It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama being booed at Fenway

page: 4
45
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by pngxp
somehow i doubt this will make it onto the evening news, even though it probably should.

i think it says a lot about a person when they are booed by what seems like an entire stadium. especially when that person is our president.


It won't make the evening news because this video is of someone videotaping their television screen and adding commentary. It's fairly obvious that it's a television screen and frankly I'm surprised that anyone on here can't readily make the distinction.


And you don't think someone tivo'd it and can rip it in Ace quality?

Commmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee oooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn bruh.

P.S.

That's not some one filming their television, it's a person sitting in his seat at fenway with a very low quality/bitrate video.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by spyder550
They love them that Romney care though.


Can you rephrase that in English for those of us challenged in ebonics or whatever that is, please?


I should clarify though, I don't care for Romney so it's not a partisan thing. Mitt Romney or Obama? That's like asking someone with which foot would you like me to kick you in the balls?


ROFLMAO - I actually fell out of my chair reading this


Well put



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by spyder550
They love them that Romney care though.


Can you rephrase that in English for those of us challenged in ebonics or whatever that is, please?


I should clarify though, I don't care for Romney so it's not a partisan thing. Mitt Romney or Obama? That's like asking someone with which foot would you like me to kick you in the balls?


ROFLMAO - I actually fell out of my chair reading this


Well put


agreed.. I think you should start a thread with that title lol



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I am not a fan of obama either. However....There is nothing in that video to even suggest a video was talked about or shown.

I hear no one talking about him or announcing him...Nothing. Just a crowd booing at....Something.

This is a very typical scene at most professional sports games...

I just have trouble taking this video as anything more than what it is...A crowd of people booing.....Something...

It looks like the teams are in the middle of playing...Who is to say they aren't booing at a bad play?

There may just be a reason no one else is talking about such a thing...

I simply and realistically have to take this video at face value...What it is...Is a video of the crowd booing about something....That's about it.


Popular or not, That is where I stand.
edit on 22-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Watch "The Sum of All Fears". When The President takes the field to wave to the crowd before the game, he is booed by the crowd, and actually smiling before going out as the booing increases when he is announced.

It's an accurate portrayal of what happens at sporting events.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
Everybody knows the majority of Red Sox fans are "bandwagoners". All it probably took was a few opportunists to start the booing and the rest of the mindless conservatives followed suit. I'm glad they lost

edit on 22-4-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)


seriously...where are you from and how do you know this?
the majority of Red Sox fans are people just like you who go to a game to enjoy the afternoon or evening the last thing they want to see is something regarding politics, why the need to be so devisive?

In truth, unless you were there you dont even know why they were booing, not based on the video in the op at least...
its quite common at ANY baseball game for the crowd to boo the oppsing batter coming to the plate, or a bad play from the outfield or any number of reasons, why bring devisive politics into it?
if you pay attention to the video the booing also happens to coincide with batter from the oppsing team taking his position at the plate...

below are the same links in the OP

theblaze.com


No verified video of the event has been posted yet; we’ll update if one becomes available.

from a self-proclaimed right wing propaganda machine


Update 4/21/12: Judging by the reaction, the video probably is fake

...sorry couldnt get a quote from the last link my computer is now infected....

stop falling for this crap people, a nation divided can not stand and please PLEASE keep your politics out of my baseball!!!!



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by owtFsink

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
Everybody knows the majority of Red Sox fans are "bandwagoners". All it probably took was a few opportunists to start the booing and the rest of the mindless conservatives followed suit. I'm glad they lost

edit on 22-4-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)


seriously...where are you from and how do you know this?
the majority of Red Sox fans are people just like you who go to a game to enjoy the afternoon or evening the last thing they want to see is something regarding politics, why the need to be so devisive?

In truth, unless you were there you dont even know why they were booing, not based on the video in the op at least...
its quite common at ANY baseball game for the crowd to boo the oppsing batter coming to the plate, or a bad play from the outfield or any number of reasons, why bring devisive politics into it?
if you pay attention to the video the booing also happens to coincide with batter from the oppsing team taking his position at the plate...

below are the same links in the OP

theblaze.com


No verified video of the event has been posted yet; we’ll update if one becomes available.

from a self-proclaimed right wing propaganda machine


Update 4/21/12: Judging by the reaction, the video probably is fake

...sorry couldnt get a quote from the last link my computer is now infected....

stop falling for this crap people, a nation divided can not stand and please PLEASE keep your politics out of my baseball!!!!



I think you are saying that obama doesn't want the nation to actually stand..? A divided nation cannot stand I agree yet obama has become the great divider... I cannot think of one thing he has done that has brought this country together and I can see many things that have knocked us back years.

I think obama wants america on its knees and I like to laugh at post like this.... that one about mitt or obama which foot you want me to kick you in the balls with... classic.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

Originally posted by jzenman
Well it just goes to show that baseball fans are not the most intelligent people in the world. Most of the people I've met who seriously loved baseball were pretty dull.


I'm one. Generalization falsified.


And you seem pretty humble too.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by pngxp
somehow i doubt this will make it onto the evening news, even though it probably should.

i(sic) think it says a lot about a person when they are booed by what seems like an entire stadium. especially(sic) when that person is our president.


It won't make the evening news because this video is of someone videotaping their television screen and adding commentary. It's fairly obvious that it's a television screen and frankly I'm surprised that anyone on here can't readily make the distinction.


I believe that it is more obvious that this came from a person's cell phone that was sitting in the stadium.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

I think you are saying that obama doesn't want the nation to actually stand..? A divided nation cannot stand I agree yet obama has become the great divider... I cannot think of one thing he has done that has brought this country together and I can see many things that have knocked us back years.

No, i am saying that it is all of them (the politicians and more), they work harder to keep us divided amongst ourselves then we do but most of us just fall in line with it anyways...


I think obama wants america on its knees and I like to laugh at post like this.... that one about mitt or obama which foot you want me to kick you in the balls with... classic.


Please dont
i have been kicked enough recently, but i suppose if you must, then let it be me...so long as i can keep watching the game
edit on 22-4-2012 by owtFsink because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2012 by owtFsink because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is a video of fans booing at a stadium, just because the OP says they are booing Obama is the only evidence here. I would rather see a grainy video of Obama throwing a pitch or a video with him in it to be convinced.
edit on 22-4-2012 by dstance because: edit: fixed grammar



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I remember when America was really good at booing. That was the weakest booing ever. I guess they stopped teaching it in school.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow, this will surely anger the Obamabots.

I love it.

Obama should never have been president in the first palce.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Via Boston Globe sports reporter Gordon Edes:

Gordon Edes @GordonEdes

People booing message from President Obama. Mixed with cheers
20 Apr 12



Via Newsday‘s Erik Boland:

Erik Boland @eboland11

video message from President Obama, talking about 100th anniversary of Fenway, gets some boos.

www.mediaite.com...



received from John T.:

I was at the Red Sox game yesterday and can confirm the reported booing occurred, mixed with cheers at about a 50/50 ratio I’d say.

I think the reason there’s no video is because of the timing. The opening ceremony, which lasted about an hour, had officially ended and the game had begun. Most people, myself included, had stowed their phones and settled in for the game.

Obama’s message was brief, perhaps 10 seconds long, and began to play, I believe, after the first inning or half inning. It took me (and likely most others) by surprise, so there was little opportunity to catch the moment on video. As it turned out, there were other prerecorded messages played all game long between innings. Obama’s was just the first, and the only one booed. Most, if not all, of the other messages played were from people with Boston roots (e.g., Conan O’Brien, Dennis Leary, Mark Wahlberg), and they all received favorable reactions from the crowd.


It happened...
edit on 22-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Wow, this will surely anger the Obamabots.

I love it.

Obama should never have been president in the first palce.


Agreed, my only question is palce, was this a typo or a freudian slip for palace?

I'm leaning toward the slip.

As the rest of the US scrapes by barely.

edit on 22-4-2012 by g146541 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Wow, this will surely anger the Obamabots.

I love it.

Obama should never have been president in the first palce.



That's right, obama's approval ratings are so low now, Kenyans are actually accusing him of being born in the United States.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
Via Boston Globe sports reporter Gordon Edes:
Gordon Edes @GordonEdes
People booing message from President Obama. Mixed with cheers
20 Apr 12
Via Newsday‘s Erik Boland:
Erik Boland @eboland11
video message from President Obama, talking about 100th anniversary of Fenway, gets some boos.
www.mediaite.com...
received from John T.:
I was at the Red Sox game yesterday and can confirm the reported booing occurred, mixed with cheers at about a 50/50 ratio I’d say.
I think the reason there’s no video is because of the timing. The opening ceremony, which lasted about an hour, had officially ended and the game had begun. Most people, myself included, had stowed their phones and settled in for the game.
Obama’s message was brief, perhaps 10 seconds long, and began to play, I believe, after the first inning or half inning. It took me (and likely most others) by surprise, so there was little opportunity to catch the moment on video. As it turned out, there were other prerecorded messages played all game long between innings. Obama’s was just the first, and the only one booed. Most, if not all, of the other messages played were from people with Boston roots (e.g., Conan O’Brien, Dennis Leary, Mark Wahlberg), and they all received favorable reactions from the crowd.
It happened...
edit on 22-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)


Agreed.
Berry was booooooooooed!
Berry didn't even have the guts to make a personal appearance.
Berry was booooooooooed!
And with multiple links to prove it.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You guys make everything political. It's freaking baseball. If you walk onto Fenway field and you ain't from Boston you will get booed. It's rivalry.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
You guys make everything political. It's freaking baseball. If you walk onto Fenway field and you ain't from Boston you will get booed. It's rivalry.


it's the president.



posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece

Originally posted by antonia
You guys make everything political. It's freaking baseball. If you walk onto Fenway field and you ain't from Boston you will get booed. It's rivalry.


it's the president.


And? He's from Chicago. What team plays there? This is normal behavior at Fenway-If you ain't from Boston you will get booed.



new topics

top topics



 
45
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join