It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenya rangers shoot dead five suspected poachers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
These pathetic excuses for human beings got what they deserved. They knew they were putting their life at risk and that's why they had weapons with them.

If you're going to feel sorry for these poachers then you must also feel sorry for the drug cartel members that die in gun battles too? After all, they are also just trying to make a living.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In my eyes it kind of depends on how it went down.

If the rangers said, "Hey - lets shoot those poachers while they aren't looking!" then that is certainly bad.

If the rangers yelled, "Stop right there, you are under arrest for poaching!" - and in turn the poachers opened fire at the rangers and were killed in the ensuing gun battle - well - that's the price they paid.

From the article I suspect it was the latter.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Increase foreign aid to Kenya. They are one of the few good African countries.

These people got what they deserved...

Incredibly brave rangers.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I see this both ways and I am most assuredly on the fence and cannot get off of it here.
I love animals and I love eating meat too, but I never eat any meat that is from a protected species.
At the same time people have to make a living as dictated by the banks and all governments throughout the world.

What happens when you cannot feed your family or yourself things go a bit wonkey then.
You can go to a loan shark and get money that if you don't pay back you get a broken leg or worse for interest.

Now take a good look at home here, there, or anywhere for that matter and what do you see?
What you see is people dieing steeling copper wire and getting zapped in the process.
You read every day about people coming home to find all their copper plumbing gone, so forth and so on.

Telling my age here now but I remember my mother telling us about how in the "Great Depression" her family took turns guarding the laundry hanging out to dry and day and night guarding their garden which used to be
their front and back yard.

Now that was and is in North America, Just imagine the Woes people have in poorer countries.

If you have the money you can hunt and kill almost any animal that exists on this earth and most of the private game ranches are legal.

To the OP S&F and a real good thread for debate and thoughts.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Does that mean that you're volunteering to be the first person I shoot (rhetorically speaking, I do not plan on shooting anybody)? You obviously don't have a clue how things work in Africa, as our "cut and dry" notions fall to pieces the second you get there. The fact that you ripped your whole "superior dominion" over animals concept right out of the bible kinda drives my point home even farther. Regardless of whether or not you agree with me, I have seen things with my own eyes that you haven't even seen on your TV screen. Also, since you seem to like mincing words and completely missing points, I'll make it real simple for ya. If you arrest poachers, their employers find another one to replace them within a week. You cannot just simply throw these jacka--es in jail as it does not have any real affect on that particular "industry", you must build fear so that they come to the realization that if they poach, they could be killed for it. That's one hell of a deterrant if you ask me. Also, poachers aren't like the big-game hunters you've probably seen in movies, they are nothing but thugs with machetes and kalashnikovs. Also, maybe you need to look at the state of affairs in Africa, before you speak about things you know nothing about.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Well, given your irritable nature, I would gladly take the lizard over your son, as he is probably just as irritable as you are. At least the lizard would give me some peace and quiet lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Wrong! These bastards(poachers) had ak-47's !!! They're NOTHING like a poor villager trying to scrape an income. They're no better than the savage bloody drug cartels in Mexico, etc etc.!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join