It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

is it a conspiracy here on ATS or is it just me...

maybe I could have put this in the rant section... then again atheist love to invade our turf and attack my brethren and sisters.

signed ...the mighty messenger!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Majority of the time as far as the theist atheist battle is, (does God exist) or (creationism vs evolutiun). I myself believe in creationism and evolution, meaning i believe int he scientific fact of evolution, but i believe that adam and eve were the first humans (that meaning humans under the pretext that God accepted us as human, not the LITERAL first human) on earth. So basicly it accept that a little peice of magic happened on earth, yet opening the idea that other civilizations exist outside of paradise.

So i bring in forth a idea like this and cover both terrains IMO and atheist still find a way to argue, but theist argue too. trust me, c

+47 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

That's rich... The pot calling the kettle black! Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I only speak when I feel that I'm being provoked by some theist, namely the Christians. I think it's a very even battle though to be honest. Theists say "Believe in God" while Atheists say "GIVE ME PROOF, DUMMY".

Here's me pushing my beliefs on everyone: Everyone should realize that whether or not there is a God is not what matters, but how you treat each other every day. We are the future, whether there's a God or not.

+39 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
IMO it seems what you call "attacks" come more from people who follow religion. I have never had an atheist leave pamphlets on my door or come by at 8 AM Saturday morning pushing their agenda. I have never had an Atheist come up to me on the street handing out propaganda. I have never had an Atheist offer free rides home to college students out drinking only to get them trapped in a van with 8 missionaries pushing their agenda.

Now I have seen just about every major religion involved in the tactics mentioned above. Show me once where an Atheist has done what I mentioned. Even one example would surprise me to be honest and even then it is no where on the level major religions push their agenda.

+42 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's funny how a religious group that spent hundreds and hundreds of years torturing, maiming, killing, not just individuals, but entire civilizations (mesoamerica anyone?), complains of atheists "attacking" them (with words).....oh my. You poor, poor, dears.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

well said...

I just believe the self proclaimed atheist should pay a little closer attention to the section titles, by acknowledging theism and using theism in their subversive ways they are in fact stating their is a God.

why even go that route?

It's like Richard Dawkins losing his wife and his kid being put in a Catholic school which gave rise to his vendetta... which happened well before he became the self proclaimed professor of 'truth' to the public. (his own truth that is)

he does not compute any other way imo...

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's funny...I don't see many Atheists committing this kind of thing in the name of their beliefs:

Atrocities Committed in the Name of Religion

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

What they did was God's will....It doesn't count!! God Willed It!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
its 2012, not 1220. lol

anyways,,, i find a lot of people only attack Christians, jews and muslims. nothing really outside of that realm. And the 3 Abraham religions have studied scholars and have always been associated with Greek philosophy as well. Whcih means their pretty smart, from a philosophical way point.

still i dont see hate on other religions. Just misinformed people who do not understand that everyone thinks different (talking to both theist and atheist here)
edit on 21-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

my pot is made of stainless steel...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

only in your own delusional/hypocritical mind

link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

is it a conspiracy here on ATS or is it just me...

maybe I could have put this in the rant section... then again atheist love to invade our turf and attack my brethren and sisters.

signed ...the mighty messenger!

Actually, I don't attack every theistic religion. I only challenge Judaic systems.

I myself believe in a god. Just not yours. It's like this line says (and you can't deny that it is accurate, given your god's track record)

"I believe in god, I just don't believe he's the bloodthirsty ***hole you make him out to be."

edit on CSaturdaypm141405f05America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   
Do you have an example of this mistreatment??

To say that atheists don't value life and are bad is disingenuous. Atheists probably value life far more than most theists simply because they know this is it - not just a practice run for something better.
edit on 21-4-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

my pot is made of stainless steel...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Yeah, atheists never go door to door preaching their disbelief. But where you see them crop up is usually on any religious topic ever just to spout how much they don't believe and how wrong every theist is.

I was on a page earlier (on my phone so I don't have the link any longer) and it was Kid Cudis response to the kid who died from a heart condition, but before he died he made a YouTube video telling of his NDE. The top comment on the page was some atheist with an "I'm smarter than you" complex going on about how what the kid saw was nothing but serotonin and blah blah blah that it was nothing but a dream. It was just really rude and condescending.

The majority of times I see an atheist talk it's never from a stance of understanding or sympathy, it's always a firm stance that there's no other option. Now I know this isn't true for all atheists of course, it's just that's why people tend to have such a negative opinion of them. The stereotypical atheist is a butthole.

I'm not going to get into the hypocrisy and "believe or hell" attitudes of many theists.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Doesn't matter what year it is. You associate yourselves with them by taking on their thinking/belief/name...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

im not an atheist, but i can see where they're coming from.
i think its time we say enough with the ignorance and the prejudice.
even though religion talks about harmony, its anything but.
its followers are some of the most hateful and arrogant that I and many others have encountered.

Most atheists (that i've met) are somewhat rude/mean, but theyre good people with good intentions and that is to free society from the blinding shackles of religion.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

Doesn't matter what year it is. You associate yourselves with them by taking on their thinking/belief/name...

Lol yeah it does, were not in medieval times. so that basicly means your a atheist and all atheist who have killed should be associated with you? pure logic. So you pretty much woreship the ideas of hitler, so you killed about 1.5(idk the numbers) million jews, you bastard lol

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quibbler
reply to post by GuidedKill

The majority of times I see an atheist talk it's never from a stance of understanding or sympathy, it's always a firm stance that there's no other option. Now I know this isn't true for all atheists of course, it's just that's why people tend to have such a negative opinion of them. The stereotypical atheist is a butthole.

HAHAHA I am literally dying laughing at you not with you....You think Atheists have the my way or highway attitude? Maybe you should take a look at religion.

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Basically believe in me or die......doesn't sound like much of an option or sympathetic view of others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join