It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When The North Korean Wind Blows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Lets assume the nightmare scenerio. N Korea has a hissy fissy and launches a nuke. Where would the fallout blow to? China? South Korea? Japan? What if USA strikes back? I have a feeling China is getting tired of the appendix that is North Korea and does not want nuclear fallout blowing across it's country. With this in mind it is possible that they will take over N Korea themselves and kick out the regime and annex it. Or they might allow N Korea to implode by cutting off all supplies etc.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Depends where it hits...

This simulation might give a rough idea for you:

www.carloslabs.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

If N. Korea were to implement a nuclear strike on anyone...there would be no more N. Korea.

It would be their one and only strike across the world bow. As far as cutting off supplies and aid, I think that is happening on a mass scale after their last thumbing of nose at world opinion. As long as N.Korea has money or something to barter with, there will always be the black market to fill their wants.

JMOHO....Des
edit on 21-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

In reality and to put all the hyperbole and chest thumping aside... I think North Korea would cease to exist as a functional nation, but it wouldn't be who the world would expect to do it. IF North Korea throws the mother of all tantrums and just launches a nuke at someone...I think Chinese forces will be over the Yalu river and into Pyongyang before Washington has time to formulate an effective response. China will end our problem before we have a chance to.

It wouldn't be because China hates the DPRK, but because I think China would shoot it's OWN allies if they went so far as to INVITE the United States into another nation bordering the Chinese mainland. I think they'll do almost anything to prevent giving ANY excuse for more U.S. or Western military of any kind in East Asia.

So..... If Kim launches more than a hot fart, I'd expect Beijing to punch his ticket for us before he's had a chance to even enjoy the result of his actions. I'm guessing he's been told as much too...with a clear set of lines he can play up to but NOT over. Just my thoughts...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nobody launches anything into the atmosphere today unless someone decides to let them launch it.

North Korea can't launch anything.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I suppose you can help by telling us who is regulating the airspace of the planet and in a position to tell North Korea or China or Russia that they can or cannot launch this or that when they choose to? I didn't realize there was such a power in existence yet. I know a few would love to believe their own press and think they have that power. We have one such delusional example in our White House at the moment....but what source of authority did you have in mind for North Korea both respecting and honoring if they're told No for something?

new topics

top topics

join