It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Alright Windword, I can't let you get away with grandstanding like that when it's my favorite thing to do on ATS.

Listen closely to how well the dialog and then the song can be related to atheism. I use this one all the time asd many of you know. I toss my hat in the ring with The Beatles.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hmmmm .....

I sense a trend.

If anyone criticizes God or Christians they get called a bigoted hater.

If anyone criticizes atheists they get cheered on and get lots of stars.

Oh the hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Another poignant cartoon movie with a point from about the same era.

What's the Point?

Why?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by paradox

no I was using it to express something... I've never read it either and my friend, your brand flavor is very weak!

Next...

You suddenly seem a bit more rational, so let me explain my previous post in the light of the word weak.
It just seems to me that someone with Christ in thier heart. Would at least have enough to say to make an OP that isn't at odds with the guidelines of ATS.( Two paragraphs )

You should have had a hell of a lot more text in your OP. The shortness of your opener isn't at all typical of someone who is excited by the truth that awakens a person to become a diciple.
You've been here long enough to know better.
edit on 23-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

it has been moved to the rant section... this was a response to a topic which was posted in the theistic section on ATS. I posted it in a "conspiracy" section first and on purpose to prove a point of how atheist present themselves to me and in the sections I like to frequent.

I have never read of a more stronger willed individual as Jesus imo... I do not fit in on the christian sites yet, and some possibly may not understand that? I am amongst the ATSers specifically in the theistic section (which are below top secret and do not have the word "conspiracy" leading the titling or following it)

I can be quite rational when everyone is showing a little respect instead of dominance...

the Mods may close this rant at any time, I have been warned and I am out...

peace

----------------

mind you that topic in which I refer to was instantly removed when I put my boots on to stomp a troll... one is not to use the Word for any purpose but for bringing others into the light... it is possibly one of the worst kind of acts?

Revelation 22:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

edit on 23-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Well I for one see your point but, have always found the mods on this site only, to be quite righteous in their judgements. So don't get yourself banned partner. No one wants to see that for you. Not so sure about myself as I have been very proficient at making some enemies here.

But for those who possess the slightest sense of humor ? They usually warm up to me at some point. Lil advice that helped me.

Never press a key in anger and keep humor as a constant standby.

Peace be with you my fellow member.

post script

This

I have never read of a more stronger willed individual as Jesus imo

is who you focus on. Only he could have accomplished the things that no other man could have.
edit on 23-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
In This Thread:-

Customarily insane Christian attempts to start fight with Atheists. Said Christian then succeeds in pulling several Atheists and a large amount of associated fecal matter down upon his head. Epic, multi-page lulz and other merriment predictably ensue.

Given that the mods moved this out of the religion forum, I have to wonder why it was moved to Rant, and not the Trash Bin. I guess maybe sometimes even they enjoy watching Christians debasing themselves.

Sisyphus, you're completely out of your tree; but you've given the rest of us that much laughter, that I'm sure you will be forgiven.

edit on 24-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by DaRAGE

what exactly is an atheist? is it something you self proclaim oneself as because all laws in the western world (Christendom) are based on Gods laws?

atheist may like living in a barbaric Islamic nation possibly?

I take it you don't know about the standard definition of the word Atheist?

dictionary.reference.com...

Atheist, agnostic, infidel, skeptic refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. Infidel means an unbeliever, especially a nonbeliever in Islam or Christianity. A skeptic doubts and is critical of all accepted doctrines and creeds.

Duh! And i didn't proclaim myself to be an Atheist, my SISTER is an Atheist (self proclaimed??? of course! Duh!)

And my sister would not like to live in an Islamic country... because SHE's AN ATHEIST!

Seriously Wtf. You stir the pot on purpose. Obviously you are religious.
edit on 24-4-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Being an Atheist, let me ask you a simple question. How many people have died on this planet in the name of "GOD". Now , how many have died in the name of atheism ? I hope i made my point.. because you have not. Enough said, you started this thread to get contradictory replies. Now who's the one shaking the boat & upsetting the vibe? Just let folks alone, let them be what ever the hell it is they want to be. Bible Thumper Or Bible Burner, we all live on the same rock, give each other some room.

Old arguement, same result. Religous folks must suspend their reality in order to to make the things the bible says seem correct. Where as atheist's do not, we simple use it to prop open the screen door of the work shop.
edit on 24-4-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I only agree with the basic straight forward definition... I like my coffee without creamer and multiple flavorings.

is the denial of the existence of God

www.conservapedia.com...

...as defined by the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and other philosophy reference works.

thank you for your input...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

an Agnostic is not one who denies, they are an individual who waits for proof...

btw:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Not really.

See, both atheists and theists like to pretend that for the 5 decades they've been on earth (at most), they've figured out the greatest question in life. They have the answer to it.

...as compared to the hundreds of years Homo Sapiens has existed, during which no self-respecting scientist or researcher has claimed to KNOW FOR A FACT that God exists or doesn't exist.

As compared to the thousands of years Earth has been around.

So you see, we've been here for about a blink in the time span of everything, and we assume we know anything? That's laughable. Honestly, agnostics are the smartest ones out there. At least they have the wits to admit they have no clear answers or definite conclusions. And they accept that. Furthermore, they realize that their life is exactly what they make of it.

So if there is any religion we should follow, it's the faith of realizing we don't KNOW anything, and that our beliefs, more than truth itself, dictate the course of our lives. We choose our fates.

Consider THAT as a logical response to this thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

playing a little fast and loose with the calendar aren't you?

that was fun

now - how many decades has Christianity been around? I always forget

:-)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Earth formed approximately 4.54 billion years ago by accretion from the solar nebula, and life appeared on its surface within one billion years.

Alright. So we have a starting point...and remember, Earth most likely did not form instantaneously after the legendary Big Bang.

Humans (known taxonomically as Homo sapiens,[3][4] Latin for "wise man" or "knowing man")[5] are the only living species in the Homo genus. Anatomically modern humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, reaching full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago.[6]

Okay. So we, as Homo Sapiens, reasoning man, fully matured, have been around for about...1/100 of Earth's current existence. Great.

Christianity began as a Jewish sect in the mid-1st century.

And Christianity began less than 2,000 years ago. During a time, I might add, that we believed the earth was flat and the sun revolved around us. Okay.

The term atheism originated from the Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god", used as a pejorative term applied to those thought to reject the gods worshipped by the larger society. With the spread of freethought, skeptical inquiry, and subsequent increase in criticism of religion, application of the term narrowed in scope. The first individuals to identify themselves using the word "atheist" lived in the 18th century.[9]

And atheism didn't start until...200 years or so ago. By the way, I pulled all of these quotes from Wikipedia...feel free to double check my work. I know it's quoted out of context, but I pasted the relevant data.

So what we have here is a religion that has existed for approximately 2,000 years...as compared to the existence of Homo Sapiens, which has existed for approximately 50,000...as compared to Earth, which has been around (according to the most fervent and zealous studies conducted by the top paid researchers in the world) for over 4 billion years.

So compared to 4 billion years, we expect to know everything about where everything came from in 2,000 years, and any questions we can't answer, we just respond to with, "Oh, we don't need to. God has it covered."

Same with atheists. They just started popping up, apparently...especially considering God's love for us includes earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, rape, homicide, plague, famine, and duplicity rampant across the globe. Can't really say I blame them.

My point here is, the numbers are stacked against the odds of us knowing the first thing about where we really came from. Let's just admit we don't know, and go on living our lives...after all, if it takes a wise spirit from nowhere to convince you to be nice to your neighbor, you're really a sad, pathetic little person. That's the message I got out of watching Christmas Carol, anyway.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You are trying to claim that everyone believed in a god up until 200 years ago?

What?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

An agnostic is someone who believes you can not ever know for sure.

An atheist is someone who denies the claim based on the lack of evidence, and would change their position if proven wrong. However, that is never the case, as there is no proof, and never has been. Hence the denial in the existence of a deity.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

You are trying to claim that everyone believed in a god up until 200 years ago?

What?

Did you even bother reading the post?

Try reading it again. This time, use your glasses.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

An atheist is someone who denies the claim based on the lack of evidence, and would change their position if proven wrong. However, that is never the case, as there is no proof, and never has been. Hence the denial in the existence of a deity.

Ignorance. There is proof...just not concrete proof. It's what I call "circumstantial proof".

Admittedly, circumstantial is a little less than people are hoping for these days...especially considering the "circumstantial evidence" of everything going to crap.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Ignorance. There is proof...just not concrete proof. It's what I call "circumstantial proof".

Admittedly, circumstantial is a little less than people are hoping for these days...especially considering the "circumstantial evidence" of everything going to crap.

ignorance? LOL

Please show me the proof, I will be waiting.

If there was proof, you would not need "faith."
proof IS "concrete."
edit on 4-24-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join