It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Fascists?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Nope it started long before Reagan and the best Example of it was FDR and the Current potus.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by neo96

quote from NEO96s avatar,

inevitability: the knowledge that no
matter what you do the rest of your life,
youll never be as cool as corperate overlord

i wounder if irony really covers this op from a person who sees corperate over lords as "cool"

sounds to me like you have been sent hear on behalf of your "cool" overlords to make us love our servatude to the corperate overlords.

AGAIN
fashism is,
the 1% writing legislation to be passed by bought politicians,
that seves a small corperate interest, (money)
over the wants and needs of the people.

sounds to me like you like corperations writting legislation

xploder

Great ad hominem attack about a poster and really are they to ignorant to see that it was a joke with regards to the avatar

Elected congressman write the laws of this land.

No staffers, lawyer and corporations write the laws, congressmen vote on them

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
reply to post by neo96

Ohhh, my god...

STFU... SERIOUSLY, STFU. YOU ARE A FOOL.

Hey love the personal attack pretty Fascist to silence any thought you disagree with.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

i wounder if irony really covers this op from a person who sees corperate over lords as "cool"

sounds to me like you have been sent hear on behalf of your "cool" overlords to make us love our servatude to the corperate overlords.

AGAIN
fashism is,

xploder

Great ad hominem attack about a poster and really are they to ignorant to see that it was a joke with regards to the avatar

Excerpt from: www.neusysinc.com...

The Constitution gives the president exactly one method for preventing a law passed by Congress from taking effect: the veto. President Bush has chosen largely to ignore his veto power. Instead, he often issues a "signing statement" when he signs a bill, proclaiming which parts of the bill he will not obey, along with his objections to those parts. In effect, he presumes that he has the power of a line item veto.

A few years ago, Congress had given President Clinton a line-item veto. Anyone who even glances at Article I, Section 7 of the Constitution can see that there is no constitutional sanction for this new presidential power. The Supreme Court rightly struck down the law. That should have laid the issue to rest, but the current president, following his usual pattern of assuming powers never granted his office, has been signing bills with abandon while openly declaring that he will obey only those provisions that suit his purposes.

There is actually nothing wrong with publishing a statement upon the signing of a bill, if the statement merely explains the president's understanding of the intent of Congress in passing the bill. Many presidents, starting with James Monroe, have done so. Only the few who are known for a tendency to usurp power from Congress – for example, Wilson, the Roosevelts, Reagan and Carter – made it a practice to claim the power to ignore a provision of the law with which they disagreed.

President Bush has surpassed even the power-monger Franklin Roosevelt in his use of signing statements to defy the power of Congress. According to a report by the American Bar Association, "From the inception of the Republic until 2000, Presidents produced signing statements containing fewer than 600 challenges to the bills they signed. According to the most recent update, in his one-and-a-half terms so far, President George W. Bush (Bush II) has produced more than 800." That's a third more than all previous presidents combined.

The April 30, 2006 Boston Globe listed several examples of signing statements issued by President Bush. According to the Globe article, on August 8, 2005 the president signed a bill mandating that "The Department of Energy, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and its contractors may not fire or otherwise punish an employee whistle-blower who tells Congress about possible wrongdoing." In his signing statement, Bush gutted the bill by stating that the administration would regulate what information DOE and NRC employees may provide to Congress.

A bill signed on August 5, 2004 declared that "The military cannot add to its files any illegally gathered intelligence, including information obtained about Americans in violation of the Fourth Amendment's protection against unreasonable searches." The president turned this bill on its head by stating that "Only the president, as commander in chief, can tell the military whether or not it can use any specific piece of intelligence."

Probably the most controversial example is the bill signed on December 30, 2005 outlawing the use of torture against prisoners. President Bush flatly defied Congress and the Constitution by claiming the power to waive this provision "if he decides that harsh interrogation techniques will assist in preventing terrorist attacks."

The Constitution grants the power to legislate exclusively to the Congress. When a president reshapes a bill by declaring that he will obey only selected parts of it, he is treading on Congress's power to legislate. Many bills are the results of compromise among competing factions in Congress. If a president can in effect veto provisions of the bill, no compromise is safe. Eventually congressmen will stop negotiating, in the knowledge that no matter what deal they make the president will do whatever he wants.

Obama does the same etc....

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Nuff said................

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

AGAIN
fashism is,

xploder

Second Line:
rt.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Going to have to do better than RT seriouisly Russian "news" site

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hey love the personal attack pretty Fascist to silence any thought you disagree with.

who knew you could force someone to shut up over the internet? people are pretty weak who get silenced by being called names.
calling it "fascism" is the height of absurdity, please join us back in reality where we are an INTERNET FORUM for gods' sake.

maybe also be less melodramatic?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

even though i did vote for obama i've come to conclude that he is no different than any other bought and payed for politician.
he isn't leftist like people claim he is right of center, supporting the corporation dominated fascist government that 9/11 spawned.
it makes me sad since he claimed so much and failed to uphold it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Fascism claims to represent a synthesis of cohesive ideas previously divided between traditional political ideologies.[9] To achieve its goals, the fascist state purges forces, ideas, people, and systems deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration.[1

How about reading the op before commenting.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by demongoat

Fascism claims to represent a synthesis of cohesive ideas previously divided between traditional political ideologies.[9] To achieve its goals, the fascist state purges forces, ideas, people, and systems deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration.[1

How about reading the op before commenting.

how about you explain how calling you a name is "fascism" instead of what it really is, you boohooing over being called a name?
calling you names is not silencing you, unless you are so thin skinned that being called names shuts you up so easily.
i read the OP, why you think i need to read it again when it is a bunch of absurd stretched fabrications is beyond me.

edit on 22-4-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Obama's a dictator now

If Obama were a dictator, why didn't he impose universal healthcare like he wanted to?

What is even funnier is that conservatives being so pro corporate are the ones who are
putting collectives in front of the interests of individuals. That is the hypocracy in that...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
*yawn*

blah blah blah, commie, fascist - throw it all out there, because TPTB are behind all of it - making sure they get everyone from both sides.....Bush this, Obama that - oh look, Romney - same crap, different pile. Nothing is going to "change" with the next election. Romney is the same as Obama, so if that is all we have to chose from - then accelerate your prepping.

You're correct. And we continue to fall for it time and time again! It's all just a diversion, keeping our attention on hating each other instead of really looking at the real issues. It divides us. And well you know what they say about a divided people...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wouldn't Israel be considered fascist by the definitions in the op? IF not why?

After reading more, maybe not all the traits but definitely some of them.

edit on 22-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So, can someone point out the differences here?

Because to me, it just looks like the same crap repeated...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Suggesting someone to continue their education on topics is not fascist. God forbid someone gives others advice.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

It looks like a photo captured in mid wave.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Seriously, this is one of the most ridiculously uninformed/misinformed/deliberately misleading OPs I've ever seen on ATS; not an easy accomplishment.

i second that, this is the most vile hate filled attack i have seen for a while,
the OP has the right to say what ever he wants,
but to start to compair occupy to hitler is offensive,

this is a hit piece thread and many have called out the OP for blatent ignorence,

the OP is convienently omitting FACTS to push a logical fallocy.
he is inciting hatred for peaceful groups and trying to call them violent.

OP you should be ashamed

xploder

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks for providing my points I have yet to see a liberal who don't think they arent the "master race".

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mutatismutandis

It looks like a photo captured in mid wave.

Lol, was the first I found... just providing something to point out.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join