It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Floats ‘Tax Hikes’ for Industrialized Countries.....since when did the UN impose taxes??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Golf66

Your argument is that the UN is going to force countries to pay a tax.

But that is false, and nothing in the article you site proves otherwise.

Countries may choose to implement a tax, based on a recommendation from the UN. The US may more may not choose to implement these taxes, but the UN will not be enforcing anything. So every claim you have made is false false false.

While it's absolutely true that the UN cannot legally FORCE any nation to pay anything, ever....It doesn't have to and not every nation needs forced.

Right. The claims that this is a UN-implemented plan is false.

So, your argument is that even thought the claims are false. you dont care?

The Security Council core is pretty willing and the rest of the world gets aid from those 5 in one form or another.

This has nothing to do with the UN Security Council.

Have you even read ANYTHING on the subject? It would appear you have not.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

If the United Nations, as a whole, originated the tax, how do we not point the finger?

The headline is in question form for a reason.

The upcoming United Nations environmental conference on sustainable development will consider a breathtaking array of carbon taxes, transfers of trillions of dollars from wealthy countries to poor ones, and new spending programs to guarantee that populations around the world are protected from the effects of the very programs the world organization wants to implement, according to stunning UN documents....

The UN should never have enough power to impose levies or taxes.
This is what I am talking about...

and new spending programs to guarantee that populations around the world are protected from the effects of the very programs the world organization wants to implement

They want to implement their world programs.
I believe they want to start their form of global taxation.
There's no faster way to transfer wealth.

If this country takes on a global tax, originating from the UN, we better take notice.
WE should not be agreeing with a group of leaders that want global governance.
It is nothing but trouble.

In my opinion, it would be a betrayal of our very nation.
OR treason.

edit on 21-4-2012 by havok because: clarity

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Let's say I come up with a tax, say...on people who make over $1 million a year. I offer this plan to a politician I meet one day. He nods, thinks it's a good idea and puts forth legislation that would enact my tax.

By your thinking I'm the one imposing this tax...or, more specifically, Warren Buffett is the one imposing the tax.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

Your argument is that the UN is going to force countries to pay a tax.

But that is false, and nothing in the article you site proves otherwise.

Countries may choose to implement a tax, based on a recommendation from the UN. The US may more may not choose to implement these taxes, but the UN will not be enforcing anything. So every claim you have made is false false false.

I think you may have responded to the wrong post....

I said only that the OP might have used the word proposed a tax rather than suggesting it was imposed.

You have turned me into the OP (I posted no articles at all) and misrepresented what I said all together.

Perhaps you could correct that...?

Regardless a tax proposed by the UN and endorsed or accepted against the will of the people by an administration willing to do so - will indeed be imposed.

People do not always consent to taxation it is collected by force of law or if you'd prefer - imposed.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Regardless a tax proposed by the UN and endorsed or accepted against the will of the people by an administration willing to do so - will indeed be imposed.

People do not always consent to taxation it is collected by force of law or if you'd prefer - imposed.

BUT NOT BY THE UN!!!

Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

the United Nations does not have the authority to levy a "tax" on any country, people or entity.

This is no something the UN will 'impose'.

There is an upcoming meeting in brazil, where member nations will vote whether or not to ratify the measure, which will be, if passed, taxes imposed by the member nations, not the UN.

Did you even read your own source?

www.unemg.org...
edit on 21-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

Do a casual search for the term "UN imposed upon nations" to get an idea of what all they can impose.

But this is an imposition because such a tax would be agreed upon by people Americans never elected. Its still wrong if our own sold out politicians agree to it, but then again, our reps have been voting against the will and best interests of people in other countries for the entire existence of the UN. The treaty itself was/is imposed upon us without our approval and in many cases against our will. But once you're in, you're in, there is no escape clause.
edit on 21-4-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Well, I'll tell ya what. I'm really working hard to not take the troll bait these days, so I'm dropping this right here. I read back over the thread and every post you've made since the thread started has not only been correcting anyone who seems to agree with the op but in such an insulting and vicious way in every case (anyone can go back and see the little zingers each msg has to whichever it's to) I'm just not going to play tonight. Maybe others will keep the fight going for you and feed the discontent.

@ OP Thanks for the thread. It was informative.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

BUT NOT BY THE UN!!!

Sheesh.

Wow ! Seems you just want to take things absolutly literally because it paints the bad actor as more the US government than the UN.

Let's play a game:

The UN in this exercise will be played by your grandparents. They propose to their children that since they are older the grandkids should come round and mow their lawn in the summer and rake their leaves in the fall (effectively a tax).

This was the grandparents idea and will help them out but really they have no direct authority over the grandkids who will be doing the actual mowing (Tax payers) so they ask their own offspring to collect the "do grandparents lawns maintenance" tax for them giving them no choice in the matter.

As these crafty grandparents know that their lazy grandkids would never just do it if simply asked. (i.e. they don't want to pay taxes to an organization at which they have no representation.) There is nothing for them to gain in the equation but much free time to lose and labor to provide.

However, the parents on the other hand have a vested interest in keeping the grandparents happy as they control access to some family business concern or land rights that the parents need.

What has happened is the grandparents expressed their "wish or desire" for a tax to be levied on the grandchildren who are subject to the authority of the sovereign nations of their parents. Because the UN has something that benefits the sovereign nation of their parents but not so much benefits their children they are willing to mandate the children anty-up and spend their Sumer weekends mowing the sprawling lawn of their grandparents.

The grandparents (UN) get what they want....

The parents (US) are in favor and have access to what they want...

The children (taxpayers) have zero option to do the work/spend the time - it will be taken by force or coercion.

The parents (the US) under force of law make their children comply so technically I guess one could say they are the ones who are imposing the "lawn maintenance" tax but then again that makes it appear that the grandparents had no interest in the process and are just the recipient of good will of the parents. However, as the child - I'm going to say while my Dad is the one making me do it the grandparents wish started this whole goat rodeo that now costs me my weekends in the Sumer. That is who I will be pissed at and will sabotage my efforts all Sumer long….

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join