It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Google is demanding we get a mobile phone now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here is my set up for password recovery. I use both the cell phone and email set ups. Maybe your email go hacked and the setting got changed or something. And by the way I have had my gmail account get messed up a few times (mostly my fault) but I donot remember seeing the screen you posted

edit on 4/21/2012 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I made a fake google and facebook account.
I just used a company in america for the details!
I only use it with IP hide to.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My hotmail got spammed and was never opened as a result of this kind of thing and I sure as hell didn't want to see a repeat of that,as to what happened You Tube stopped me from linking to my FB and when I searched the reason the phone issue came up.
I am aware there is no electronic privacy and yes I am a bit paranoid when I could be tracked real time.I imagine I am definitely on some lists because I am a combat arms vet,with guns.But I detest being told I MUST acquire something I don't want.
I apologize MOD for the repetition of thread.
I will submit for the appropriate beatings as needed.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

You don't need a mobile phone to use google....and if you did....who exactly do you think would be "tracking" you?.....and why?

Seriously there are so many people here on ATS who have an over inflated view of their own importance!......nobody is in any way interested in "tracking" anybody here......why would they?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here? Here I'm just a grump, no importance what so ever, however there are active elements who regard me as a clear and present danger as they do any person who opposes the current brain washing efforts and has a gun collection.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've had my Gmail account for many years now; it was the first email account I had. I've never (not once) been able to send mail with it. I also have a Yahoo account which works fine and always has.
One day I had already checked my Gmail with my real IP address, and then about 2 hours later tried to log on with my TOR running on an IP address from Germany. They wouldn't allow me to log in saying that this was not the usual geographic area I checked my mail from.
No problem; I just thought I'd try again later, but since that time they have been showing me the screen that I posted. Obviously the problem is on me because I won't give them a phone number. I'm big enough to accept that and discontinue using their products.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The 'do a search' knee jerk reply is getting old. Some of the search results are weeks to over a year old.
Do you not consider that thing might have changed in the controversial subject since the last reply on the old thread?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I don't have ,or really want,a mobile phone and if I had such a device I would keep it private,as it can be tracked.I have failed to log into my google account as a result.
Does anyone know a way around this BS?

Try this.

It's called "the rejection line". It is used by people who are hassled for their phone number by undesirables.

Give Google this number and request they send you a text. Then you can view the code they send on the website.

www.rejectionline.com.au...
edit on 22/4/12 by NuclearPaul because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join