It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Africa.This monkey finally took the red pill.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hi There!

From Cape Town.. Glad to see some more SA folks on this board!

About "Die Andwoord".... holy smokes- that chick is freaky as hell... I must say, some of the actual beats are cool for a fun party but her VOICE makes me want to smash the radio! That's why I just stick to CD's or IPod these days. Lyrics is pretty vulgar too..

Anyway. Enjoy the forum.
Prepare to loose all friends and relationships as you fall into the addiction that is ATS.

Laterz.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Hierdie kak is *oes woes.

Only us 'Africans' would get that one..

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

About "Die Andwoord".... holy smokes- that chick is freaky as hell...

I've got to say that I've become quite leery at anyone that yells out:
"I think your Freaky and I like you a lot!!"

Nothing against or offensive towards "Die Andwoord" or their fans, it just that their stuff kind of trips me out in it's weird dark way. But most of the beats I like..

edit on 4/23/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Johnny mate, if you could understand some of those lyrics, you would be shocked mate.

It is rather blatant, and vulgar.

vvv

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Hey there JohnnyAnonymous!

Awesome, my very own A.T.S starter pack.
I'm gearing up to start my first thread and the pointers that you have provided will come in very handy. Thank you too for welcoming me to this great site and I'm sure we'll see eachother soon here.
Many thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

This is amazing,hi there IamKels.

I never imagined being given the warm responses that all you great members have, and from so many locals and expats (it's all good to me). Looking forward to seeing you around too.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

My word, there's actually a small army of us on here, I'm really chuffed.
Hi there Tripple_Helix, I had no idea you were from Mzanzi too but what a welcome surprise.

I know what you mean about that woman from die Antwoord, a total nutcase by any standard. I agree that most of their lyrics are just too much but the production is good and they really lay some decent beats down.
Hope all is well in the Mother City and hope to cross paths with you again.
Kind regards.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I don't blame you for thinking that, I met Yolandi Visser briefly almost two years ago and she freaked me the heck out. Probably just the contact lenses (I hope) but wow, they aren't dull characters that's for certain.

Luckily she didn't fink I was freaky.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Howdy Vvv,

I concur
, I think it might just be better that most of the world has no idea what they're going on about.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Hi there deltaalphanovember,

It's a pleasure to have another prominent local member welcome me, gosh
Wereabouts in JHB do you hail from? I've read many of your threads in the recent past and enjoy your familiar perspective on things.
I've always had some sort of predisposition to the unknown and "alternative" side of life. I enjoy learning of new discoveries in science,tech,nature and the universe.

As a lad I wanted to be a paleantologist and name a dino after myself.
That sort of yearning has led me down this sometimes lonesome yet always fascinating voyage of discovery. For the last 20 years or so I've focused on the paranormal and of course.. U.F.O's.

I know what you mean though, it's not always easy to find an ear to listen when you feel there are things that everybody should take more notice of, but I'm here to find some like-minds and enjoy myself.

Thanks again and I'm sure we'll see eachother on the boards.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I've got to say that I've become quite leery at anyone that yells out: "I think your Freaky and I like you a lot!!"

It sounds more like she says "I think you're Frikkie....." ( a real 'boere' name here in SA" ) Did you know that these people had Top Billing interview them, and it was in their house in Bellville! Bellville of all places! They actually bought a house there after making it 'big'. WTF?
Anyway, I just found it weird.. Also don't know when this thread became about them.. but I'm gonna leave it at that. lol

I must say though, I much prefer 'Jack Parrow' to 'Die Andwoord' . His songs are hillarious but I wouldn't be caught dead at a robot playing it either... I guess we a all have a little 'common' (sp?) in us!

ETA-
I just have to add that the WORST South African song Ever is "Toeter Scooter" .. so, so bad

edit on 23-4-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

So many South Africans! TK I live in Ontario now as well. Officially from Pretoria but lived in Cape Town and Potch too.

"Let us live and strive for freedom
in (insert country here) our land!"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join