepare to be flamed. Not by me, but there's a whole tribe of trolls camped out just down the road. Be ready for it.

Though your words are good they can't be taken as

Irrefutable evidence that God exists

You have your beliefs and that probably works well for you but its going to take more than that to convinve me that
God is real

Cran

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't believe in the religious type of god.

But that the idea that the scientific evolution of the universe (i.e the big bang) is god is more plausible, but i dont think the universe is the god.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Good thread.

I don't label myself as this-or-that anymore. I just stopped. I'm here to experience and take the world in, and can appreciate science and spirituality without a thick static. Day to day, in this existence, I just can't help but feel there's a lot more to all of this, but call it a hunch that the inner spirit connects with, craves rather -- some seem to pull the shade over their head, and walk blindly of wonder of the science itself.

Just because you can explain it down to its essence further screams for the question of our purpose, this consciousness. Being able to understand more and more, and explain a lot of it makes it more amazing. I don't call it God. I like to pull myself from that word. I call it All. Be it your definition of an entity, or the beauty of nature, and everything in it's essence, it is your personal space in my opinion, and that's how it should be treated.

Me, I feel we, souls, make up a ball of energy, or rather threads running together. Life comes from this well within the planet. There because the planet is here, alive, complex with life.

Life within life.
edit on 21/4/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

While your work at painting a picture for compromise is nice, and admirable, as a matter of semantics, as well as the negative associations already in the historical record associated with the term 'god', as an atheist, I will respectfully decline from referring to the universe, or any version of it illustrated in any way as 'god'.

Further, as an atheist, it's a matter of principle too. Thus, no, I'm in disagreement for acceptance of this proposal of yours.
Granted, it's a nice idea and the thought is appreciated, but, with me, no, it's not working.

Keep in mind though, most atheists come into atheism on their own through self discovery, self enlightenment, and define their own philosophies in association with their atheism. In this sense, quite a number of atheists are islands to themselves, similar, yet also different, sometimes drastically so, from other atheists.
In that respect, don't let my own personal rejection of your proposition stand as a benchmark or standard for all atheists.
It's just not working for me. Well done and nicely put though it is, it's just not for me.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Some atheists will say "Why call it God then, why not just call it reality?". Some atheists really do not like the word God, because it is associated with a being by the majority and it can cause confusion.

When I refer to God I am talking about the sum of all the energy that is , both slowed energy (matter) and fast energy (pure energy, light).

I am also willing to say that I believe the true nature of this energy is joy, and the evidence is that the DNA slowly contracts when humans feel negative emotion and the DNA quickly expands when humans feel positive emotion, and since the fastness of the energy is manifested in quick DNA strand expansion and endorphines (Chemicals of happiness) we can directly connect speed with positivity (happiness) , and we also know the nature of the universe and its ever increasing speed of expansion!

Russian scientists have no problem admitting and even made technology with energy in mind which actually word with good results, but you won't see much of this in America and Europe (Most Western society) because in the west, in order for science to be acceptable it has to be "accepted" by peers and most western scientists are strictly materialists, otherwise you are laughed at, sometimes they ignore things on purpose or try to find the weakest excuse to explain away.

But there are hospitals in the east that don't use medicines but use monitors to show proof that it works!

They are more advanced in the science-spiritual regard.

Sources:

Science is corrupted - Union of concerned scientists confess

Russian DNA discoveries

Healing with intention (eastern hospitals)

Emotions and DNA

After I seen the scientific evidence I don't have doubt now. I know that not everyone will accept and will defend strict material but that is OK. I'm just saying this for people can WANT spirituality and WANT to see the evidence and accept. I am keeping my energy fast like the ever expanding universe/reality (God) by staying in my happiness. Don't stress yourself out over it if they don't like the word.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I'm of the opinion that atheists are as ignorant and closed minded as religious people are

Thats a brave statement
By choosing not to believe the lies that the church peddles out does not make you Ignorant
It frees you from the guilt the church pushes on sheeple who readily believe what their preached on a sunday

Cran

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You state that "God is the Universe". I must respectfully disagree. Infinite space and time devoid of all matter and energy is the wake created by the Presence. The Universe is the infinite Bride out of the "rib of Adam". Religions have their place as ladders and stepping stones, never meant for dwelling within for a lifetime, but only as tools.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Additionally, If anyone could actually really prove without a doubt through any means, that there is a god or gods, even if they walked up to my doorstep and introduced themselves, I'd still claim atheism because, if there are any gods, they've got a LOT to answer for and regardless of how real such a proven god might be, they're not getting my support.
NOPE.

Anything, or anyone that tries to wear that mantle or crown needs know that if they want to have the job, with it comes the responsibility of knowing they've done a right rubbish job of it and need be retroactively held accountable for all the evils and suffering caused and done in their name(s)

Thus, if there ever was a god, or gods, it or they have not lived up to standards befitting the position such that whatever entity may claim the title is totally undeserving such that there may as well have never been one to begin with.

Atheism is then reinforced. My personal opinion, mind you; not necessarily other atheists'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join