It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the secret to Starlite been lost forever?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

If the secrets to the invention where in his mind then they couldn't really "get rid" like they did Dr Kelly!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I doubt something able to be made in a garage shed is difficult to reproduce. I've produced pretty amazing things out of a few basic chemicals like concrete and animal bones. Thing is, these things always have one fatal flaw. The ones I made were zero water and fire resistant. This dude probably made something amazing, but it had some flaw. Maybe it had no water resistance. Who knows. Either way, if he could do it, anybody can. Just as anybody could replicate the things I've made.

Thing is, can you fix its fatal flaw?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Sounds reasonable. I guess if one mixes glycol and aluminium trihydrate; the output would be a gel with fire retardant proportions, but also unfortunately rather water soluble! Not unlike fluorochemical firefoam!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is nothing new... only rediscovered... much like all science and technology...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

This whole post really upsets me. How can anyone be so selfish?

No, no, no, no...no. He did exactly what he should have done, and I believe it is extremely naive to think that this would have been used for any other purpose but for war or protection for the top criminals of this world. That is the way they operate. They could not have this material out to everyone (or anyone else but themselves) if it could withstand the force of a nuclear weapon. What is wrong with the brains of anyone who thinks it would just be innocently used to protect fire fighters? Think about what has been done in the past. These people get scared if the average Joe has Kevlar! Think they would let you have Starlite so you could be protected from their potential nuclear blasts?

I hope he did go down with the secret, and I hope anyone he told it to does as well, and I hope nobody ever finds his secret, because if the government gets ahold of it, they will only use it to protect themselves and make sure we never get a hold of it. How would they do that? Restrict access to any of the certain chemicals. Easy. If they were all very readily available, then they would work to find out how the material could be broken down or destroyed so civilians wouldn't be able to benefit from it. You dang well know they already consider us all potential terrorists!

Wake the heck up. You really have to be asleep not to understand how this world operates by now!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I wonder what sort of deal he would have got if he had taken his idea to Dragons Den / Shark Tank?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You know what?
Occasionally I've been wondering the very thing the OP has brought up!

I remember the original documentary and the guy making the claims.
It was a wonder insulator, better even than aesbestos!
Better to keep a low-profile these days...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Since writing this post ive been wondering if this stuff was just TO good to let loose on the world. If TPTB worked out that this could be made very easily then they might decide that it would just to easy for other more volatile countries to copy and use for themselves. That could be a huge risk to world security in more ways than one.

As you can see his lab wasnt exactly high tech.

edit on 21-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

I disagree with the cop-out excuse.

What happens is, if it's common knowledge no-one has an advantage over any else.

Like hemp that grows anywhere, it wouldn't cripple another land, it would mean everyone would benefit.

In other words If everyone has it, no-one has it over anyone

I remember an interesting book about a world where everyone had a powerful weapon. There were no wars or fighting or killing for fear of being killed themselves.

Same concept here

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but this sounds an awful lot like Graphene, the subject of many prior threads.

You can do a search through the ATS search engine but here's one example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If I remember correctly, this substance was created through the use of nanotechnology, a science which has been hypothesized as possibly being responsible for Morgellons disease. It really does make you wonder if this is one "genie" that a whole lot of people didn't initially want let out of the box...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Unfortunately things like this do happen to creative people. It has happened to me, I'm not going to get into specifics about this as nobody would probably believe me. Something so simple as an idea that could potentially make a nobody like me very wealthy will be taken from you. But over the past decade since it happened to me I've grown to believe that karma will come back to bite the butt of the people that stole my rights away from me.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

But you have to understand that theres lots of people in the world who would do harm to other people and not care what happens to themselves. So your give "everyone a powerful weapon" way of thinking would not work well if this was the case.

Also one of the reasons we haven't had a nuclear war is that everyone knows if it happens no one will be a winner. What would happen if someone produced a material that could survive nuclear blasts?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's too bad the gentleman did not make the formula open source, so to speak. He would have followed in the steps of Benjarmin Franklin. What a terrible lost to mankind.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

I like how everyone is blaming this guy for 'witholding' the formula etc..but no one questions the arrogance or manipulation of Boeing et al - groups we know are viscious corps who dont have our best interests at heart and who could have simply given this man 51% share and allowed him to retain control over HIS intellectual property.

But no..they wanted everything ..all control..all power to f*ck humanity over with this new invention or to hide it and withhold it themselves..from everyone. They didnt want to play ball..didnt like some regular joe person using their own tactics against them and THAT is why we dont have this..not because of the inventor who DID offer it...and just wasnt willing to get screwed over for it......and maybe that is for the best..the military is dangerous enough as it is..cammo drones that cant be killed is too terminator for me and is so not a possibility I like Boeing to explore.

I say good luck to him and his family..keep the discovery for a more enlightened time.

Ro

edit on 22-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

indeed the naivette [or ignorance] is to laugh

firefighters? LooooL
this stuff could act like a LASER-SHIELD
it was never going to be allowed for the public
that little military application alone...

would justify killing this guy and stealing his invention
if we are lucky, that did not happen and he took the secret to the grave

lol to those who want it all for free and spoonfed to them
we had a member some months ago calling on anonymous to steal Rossi's [e-cat] formula and give it away free

sure kiddies, then when nothing new comes out
ask yourselves why nobody is inventing anything any more

if we had a social system where you had a free ride or a living wage for life for coming up with useful stuff like this it would be a different story

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is a great example of what this site was created for...

After looking at only the first video my BS meter is reading absolute zero. The stuff seems real and
plausible and if so, the military applications alone would be worth billions. Hence the reason why
we don't have access.

I have done no research but my gut tells me the knee-jerk reaction by the established PTB would
be to immediately suppress and control. The subject needs and uber-sleauth conspiracy detective
on the job...

It does remind me of another technology that is now emerging that will have far-reaching benefit
for mankind, Graphene. There was an ATS thread about it recently, and we all will soon (in the next
few years) benefit from its superstrong lightweight properties.

I hope someone does some more research on Starlight, I want to know more....wish I wasn't so lazy

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I bet the secret Goverment has made it. They probably have something stronger...

I was thinking that Aerogel stuff could be stronger, or more heat resistant. But I didn't really look to much into it. The Aerogel process is complex, not something you could pull off in your garage.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Excellent thread, this is EXACTLY the sort of thing that we should be having on ATS.

Star and Flag !

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The secret isn't lost. It's been archived. It's not lost forever, only archived until the time humanity deserves such an accomplishment. It'll be released in time to coat our houses with it before the next devastating solar flare.

In truth, I'm appalled by the stupidity of humankind. If such a substance existed, it would be in wide application by now, with every chemical manufacturer having their own version of it. Look at the revolutionary technologies such as microwave ovens and spray paint. Common ideas, mass produced, each different company spinning their own version. Such things become standardized.

There's no standard for a "Heat Resistant" polymer. Plastics melt. Period.

If you want something that doesn't melt in the presence of heat, use brick, ceramic, or Rigelian f'trik wood. Anything less is just fantasy.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by reitze

What exactly is a "Passive Desalination Pump"?

A water pump that works on natural-environmental energy while removing the salt from the water. Maybe someone could figure out the concept from that much - but for me going further would entail legal/financial risk for me, and its conceivable that even that much could cost me more than my life savings.

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
reply to post by reitze

So next time you will know what not to do

keep up the good work though, there's more than one brilliant idea followed on from the first, you own the rest my friend.
Much luck and love
x

Thanks. I have over a dozen patents already. Our govt and employment systems are rigged to steal things from inventors - so that large corporations "own things"... like those videos I posted about the carburetor... or worse the scientists who get assassinated (it happens but its usually called suicide or natural causes).

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by reitze
He has my respect - and I'm a victim of what he feared.
I've invented a "Passive Desalination Pump" but was told by legal council that I'd dare not tell anyone how - or the little I got left would become a slavery-scale law-suit debt.
What pisses me off about it is the BILLIONS of people who could use the technology to survive.

Maybe I should have just blogged it but I had already signed an agreement that my ideas belonged to them ... and now I got nothing for it.

Internet = anonymity = blog it anyway if you feel that bad about it.
Come on now.
You invented it, you can customize the blogged release of it to reflect enough debatable differences that some 'other' anonymous internet do-gooder came to the same or similar idea independently and then conveniently blogged it, through a proxy service of course.
I advise looking up TOR browsing. Free email addresses under any name you want to imagine are available everywhere. Just say'n.

I blog here with my own name... and doing something like that anonymously WOULD get me killed. That sorta thing isn't like trolling.

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Originally posted by reitze
He has my respect - and I'm a victim of what he feared.

Property is theft, my friend. Open-source society is the answer...
infoshop.org...

Right on! Not only that. If you consider all the junk that gets touted as "scients say" or used to manipulate the FDA and EPA... where "scientific" just means paid for by a big investor... About the only place REAL science happens is on blogs --- unless someone things they want to squash something - or possibly own it cause its happening anyway. My set of neural network patents were because a competitor was challenging the business unit on the bases of the technologies involved. I never got much respect for the technical brake-throughs there. Rather, it inspired envy and hate among "peers" - and luckily was a big enough company that there was a far-away assignment for me after that.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Everyone is assuming it is greed, but there is another possibility to explain the inventor's hesitance to make a deal to release this product. Maybe he knew that it would not go to benefit mankind, and would be snatched up by the military industrial complex for use in covert programs, and would make a lot of money for a lot of undeserving people.

Eric Laithwaite (wiki) is an example of a guy who tried.

He demonstrated anti-gravity via gyroscope effect in 1974. He failed to get the $ to file the patent and was publicly scorned by the establishment untill he finally got a patent for it in 1999, 2 years AFTER he died.

Propulsion System (Laithwaite, Dawson - ASSIGNED (owned by) Gyron Limited)

A propulsion and positioning system for a vehicle comprises a first gyroscope mounted for precession about an axis remote from the center of said gyroscope. A support structure connects the gyroscope to the vehicle. Gyroscopes are used to cause the first gyroscope to follow a path which involves at least one precession-dominated portion and at least one translation-dominated portion, wherein in the precession-dominated portion, the mass of the first gyroscope is transferred and associated movement of the mass of the remainder of the system in a given direction occurs, and, in the translation-dominated portion, the mass of the first gyroscope moves with an associated second movement of the mass of the remainder of the system in substantially the opposite direction, wherein the movement owing to the translation-dominated portion and is larger than the movement owing to the precession-dominated portion of the motion, hence moving the system.

So in other words from 1974 to 1997 he was ridiculed and possibly VIOLENTLY OPPOSED, but in 1999 some unheard of company that doesn't even show up via Google search got it patented and now owns the rights to it - so if any of us try building it we'd be shut down like that southpark episode of Mr Garison's car, "The Entity".

+In my own thinking, what he proved is the ease of making a "Magic Carpet Ride"... like a spinning top on every tassle of the carpet. So step into the middle of the carpet and UP YOU GO! (would need a power source on board and a means to continue gaining lift from the stassles - but more advanced forms, liquid or plasma technologies... )... I believe some of the UFOs up there are ours (but no I've never personally seen one).

edit on 4/22/2012 by reitze because: + Magic carpet ride

++ Aurthur Schopenhauer defined stages of revelation of TRUTH:
1. Ridiculed
2. Violently Opposed
3. Accepted as Self-evident

+++ And consider how EVERYTHING was stolen from Tesla. Einstein gave away too much too soon while Merconi, Edison, and others just "took credit" for work by Tesla. And Tesla actually did lead the "Philadelphia Experiment". But never kid yourself about the military being the BEST at suppressing ideas with "violent opposition". Tesla died broke and alone in a NY hotel - after someone DESTROYED his work-faciliies like Wardenclif.

A top-comment on the video: The basis of John Galt! This needs to be understood before folks can begin to correct the problem. Where is the rest of this movie? That I would rather go to see, then Atlas Shrugged? NikolaTeslaJohnGalt

edit on 4/22/2012 by reitze because: +++

edit on 4/22/2012 by reitze because: fix video sequence

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I wonder what sort of deal he would have got if he had taken his idea to Dragons Den / Shark Tank?

Probably a bullet in the head with an official suicide story.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join