It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the secret to Starlite been lost forever?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

So next time you will know what not to do

keep up the good work though, there's more than one brilliant idea followed on from the first, you own the rest my friend.
Much luck and love
x

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
He has my respect - and I'm a victim of what he feared.

I've invented a "Passive Desalination Pump" but was told by legal council that I'd dare not tell anyone how - or the little I got left would become a slavery-scale law-suit debt.

What pisses me off about it is the BILLIONS of people who could use the technology to survive.

Maybe I should have just blogged it but I had already signed an agreement that my ideas belonged to them ... and now I got nothing for it.

Internet = anonymity = blog it anyway if you feel that bad about it.
Come on now.
You invented it, you can customize the blogged release of it to reflect enough debatable differences that some 'other' anonymous internet do-gooder came to the same or similar idea independently and then conveniently blogged it, through a proxy service of course.

I advise looking up TOR browsing. Free email addresses under any name you want to imagine are available everywhere. Just say'n.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I don't see how this greed. If he really cared about money/power he would of licensed his product to 3M or even a smaller company that would then ramp up production. Instead he kept it to himself. He offered the product at a price he felt was fair. That no one else took him up on the offer is of no real consequence.

The only way I could see this being immoral is if he built his product off of the ideas others and didn't credit them. If he, on the other hand, came up with the idea completely on his own, then why does anyone think he owed humanity the idea. He didn't work for us (as far as I know).

It seems that many leap forward idea/technologies are invented around the same time period independently by multitudes of of people across the world. If this idea is as revolutionary as we're led to believe, then I would theorize that It has already been invented by others and the formula will see the light of day sometime in the future.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Noice!

If you can't be honest with yourself, there is NO one else...

sorry but that was not positively great council

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Actually, that should be a given. As I've stated before, his negotiations were ham handed where he could have leased the technology for some coin knowing that the mil.ind.com was going to screw him, but in turn poison the deal with a dead man switch for release to the entire planet for free after X amount of time.

He would then get money, AND save the planet, AND give a solid finger to da Man.

No his actions speak more in favor of greed than a concern over exclusive mil.ind.com control.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Is it really a loss to mankind when a super wonder-substance isn't able to be exploited/utilized by the military-industrial complex of the world's greatest/largest empire?

I'd say no. If this whole thing is real, then the inventor was extremely wise to do what he did. If it died with him... so be it. What humanity needs is not Starlite (as fantastic/fascinating/awesome a substance as it may be) but rather a way to live that TRULY benefits humanity and the planet rather than forcing humanity and the planet to serve our civilization/systems.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
He has my respect - and I'm a victim of what he feared.

I've invented a "Passive Desalination Pump" but was told by legal council that I'd dare not tell anyone how - or the little I got left would become a slavery-scale law-suit debt.

What pisses me off about it is the BILLIONS of people who could use the technology to survive.

Maybe I should have just blogged it but I had already signed an agreement that my ideas belonged to them ... and now I got nothing for it.

Property is theft, my friend. Open-source society is the answer...

infoshop.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I like how everyone is blaming this guy for 'witholding' the formula etc..but no one questions the arrogance or manipulation of Boeing et al - groups we know are viscious corps who dont have our best interests at heart and who could have simply given this man 51% share and allowed him to retain control over HIS intellectual property.

But no..they wanted everything ..all control..all power to f*ck humanity over with this new invention or to hide it and withhold it themselves..from everyone. They didnt want to play ball..didnt like some regular joe person using their own tactics against them and THAT is why we dont have this..not because of the inventor who DID offer it...and just wasnt willing to get screwed over for it......and maybe that is for the best..the military is dangerous enough as it is..cammo drones that cant be killed is too terminator for me and is so not a possibility I like Boeing to explore.

I say good luck to him and his family..keep the discovery for a more enlightened time.

Ro

edit on 22-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

Here's the deal.

If they had given him a 51% share he would have had incredible power over their property that incorperates the material.

That is why they all refused, not because they wanted to screw him over.

Greed and nothing more is the reason and it wasn't the greed of multi-national corps or gubberments this time.

Think Microsoft and how that company controls the internet and ultimately, every computer on the planet that incorperates Microsoft software.

He was just a selfish sod who wouldn't let anyone benefit from his discovery unless he was in total control of everything that incorperated his invention.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You know.... Both ATS and C2C along with a couple other fringe sites, usually seem to precede the expos'e of things that certain powers would wish to not reach the light of day.

Still, I think it's too late to try to put the Genie back in the bottle. And that gives me hope it will go mainstream...

Seems I read of or heard of this stuff some time ago, and yea it seemed to have been a brief discovery that was quickly lost in the jumble by those wishing it to disappear from sight. And I'd bet somewhere the formula still exists.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by Rosha

I like how everyone is blaming this guy for 'witholding' the formula etc..but no one questions the arrogance or manipulation of Boeing et al - groups we know are viscious corps who dont have our best interests at heart and who could have simply given this man 51% share and allowed him to retain control over HIS intellectual property.

But no..they wanted everything ..all control..all power to f*ck humanity over with this new invention or to hide it and withhold it themselves..from everyone. They didnt want to play ball..didnt like some regular joe person using their own tactics against them and THAT is why we dont have this..not because of the inventor who DID offer it...and just wasnt willing to get screwed over for it......and maybe that is for the best..the military is dangerous enough as it is..cammo drones that cant be killed is too terminator for me and is so not a possibility I like Boeing to explore.

I say good luck to him and his family..keep the discovery for a more enlightened time.

Ro

edit on 22-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

Here's the deal.

If they had given him a 51% share he would have had incredible power over their property that incorperates the material.

That is why they all refused, not because they wanted to screw him over.

Greed and nothing more is the reason and it wasn't the greed of multi-national corps or gubberments this time.

Think Microsoft and how that company controls the internet and ultimately, every computer on the planet that incorperates Microsoft software.

He was just a selfish sod who wouldn't let anyone benefit from his discovery unless he was in total control of everything that incorperated his invention.

Yea, you could be right (last sentence) or maybe he knew it would disappear from humanity unless he had control...... maybe..??

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fer405
Are you guys just plain stupid or retarded, in the post it clearly states the reason he didnt sell his idea is because he wanted 51% of the owner ship which they didnt want to agree to. He knew clearly that he was gonna get ripped off or get his idea taken over, thats why he wanted 51 percent so he can have a say in how they use it and not abuse it. if someone told me i couldnt have 51% of my own idea i would say # off then i dont trust the government or corporations anyways!

All you comenters can say what you will, but this ^ ^ is obvious. fer405 is 100% right. After all, look what ultimately happened.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well he won't be around forever and I'm sure one of his family members will play ball.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I don't blame the guy for not patenting it, the way companies and countries steal ideas. Still this stuff looks way to good to be true and be 80% organic. Hopefully it's a real product and his family makes a deal, alot of uses for this product.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Hi, I think i saw the dead scientist thing on liveleak, steven quayle? It reminded me of a guy who had a business near us. He was selling chlorella pills, but he was also developing a closed hydroponic system for growing chlorella, for the production of oil. (the dried product is 50% lipids, easily converted to fuel). I understand he sold the process to the Meta brothers (indian steel magnates) and died in a car crash 2 weeks later. His company was called 'Photosynthesis UK Ltd' based at watershed mill. I think the guys name was Gary something, he was known as 'the chlorella kid' locally.

edit the guys name was Gary Robert Quelch
edit on 22-4-2012 by freebornman because: found the name

At 01:49 PM on 14 Jan 2008,
brossen99 wrote:

Talking about bio-fuels, back in the early 1990s Perkins had a small diesel engine running on dried powder fast growing Chinese pond slime called Chlorella. It was also alleged to be a health food for which its promoter Gary Quelch ran a small business, but he had big ideas for power stations which used the CO2 they produced. The diesel engine was featured on Tomorrow's World, and although it was not practical to control the engine speed, it could have been used in transport with an electric transmission. The original diesel engines were designed to run on pulverized coal so pond slime was not really revolutionary. Unfortunately Gary was always was always skint so he sold out the fuel idea to Shell and it was never heard of again.

edit on 22-4-2012 by freebornman because: additional info

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's his invention so he can do whatever he wants. No one is entitled to his invention but him. So if he decides to take the discovery to his grave, that is his right.

Having 51% ownership allows you to decide how your invention would be used. Most patents expire in 20 years, so the company he licensed his formula to could literally sit on it for 20 years and do absolutely nothing. He'd get no royalties since nothing was sold. Look into the documentary about who killed the electric car and the batteries they use, it's all about control.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
To be honest, if I invented a material that could resist just about any heat mankind can produce without taking any damage, I would not release it to the world as it is today either.
Too many war-mongering governments (yes, I am looking at you, USA), too many people that kill for no reason (religious fanatics) and whatnot.
Imagine a titanium plated battaillon of tanks covered with this substance in the hands of the wrong people. The materials are probably really cheap, else a small backyard hobby scientist would not have been able to afford them.

When humanity grows up, then you might release the secret formula. Else, you would probably kill more people than you could save.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

There was a story on 60 minutes how a woman in florida I believe, was putting together a solution to clean a mess up, she used Pine Sol, bleach, and Ajx or something, it foamed over and she thought it was going to explode, turns out it formed some kind of indestructible material. A local news agency reported on it and she took the formula, from what she could remember and had a local lab test it. It was bullet proof at 2 inches thick, completely flame retardent and bomb proof. They built a little house and tried to destroy it with everything except a tank round and couldn't do it, needless to say...DuPont bought the formula and threatened the woman into silence and the program disappeared. Suprise!!

It can be mad ewith a few cleaning solurions but it would be trial and error to find how she did it again, and no one knows where she is and I am sure she would not talk for fear of death. I hope someone else has seen this program about 15 years ago I believe. No more need for wood for house, which could survive a tornado or hurricane. No more need to pollute with waste water byproducts from the manufacture of sheetrock and other building materials. We need to thank the Masonic community for destroying our sovereign right to live freely. They have, the upper elite of the "society', taken all that is good about the world and destoryed it and hidden it from us. Lets bring back hemp, which the masonic community, because of cotton and paper products as well as oil, have banned it from being used. Who controls government, other than israel and the masonic community? We don't.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

usually when i mix cleaning supplies like that, I (accidentally) make tear gas and have to cough and wheeze my runny eyed self out the door and air everything out for hours before I can go back inside.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have good ideas, but I too hang on to them for two reasons...
1. Not wanting to get killed should I upset the wrong persons interests
2. Wanting to make more money out of it, at a later date.

I guess this guy is a lesson to all inventors. What we really want is innovation prize system, where you are rewarded for inventing something on condition it becomes public, when you die. That said if your too paranoid even that wouldn't work.
This guy almost certainly wasen't killed by TPTB. For a start they had decades to do so, and yet he died not having shared it. I would however be surprised if TPTB don't already know how to manufacture it. Police have a habit of taking things whenever an inventive person has died... Telsa being most famous.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This whole post really upsets me. How can anyone be so selfish?
reply to post by Druscilla

Too right!

Not even allowing someone 51% of their OWN idea? Pathetic human corporate greed.
edit on 22/4/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join