It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Stop calling me religious
edit on 21-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

Mommy must have told you to "suck it up"...

Glad you have at least tried to counter my earlier information. I watched your video and although it takes some liberties in it (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt)....I started adding up the claims in it.. only to find out at the end it does it for me..according to your video " Atheists have killed 105 million".

So now that that has been established, I can easily say that organized religion has killed more than Atheists hands down by a ratio of approximately 8:1 (your 105 million to my earlier 809 million).

Thanks for proving my earlier point

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

All that needs to be said.

"Where is your god now?"
edit on CSaturdaypm333307f07America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Everywhere, that is what A jew said in a holocaust camp answering the same question

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Okay, now since i am on a new page i can say this. Religion doesn't kill millions, POLITICS kill millions and those who have influencial powers as such, as the 12th century pope in florance killing during the crusade. It is not religion, or the doctrine, or yack yack yack. it is politics, political powers and the such. all those who have killed in the name of God had political power. king david, jews, hitler, rothschild, darfur, etc etc, it is poltics. also socio economics or lack of too, which rises into a political debate., Power is evil, power and control is really the tyrant, political power

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Okay, now since i am on a new page i can say this. Religion doesn't kill millions, POLITICS kill millions and those who have influencial powers as such, as the 12th century pope in florance killing during the crusade. It is not religion, or the doctrine, or yack yack yack. it is politics, political powers and the such. all those who have killed in the name of God had political power. king david, jews, hitler, rothschild, darfur, etc etc, it is poltics

So what about the Islamic Jihadists?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Okay, now since i am on a new page i can say this. Religion doesn't kill millions, POLITICS kill millions and those who have influencial powers as such, as the 12th century pope in florance killing during the crusade. It is not religion, or the doctrine, or yack yack yack. it is politics, political powers and the such. all those who have killed in the name of God had political power. king david, jews, hitler, rothschild, darfur, etc etc, it is poltics

all political, you know that,

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Religion has been used for political purpose, yes...but every single Christian does what they do for one of two things:

One, they are doing it for a man who has been dead a thousand years, not just for the sake of being good.

Two, because they believe they get something out of it...namely, a ticket to heaven.

I have no respect for any religion that teaches the path of light for anything other than the benefit of their world. Christianity is slowly rising from the murk...let's see how the other religions do.
edit on CSaturdaypm535313f13America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There is nothing political about a guy who straps a bomb to himself to kill "infidels" as permitted in Islamic law.

They are allowed to kill anyone who opposes Islam, innocents included, and believe they will be rewarded for it.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

All that needs to be said.

"Where is your god now?"
edit on CSaturdaypm333307f07America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Everywhere, that is what A jew said in a holocaust camp answering the same question

Apparently, not where there has been murder, famine, plague, poverty, greed, deception...oh wait, that's the entire world.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Okay, now since i am on a new page i can say this. Religion doesn't kill millions, POLITICS kill millions and those who have influencial powers as such, as the 12th century pope in florance killing during the crusade. It is not religion, or the doctrine, or yack yack yack. it is politics, political powers and the such. all those who have killed in the name of God had political power. king david, jews, hitler, rothschild, darfur, etc etc, it is poltics. also socio economics or lack of too, which rises into a political debate., Power is evil, power and control is really the tyrant, political power

OK so lets get rid of religion so the politicians have no excuse to kill over....CASE CLOSED!!!

link   

Religion has been used for political purpose, yes...but every single Christian does what they do for one of two things:

One, they are doing it for a man who has been dead a thousand years, not just for the sake of being good.

Two, because they believe they get something out of it...namely, a ticket to heaven.

I have no respect for any religion that teaches the path of light for anything other than the benefit of their world. Christianity is slowly rising from the murk...let's see how the other religions do.
edit on CSaturdaypm535313f13America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Your trying to derail the political implications of what i am saying, and trying to change it back to blaming christians. obviously not the 3 abramhamic religions or jews, but ur trying to blame christians. You have an obvious agenda against christainity, so be it, i could care less. but dont derail me because political power is the real issue. or at least "was" but really still is an issue, M.E. war and such

link   

There is nothing political about a guy who straps a bomb to himself to kill "infidels" as permitted in Islamic law.

They are allowed to kill anyone who opposes Islam, innocents included, and believe they will be rewarded for it.

There is more than one side to Islamics. Do not judge them all by just a handful of men.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

OK so lets get rid of religion so the politicians have no excuse to kill over....CASE CLOSED!!!

You dont make any sense. Democracy and the such created a wider broad of information, eventully leaving church and state seperate, giving birth to science and technology. Funny thing is the suppression of techna from the people, (what vatican did) made them grow even more and be "rebellous creating more into science.

Greatest scientist is none other than relgious man Galileo . Church suppression of technology made it flourish

link   

Your trying to derail the political implications of what i am saying, and trying to change it back to blaming christians. obviously not the 3 abramhamic religions or jews, but ur trying to blame christians. You have an obvious agenda against christainity, so be it, i could care less. but dont derail me because political power is the real issue. or at least "was" but really still is an issue, M.E. war and such

I have an agenda against doing the right thing because you think you'll be rewarded. I promote doing the right thing because in a thousand years, your descendants will walk in a peaceful world, not a world torn apart by war.

And if you keep waiting for your "Messiah" to drift from the sky on gilded wings, that's all your great-great-great-grandchildren will have to look forward to.

My other issue is that you pretend to know God at all. None of us have any specific idea what God is, where God is from, or what God's plans are. You don't know. Learn to live with it, and stop pretending otherwise.

link   

There is more than one side to Islamics. Do not judge them all by just a handful of men.

I am not. I am asking what about them.
They are not included under the "politics" that is trying to be claimed.

Religion is their excuse to murder.
edit on 4-21-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yes pity the islamic, but judge the christian, two face

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Yes pity the islamic, but judge the christian, two face

Is there a reason to not like the Muslims?

They can be pretty nice people, actually. They just don't lord it about the way you do.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

How do I not make any sense? You said religion didn't kill all those people that politics did. I'm saying the only way politicians can wield that kind of power is pulling on people's religious heart strings. SOOO I am saying that if we get rid of religion then the politicians will have one less reason to kill people. Now going off your logic all these religious wars were from politicians but it doesn't change the fact they used RELIGION to justify the killings. GET IT NOW???

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Religion is their excuse to murder.

Religion is our excuse to hide our heads in the sand and pray for someone to pull our *** out of the flames.

It's the preachers over there who are to blame, not the followers. Mankind is notorious for following whomever promises the most hope at the right moment.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I have an agenda against doing the right thing because you think you'll be rewarded. I promote doing the right thing because in a thousand years, your descendants will walk in a peaceful world, not a world torn apart by war.

And if you keep waiting for your "Messiah" to drift from the sky on gilded wings, that's all your great-great-great-grandchildren will have to look forward to.

My other issue is that you pretend to know God at all. None of us have any specific idea what God is, where God is from, or what God's plans are. You don't know. Learn to live with it, and stop pretending otherwise.

I think i'll be rewarded? what does that have to do with this thread? who cares about that? sounds agendaish.
my descendants will walk in a peaceful world? have you transcended humanity? no? christ did more than you will ever, even buddah did more than you will ever

I do know God, sadly you dont. I know it's (his/her) plans. and on top of that, stop trying to show my weakness out, you are hitting to what I believe instead of the topic. you are just trolling and its not working budDy. u mad bro?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

How do I not make any sense? You said religion didn't kill all those people that politics did. I'm saying the only way politicians can wield that kind of power is pulling on people's religious heart strings. SOOO I am saying that if we get rid of religion then the politicians will have one less reason to kill people. Now going off your logic all these religious wars were from politicians but it doesn't change the fact they used RELIGION to justify the killings. GET IT NOW???

Who's to blame, the person who was social low income, told to fight for the preservation of their state and religion who killed the infidal? Or the one who commanded it, pope, church etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join