Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What is the most probable conspiracy you have ever heard

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
out of all the conspiracy that you have ever heard what is the most likely theory of all it can be anything from reptilians ruling the world to your own personal UFO theory to osama bin laden theroys

mine woud have to be the theory that JFK was assasiated by the govorment and the theory that 911 was a false flag
edit on 21-4-2012 by ninjas4321 because: just because

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The entire world around us is engineered and or controlled in some form by the people who sit closest to the flow of money, or create the money.

Most probable theory. We have no freedom. Only the illusion of freedom.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The UFO conspiracy to me is the most likely given all the evidence.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Angels were cast from the heavens to soldier for lucifer. Lucifer wields powerful control of these angels. Humans can rid themselves any semblance in responsibility of their inherent, atrocious, evil nature if they simply blame it all on lucifer, and the ones that walked away, that lucifer supposedly commands.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a missile hit the pentagon the same day holographic whatevers hit the towers the same day a jumbo jet was shot down

and the only people who know are on the innerwebz !

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

For some reason, I believe, or would like to believe the conspiracy of Queen Elizabeth 1st actually being a hermaphrodite.

It was actually determined by people who studied hermaphroditism, that she may well have been one, by her structure, and long hands.

Also that she remained a virgin, and that before she died she made it clear that her body is never to be seen.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My favorite is that most conspiracy theories are patently false inventions dreamed up by people with over active imaginations driven by paranoia, that through social networks and forums such as these the people most easily influenced are then coopted to spread a rootless weed where the more favored inventions eventually take root and blossom into lives of their own bearing fruits of sub-plots and forks added onto the original invention.

In plainer English, people get hacked to believe in something that isn't true and infect others with the same belief all to no purpose whatsoever, other than possibly a biological mechanism or artifact of cognition useful in weeding out or socially isolating certain types of thinkers.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh that's an easy one...

A Race of Subterranean Dwarves

Mind = Blown

Mine is actually that my country (the US) has been bought and run by people who don't give a #hit about the people. The American dream only exists when you're sleeping.
edit on 21-4-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
The UFO conspiracy to me is the most likely given all the evidence.

What's the conspiracy? That they are falsely unidentified?

EDIT: The most probable conspiracy, I think, is that the government lies to you or tells you half-truths a lot.

Is it a conspiracy or fact?
edit on 21-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't know if you can have a conspiracy w/ a large amount of un-deniable facts like 911.

When does a conspiracy stop becoming one?

warranted conspiracy theories with the former being eventually confirmed turning it from a theory into a fact
edit on 21-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I don't know if you can have a conspiracy w/ a large amount of un-deniable facts like 911.

When it's proven to be a conspiracy and has public acceptance? Maybe the conspiracy is conceived only when it's been proven to have happened?

The conspiracy is the proven lie, and what has been proven to be the case is the truth, not a conspiracy.

For instance, is the government's knowledge about UFOs artificially made by civilizations from distant planets a conspiracy? Or just speculation? Does it only become a conspiracy once it can be proven to not be the case?

The conspiracy was the lie perpetrated.
edit on 21-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

My favorite is that most conspiracy theories are patently false inventions dreamed up by people with over active imaginations driven by paranoia, that through social networks and forums such as these the people most easily influenced are then coopted to spread a rootless weed where the more favored inventions eventually take root and blossom into lives of their own bearing fruits of sub-plots and forks added onto the original invention.

In plainer English, people get hacked to believe in something that isn't true and infect others with the same belief all to no purpose whatsoever, other than possibly a biological mechanism or artifact of cognition useful in weeding out or socially isolating certain types of thinkers.

Then you're at the wrong site!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public. wikipedia

In order to answer your question [When does a conspiracy stop becoming one?
"] we would first define conspiracy.

1.the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.
-------------------------------- dictionary.reference.com... --------------------------

If facts are involved, it wouldn't be only a theory. Theory; a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation. dictionary.reference.com...

If the theory & the conspiracy can be presented in a factual manner, it would then stop being a conspiracy. Though you would still have people who either believe or discount what was once thought of as a 'theory', based on their own beliefs. This is mine

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Quite the contrary. I'm in the right place to observe this pervasive phenomenon, and where I will, and can, input information contrary to the self perpetuating self organizing mythologies and fantasies that pop up in hopes of injecting at least a little bit of rational thought into the matter.

It's also entertaining from an observational standpoint to watch some patterns play out.

For instance, through a pervasive exposure of Convenience, those susceptible to such social influence are showing a greater trend toward attitudes of entitlement. Because everything else in their life is Convenient, many grow accustomed to this and develop attitudes where they expect to get what they want when they want it within certain constraints dependent on an individual's experience matrix.
This often comes associated with laziness and learned helplessness, which through a growing demographic gives us a large pool of people ripe for being told what to think because they never learned to do so for themselves.
You then essentially have a bot-net of people that can be controlled and influenced with ease through the very social networks they depend on to get their ideas and identity associations.

Anyone aware of this occurrence in the wild can hijack it to influence election results, swell ratings in polls or interest sectors, as well as controlling market trends as it applies to fashion, music, product sales, or anything else anyone anywhere can think of for putting an easily influenced and controlled interconnected web of socially networked people to work.

I suspect, however, this culture of convenience leading up to learned helplessness has been artificially engineered for similar purpose use and uses as detailed above.
I'ts better than having a zombie army. It's a zombie army that needs to eat and be entertained that are easily influenced to buy what you tell them to.

It's really quite fascinating.

edit on 21-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The most likely conspiracy imho is the one where yknow, democracy works and politicians aren't lying scubags who whored themselves out to private interests before any of us ever heard their names. Cuz, yknow... it's obviously a bigass lie and all, that these people are on our side, what with the sneaky, metaphorical dagger they can't help but plant there every time we so much as blink.

Also probably 9/11. And definitely JFK.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Angels were cast from the heavens to soldier for lucifer. Lucifer wields powerful control of these angels. Humans can rid themselves any semblance in responsibility of their inherent, atrocious, evil nature if they simply blame it all on lucifer, and the ones that walked away, that lucifer supposedly commands.

What book did you read that in, friend?

During the last three centuries before Christ's birth, the portrayal of Satan underwent a major change. The Zoroastrian / Persian dualism concept appeared in Jewish writing: God was now looked upon as wholly good; Satan as profoundly evil. History was seen as a battle between them. No longer was Satan simply God's prosecuting attorney, helper, or lackey. Satan, and his demons, were now humanity's greatest enemies.

Author G. Messandé 1 theorizes that from the middle of the 5th century BCE until 53 BC and later, the Jews were on particularly good terms with the Persians. From the latter's religion, Zoroastrianism, the Jews picked up a number of concepts: the immortality of the soul, angels, and Satan. Of the 3 main divisions of Judaism (Essenes, Pharisees, Saducees) in the 1st century BCE, the Essenes seems to have focused the most on Satan.

Jesus and his disciples accepted the common belief of the 1st century CE that mental illness and some physical ailments were caused by indwelling demons. "Unclean spirits" are mentioned 7 times in Mark, once in Matthew, 3 times in Luke and once in Revelation. A "dumb spirit" and a "deaf spirit" are each mentioned once in Mark. Luke talks about a "spirit of infirmity" in his gospel, and, a "spirit of divination" & an "evil spirit" in Acts. The concept of "violent possession" appears for the first time in Scripture. Demons are believed to posses individuals and cause them to mutilate themselves, to collapse, to foam at the mouth, to thrash around on the ground. Demons are seen as the cause of many physical disabilities, including blindness, spinal deformities, inability to speak. Satan figures prominently throughout the Christian Scriptures: Jesus is tempted by Satan (Matthew 4:1-3, Luke 4:2). The Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons in the name of "Beelzebub, the prince of the demons." (Matthew 12:24)

source
Much of the popular lore of the Devil is not biblical; instead, it is a post-medieval Christian reading of the scriptures influenced by medieval and pre-medieval Christian popular mythology. In some Gnostic sects, the serpent of Eden was praised as the giver of knowledge, sometimes with references to Lucifer, “the Light-Bringer,” being created by the Goddess Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom and favorite of King Solomon.
The Cathars used the terms "devil" and "demon" to refer to the Judeo-Christian God, whom they called Yaldabaoth.
Christian tradition differs from that of Christian demonology in that Satan, Lucifer, Leviathan and Beelzebub all are names that refer to "the Devil", and Prince of this World, The Beast and Dragon, but then Christian tradition is in a very bad habit of grouping all names together into one name, and then going with that one.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Some of the silliest theories I've ever heard are that William Greer (the driver) or Jackie Kennedy was able to shoot JFK and to this day be able to get away with it. Just silly really. Thousands of people were all looking in that exact direction and yet no one is able to proof they fired a shot.. it does say a lot really.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
9/11 used as a moral pretense for wars in the middle east and the relinquishing of freedoms to american citizens.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
David Kelly was murdered by British intelligence to prevent information being disclosed the public that would drastically undermine the governments justification for the war in Iraq.

That would be mine.

I think its sad that his death is not discussed more on ATS, although I can think of a number of other “conspiracy” topics that I don’t think get enough attention because they are not as grand as UFO’s, 9/11 or NWO. Its unfortunate really because some of the “smaller” conspiracies such as the death of David Kelly or the fate of pan am 103, the existence of ECHELON, the Baker Street robbery and so on do not get anywhere near enough attention but are almost “conspiracy fact” rather than “conspiracy theories” like 9/11, NWO and ET.

top topics

join