It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents of State Street Condo Told To Leave Chicago During NATO Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Residents of State Street Condo Told To Leave Chicago During NATO Summit
Updated: Saturday, 21 Apr 2012, 9:38 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 20 Apr 2012, 8:37 PM CDT
FOX Chicago News

Residents of a Chicago Condo near downtown got letters from the Condo Association the other day.

The Condo is near the site of the upcoming NATO summit scheduled for May 18 - May 21.

The City has granted a "protest" route permit that goes right by the condo location !!

It is being Strongly recommended that they try to live somewhere else during that time !!!

Chicago - Residents of a Chicago condo whose building will be in the eye of the NATO storm are being warned that they should move out for the weekend ... or risk being trapped inside by rioters.

FOX Chicago News was first to report Friday that the people living in the 17-floor Library Tower building at 520 South State Street were warned in a letter from condo management that "we are STRONGLY recommending that all residents find places to stay during the conference from May 18 through May 21."

READ THE LETTER>>>

NATO summits often attract crowds of thousands of protesters. Currently, a march is planned on Sunday, May 20, from the Petrillo Band Shell in Grant Park past Library Tower on State Street to McCormick Place.

The condo is hiring two off-duty police officers to provide security; those cops will be armed.

Lots of restrictions in place..... read the letter ^^

With Rahm Emanuel as Mayor, I suppose there's no such thing as over reaction !!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Maybe old Rahm Emanuel knows "something" no one else does........

'You never let a serious crisis go to waste"...........

S&F

edit on 21-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

"Told To Leave" & "Strongly Recommended" are 2 different things.

Don't agree with either since it's NATO at the root of the situation and they have no right to "Tell" or "Recommend" to anyone to leave their homes.

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am sure everything is fine. It is all about safety. Cannot risk innocent, uninvolved residents getting caught in the fray when the teargassing and lrad are in action.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i remember when the protests against the upcoming war in Iraq came through the city.

a sea of people miles long came down Clark street one morning and on another day the protesters stopped traffic on '___'.

Chicago is not a small town and I'm sure the management of those condo's are only concerned for the comfort of the owners.

being that this summit is getting so much press, Chicago is going to be a live wire that weekend.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That's interesting, I wonder if other buildings along the protest route have recieved similiar warnings?

I would stay and join the protest myself.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

most likely they'll just film the protesters as they come past and then upload it to youtube.

the specific area is a college community.

Roosevelt, Columbia, Robert Morris and Depaul are all on or near that strip.

Robert Morris is a business school but the others are liberal arts with many future hippies as students, so you'll know they'll be marching.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
All this does is put into light, that the tax paying citizens of Chicago have no faith in it's city's current administration.
SnF

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Chicago is a good place for a big protest...young people don't realize Chicago has a great deal of experience with political and social activism. Google the 1968 Democratic National Convention or Haymarket Square labor riots.

The CPD will get butt naked with a protester.

I'm actually looking forward to the NATO summit; usually, I wouldn't even pay attention...but this year I think I'll plan a field trip with the kids.

My goal will be to get some good footage and create a video set to the Glen Miller Orchestra.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by xuenchen

"Told To Leave" & "Strongly Recommended" are 2 different things.

Don't agree with either since it's NATO at the root of the situation and they have no right to "Tell" or "Recommend" to anyone to leave their homes.

Peace

Strange too that Fox has "changed" their headline for the "national" story.

Chicago condo residents warned to leave during NATO summit

The local headline actually said "told to leave Chicago" !!

But that's "Chicago" style sensationalism !

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
But that's "Chicago" style sensationalism !

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Ya gotta love it !

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If I lived there I would be staying too. You can't miss out on a good show like that.

The thing is, the PTB obviously want to put on a show of how they handle public dissent, they want to show off how you'll be treated if you dare to speak out against them. Otherwise, they'd have these little shows somewhere a little more out of the way, at one of the many thousands of other high-security military sites around America.

They choose to do this in downtown Chicago to have the opportunity to beat the crap out of people and show the rest of society what they'll get if they even dare to try to organize a protest.

This is designed to frighten and bully people into submission. I really hope they see the angriest protest they have ever seen at this one.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So, no one seemed to notice that the letter was:

A.) not a legal order or demand, but a recommendation
B.) not from NATO or the mayor or any government organisation, but from the property manager.
C.) made for the convenience of the residents because security will be heightened in the area and all that that implies.

Seriously, the property manager of the building manager makes similar demands...just the other day I was "forced" to move my car because they were doing the spring cleanup of the front parking lot....such an oppressive regime they run here.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

That's interesting, I wonder if other buildings along the protest route have recieved similiar warnings?

All of them have been informed of the situation; it is up to the building management to inform the residents.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sometimes you got to read between the lines.... Like put--options/stocks going out the roof on airline stock weeks before they detonated 3 WTC buildings on 911....

Some people....lots from Jewish decent were told not to go to work that day....perfect example w/ facts!

new topics

top topics

join