Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Sorry- Hitler was a christian.

edit on 21-4-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

Sorry- Hitler was a christian.

Christians are created to protect jews, its written in the book, yack yack yack

blah blah blah, so he went against this against the code of love thy neighbor...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

anyone ever realize that theists are judgmental individuals? in meaning they love to pretend being attacked whenever anything is said against their belief system (which is usually based on logic and understanding of life.)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Well, seeing how I was speaking directly about atheists...yes. If I had decided to bring up religious intolerance, then I would have said the same thing about them. Are you so dense that you couldn't see that?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

anyone ever realize that theists are judgmental individuals? in meaning they love to pretend being attacked whenever anything is said against their belief system (which is usually based on logic and understanding of life.)

i dont see anything against 4 armed mult deities. thread or in essance that enlightenment is a bunch of bull i think it is from the eye of the beholder and yes religion has created more hate than nought, dividing people and such, this is what majority of religious should know and stay away

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Hitler was a religious man.

but i wouldnt expect you to know something that ruins your little religious fantasy bubble.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I thought we were supposed to stop squabbling about this kinda crap on ATS??? How is there any sort of intelligent discourse going on here???

This isn't the first time a theist has made the claim that atheists are immoral people, and this probably won't be the last. It probably also won't be the first time that someone points out that most atrocities commited are "in the name of god", or "willed by god". I mean seriously, have you people forgotten about the crusades??? How about the holocaust??? Or September 11th (yeah that was because allah told them too)???

After the whole Trayvon thing got out of hand, one of the ATS SITE OWNERS posted about how we here, on this site, are supposed to actually try to further intellectual conversation, not keep repeating the same old crap.

So I implore... MODS, PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by MzMorbid

Doesn't matter what year it is. You associate yourselves with them by taking on their thinking/belief/name...

Lol yeah it does, were not in medieval times. so that basicly means your a atheist and all atheist who have killed should be associated with you? pure logic. So you pretty much woreship the ideas of hitler, so you killed about 1.5(idk the numbers) million jews, you bastard lol

Interesting because it appears that organized religion has directly killed approximately 809 million.

This site:

users.erols.com...

gives brief dscriptions of deaths caused by all major conflicts of the
20th century, and includes a category of religious conflicts in both
the 20th century and earlier:

Religious Conflicts (selected)
Generally speaking, in most of the following cases, religion is both
the stated cause of the killing and the only substantive difference
between the two opposing groups. Obviously, there would be many
additional conflicts where religion is just one of several divisions.
Albigensian Crusade, 1208-49
Algeria, 1992-
Baha'is, 1848-54
Bosnia, 1992-95
Boxer Rebellion, 1899-1901
Christian Romans, 30-313 CE
Croatia, 1991-92
Early Christian doctrinal disputes
English Civil War, 1642-46
Holocaust, 1938-45
Huguenot Wars, 1562-1598
India, 1992-2002
India: Suttee & Thugs
Indo-Pakistani Partition, 1947
Iran, Islamic Republic, 1979-
Iraq, Shiites, 1991-92
Jews, 1348
Jonestown, 1978
Lebanon
1975-92
Martyrs, generally
Molucca Is., 1999-
Mongolia, 1937-39
Northern Ireland, 1974-98
Responsibility generally (Is religion responsible for more deaths than ...?)
Christian culpabiltiy
Russian pogroms:
1905-06
1917-22
St. Bartholemew Massacre, 1572
Shang China, ca. 1300-1050 BCE
Shimabara Revolt, Japan 1637-38
Sikh uprising, India, 1984-91
Spanish Inquisition, 1478-1834
Taiping Rebellion, 1850-64
Thirty Years War, 1618-48
Tudor England
Vietnam, 1800s
Witch Hunts, 1400-1800
Xhosa, 1857
In addition, here are a few noteworthy conflicts where dissimilar
ethnic groups fought for primarily religious reasons:
Arab Outbreak, 7th Century CE
Arab-Israeli Wars, 1948-
Al Qaeda, 1993-
Crusades, 1095-1291
Dutch Revolt, 1566-1609
Nigeria, 1990s, 2000s

Someone needs to redo their math

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

but i wouldnt expect you to know something that ruins your little religious fantasy bubble.

its like i am talking to a wall, . Hitler was not a religious man, because he killed a bunch of people.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I believe Stephen King to be a satirical observer of the deepest, most innate flaws of mankind.

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?

One of the truest, saddest things I have ever read. And this thread proves it.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quibbler
I was on a page earlier (on my phone so I don't have the link any longer) and it was Kid Cudis response to the kid who died from a heart condition, but before he died he made a YouTube video telling of his NDE. The top comment on the page was some atheist with an "I'm smarter than you" complex going on about how what the kid saw was nothing but serotonin and blah blah blah that it was nothing but a dream. It was just really rude and condescending.

What makes that person an atheist?
Many theists believe that you are dead until jesus returns and judgement day happens..they are the ones suggesting a NDE is oxygen starved brain, etc.

I think your confusing a skeptic with an atheist. Yes, many atheists are also skeptics about many other things, but believing or not believing in spirits, nde's, etc..has absolutely nothing to do with atheism. Atheism is simply not believing in a deity. It has nothing to do with belief in ghosts, aliens, elves, bigfoot, lochness monster, etc etc etc.

link   

Originally posted by Quibbler
reply to post by GuidedKill

Well, seeing how I was speaking directly about atheists...yes. If I had decided to bring up religious intolerance, then I would have said the same thing about them. Are you so dense that you couldn't see that?

Well seeing how you are posting in a thread which questions Atheist compared most religious people one would assume that's what would be discussed. Obviously I'm not so dense that I didn't read the OP. Sorry you missed it.

link   

Do you think anyone died in the religious war demended by god

or was that all supposed to be taken metaphoricly?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

its like i am talking to a wall, . Hitler was not a religious man, because he killed a bunch of people.

God killed a bunch of people.
Many people kill people.
Crusades, Abortion doctor murderers, etc...religious people are constantly following their deity's footstep of soaking the ground with blood of the infidels.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You are the wall...How can you not admit that religion has killed hundred of millions of people. Does that mean everyone who fought in the crusades is not religious because they killed a bunch of people? If that's what your trying to say then religion is not religious. RELIGION KILLS MILLIONS!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Another troll thread with no substance.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Majority of the time as far as the theist atheist battle is, (does God exist) or (creationism vs evolutiun). I myself believe in creationism and evolution, meaning i believe int he scientific fact of evolution, but i believe that adam and eve were the first humans (that meaning humans under the pretext that God accepted us as human, not the LITERAL first human) on earth. So basicly it accept that a little peice of magic happened on earth, yet opening the idea that other civilizations exist outside of paradise.

So i bring in forth a idea like this and cover both terrains IMO and atheist still find a way to argue, but theist argue too. trust me, c

Incidentally, that invalidates the original sin.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

ahh there you are SFX!

let he who has not sinned cast the first stone...

I have died by the sword, I shall live by it

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This are quotes from Hitlers Mein Kampf...

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Sounds pretty Religious to me..

LINK
edit on 21-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by SaturnFX

ahh there you are SFX!

let he who has not sinned cast the first stone...

I have died by the sword, I shall live by it

Think you got the last bit reversed...unless your a zombie that is.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

ATS Live Radio Presents - Bushcraft On Fire Radio ***On The AIR !!! ***
read more: Bushcraft On Fire Radio : 04/17/2014: Basic Packs, More on Police Encounters and PLANTS!!!!