It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Hamas official: No Israel-PA deal will be permanent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Senior Hamas official: No Israel-PA deal will be permanent

www.haaretz.com

Any agreement the Palestinian Authority might reach with Israel would be subject to significant changes, a senior Hamas official has told the American newspaper The Forward.
Moussa Abu Marzouk said in an interview to be published Friday that if Hamas came to power, any treaty would be an interim truce, a hudna, not a permanent accord. This would be the case even if a referendum ratified the deal.
Marzouk's statements reflect a harder line than the stance of the group's political leader, Khaled
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So, let me ask the Israel haters here. Why should Israel ever negotiate again? If you knew that your enemy would only use the time to build up against you, why give up your current advantages? Another war is inevitable with an attitude like this. What would you do if you were Israel? Knowing that there will never be peace, wouldn't it be smarter to wage all out war with no quarter now?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So, let me ask the Israel haters here. Why should Israel ever negotiate again?

Bla, bla, bla, when you criticize Israel it's hate or Antisemitism.

I know the solution to that problem:

Include Hamas in the peace talks, instead of ignoring them.
edit on 21-4-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would not negotiate with them over the price of lunch. That is just me though. Negotiations are pointless, because the Palestinian leadership has yet to formally acknowledge Israel's existence or right to exist. How do they negotiate with a state that does not exist? On the other hand, there is no Palestinian state as well. Furthermore, how can Israel negotiate with group that is splintered with the PLA in charge of the West Bank and Hamas in charge of Gaza, and both group have such stark contrasts politically? Each side can pull the plug on any deal and at any time. There is no general consensus among their ruling authority. How can any formal agreement with certain parameters, obligations, and responsibilities be honored when the Palestinian leadership is like a bag full of rabid weasels?

To cut a long story short. Making deals right now would be a train wreck! In the meantime, I suppose the current strategy would suffice until the Palestinians get their house in order and oust the two-face, forked tongued, and power thirsty jackals in their leadership. It seems to me they are more content living as kings in their little enclaves as their people live in poverty and degradation? Just my opinion. Personally, I would not make a deal with them about how they would like their coffee. I am fairly certain the Palestinian leadership feels the same way about Israel?
edit on 21-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

because the Palestinian leadership has yet to formally acknowledge Israel's existence

Why not make it part of the peace talks?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Great points, I agree with you on most. Have you considered that the two power rule may be by design so that they never have to agree to anything the Israelis might propose?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

because the Palestinian leadership has yet to formally acknowledge Israel's existence

Why negotiate with a terrorist group dedicated to your destruction at all? If you were in a cannibal's pot, would you negotiate with him over how much of you he could eat knowing he would always want to come back for more?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

That would be a step in the right direction. However, it seems like a shot in the dark? As I see it, the Palestinians long for all of it instead of compromising and taking their fair share? Getting them to agree on recognizing Israel's existence would be akin to climbing Mount Everest with your bare hands, naked, and blind. I don't see that as very likely at the present time.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Your guess is as good as mine. They can't see eye to eye on anything. Very hard to negotiate with a group whom you don't even know who is in authority to discuss such matters. Is the two party rivalry by design? Maybe and maybe not? However, the current situation does not ode well to the Palestinians or the Israelis for that matter.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Peace talks without Hamas won't make sense and won't work. Everybody knows that.

Both sides should start peace talks without asking for anything up front.

@Darth Muerte

That attitude has brought us up to the situation we are in today.

It is always a question of who defines a terrorist.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

@Darth Muerte

That attitude has brought us up to the situation we are in today.

It is always a question of who defines a terrorist.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
Our forefathers were freedom fighters. They did not dress their sons on explosive vests and send them to die among civilians. The targeted killing of civilians instead of valid political/military targets makes you a terrorist instead of a freedom fighter in my book.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

You do realize that Hamas has recently had a split within it's own faction? They can't even negotiate peace among themselves or others living in Gaza, how will they be helpful in negotiating peace with Israel?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The Palestinian Authority has made it very clear that they will never recognize Israel as a state, but expects Israel to recognize them as a state. It's against the Islamic religion as a whole to accept Israel becoming a state, so it's not just the Palestinians who don't want Israel to be a state. It's the entire Middle East, or at least the Muslims living there.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The Palestinian Authority has made it very clear that they will never recognize Israel as a state, but expects Israel to recognize them as a state. It's against the Islamic religion as a whole to accept Israel becoming a state, so it's not just the Palestinians who don't want Israel to be a state. It's the entire Middle East, or at least the Muslims living there.

Islam doesn't recognize borders either so having a PA statehood would only serve to encroach on and further threaten Israel and thats the only reason the PA/Hamas wants a statehood. One thing is certain, this junk going on over there is brewing another war.

There is never going to be a "peaceful" solution between those 2. We should probably let this matter be handled like it was in the ancient times, let them fight it out and the last man standing gets the land. That or let their 2 armies pick their best hand to hand combat champions and the survivor's army wins the land and the losers get to be roomates with Jordan.

top topics

join