It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Nugent agrees to plead guilty in illegal kill of bear, same day Secret Service "questions" him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well, I'm sure atleast some of you have heard about Ted Nugent saying if Obama gets elected, he will either be in jail or dead. The Secret Service of course spoke with him, and it turns out they're smearing him by bringing up his illegal killing of a black bear while filming a hunting movie or something.

Heres the article

Ted Nugent Smeared

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roundtree
Well, I'm sure atleast some of you have heard about Ted Nugent saying if Obama gets elected, he will either be in jail or dead. The Secret Service of course spoke with him, and it turns out they're smearing him by bringing up his illegal killing of a black bear while filming a hunting movie or something.

Heres the article

Ted Nugent Smeared

It is very easy to brake hunting/fishing rules, I know. I was out clamming and you can get 40 butter clams per person (big clams). My friends got 120 for the two of them and their daughter and they were given a 200 dollar ticket because their daughter was not by them the whole time. She was off playing along the beach close by.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thats the whole idea:
They can get everyone for something:
and something from everyone

funny though
the NRA has shown itself to be a not altogether trustworthy organization...
like maybe they have been HELPING bring in gun control

this could be a demonstrational false flag op

a gun nut might be a threat to national sescrewity
bitter git them shootin irons offn em now

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
prove the secret service leaked it. your own link credits the AP

this is just a good old fashioned media feeding frenzy
edit on 21-4-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's not a 'smear' if it's true.

As a hunter, a very important rule is if you shoot and injure and animal, you MUST track it down.

He didnt.

Hes pathetic.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
And to think, the early explorers and pioneers killed all sorts of critters in the wild for survival.

edit on 21-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
And to think, the early explorers and pioneers killed all sorts of critters in the wild for survival.

The key distinction, of course, being that Nugent's actions had nothing to do with his 'survival'.

ANY hunter worth his muster would condemn that sort of action.

If you've EVER hunted, you would know that

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

The key distinction, of course, being that Nugent's actions had nothing to do with his 'survival'.

Honestly, I'm not a hunter. I was really commenting on the environmentalist issue of man killing beast. Key distinction, of course being that the environmentalists have made it so that we can be arrested for doing what humans have done throughout the hundreds of thousands of years naturally, yet support infanticide.

Additionally, the statement was that he killed the bear illegally, not that he didn't track it properly. Or maybe it was just a tweaking of the law to get him.
How do you know it wasn't survival? Were you there?

Also, it was a limit on bears that was the illegal part it seems

The plea agreement says Nugent illegally shot and killed the bear in May 2009 on Sukkwan Island days after wounding a bear in a bow hunt, which counted toward a state seasonal limit of one bear.

music.msn.com...

I would bet that at least half of the hatred of Nugent is his conservative stance and Tea Party attendance, as any and every stupid and illegal activity by the OWS has been sanctioned by members here.

In fact, this is the same kind of silly criticism that Sarah Palin got from the environmentalists over the supposed wolf trapping.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Honestly, I'm not a hunter.

Obviously

I was really commenting on the environmentalist issue of man killing beast. Key distinction, of course being that the environmentalists have made it so that we can be arrested for doing what humans have done throughout the hundreds of thousands of years naturally, yet support infanticide.

This has nothing to do with abortion. You're ridiculous. This has nothing to do with your partisan politics. Many hunters are environmentalists and are not on the left. Educate yourself before speaking on things you clearly know absolutely nothing about.

Rules against killing more than one bear exist because if it didnt, there wouldnt be any bears left because wanna-be's like Nugent would go out and shoot them all, not for 'survival' but for what they call 'sport'.

Additionally, the statement was that he killed the bear illegally, not that he didn't track it properly. Or maybe it was just a tweaking of the law to get him.

Right, he was fined for killing a second bear because he had already shot one but was too lazy to go track it.

How do you know it wasn't survival? Were you there?

Because 'survival' is not about a trip that costs tens of thousands of dollars to hunt a predator for sport.

The plea agreement says Nugent illegally shot and killed the bear in May 2009 on Sukkwan Island days after wounding a bear in a bow hunt, which counted toward a state seasonal limit of one bear.

music.msn.com...

I would bet that at least half of the hatred of Nugent is his conservative stance and Tea Party attendance, as any and every stupid and illegal activity by the OWS has been sanctioned by members here.

Well, you would lose that bet.

But I would bet that your blind rejection of the facts is due to your own rather obvious partisanship

In fact, this is the same kind of silly criticism that Sarah Palin got from the environmentalists over the supposed wolf trapping.

Again, clearly you know nothing about the subject. Slaughtering wolves from the air with automatic weapons is done because these wolves compete with the sport hunters who pay big money to fly in from cities and shoot a caribou.

Again, educate yourself.

I'm a hunter, have been since i was 18, and I know your opinions are not based on even a shred of understanding of the issues but instead are due your blind allegiance to your own partisanship.

Talk to people who actually hunt for food. Talk to people who work in conservation (many are not 'liberals'). Get an informed opinion.

edit on 21-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

music.msn.com...

I think he was doing it for a TV show and he wounded a bear and could not hunt it down...i.e. it got away, and so killed another bear. The rules are that if you even slightly wound a bear it counts as your one. I didn't know this rule and I would bet many others didn't either. The fact that he got caught because it was on his show as proof suggests he didn't know it either. The other fact that this happened years ago and he paid a chunk of money for his mistake and put a free awareness commercial on his show throughout the season I would say it was a done deal a long time ago.

The spin is that they are trying to use it today in some negative way.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people," he said.

What is pathetic those people hating on Nugent not because of what he said its just the fact hes not a liberal.

Liberals can do anything no no no a conservative exercising their 1st amendment right is "pathetic".

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people," he said.

What is pathetic those people hating on Nugent not because of what he said its just the fact hes not a liberal.

Liberals can do anything no no no a conservative exercising their 1st amendment right is "pathetic".

I always find this notion that anyone critical of a 'conservative' is somehow necessarily a liberal.

Does that also mean that, necessarily anyone who is critical of a 'liberal' is a conservative?

Any actual, trained and disciplined hunter, (which rules out the weekend warriors and yuppies on $20,000 hunting trips ),liberal or conservative, will tell you that what Nugent did in the field was wrong. If you wound an animal, you track it down and kill it.

Nothing about Nugent reflects actual conservatism. He's playing to a demographic to further his own celebrity, and many are buying it up willingly.

It's a shame that a place like ATS has people who dont understand that.
edit on 22-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

, will tell you that what Nugent did in the field was wrong. If you wound an animal, you track it down and kill it.

You hunt down If you can...you add a lot of assumptions to all this....I guess Ted is the first hunter to be fined unlike all you "real" hunters....also I would not describe him as some Yuppie on a hunting trip.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Who cares?

Bears are killed everyday in this country so now what it evolves down to is telling others how they should be hunting.

People sure do love to make mountains out of sinkholes .

edit on 22-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It's not a 'smear' if it's true.

As a hunter, a very important rule is if you shoot and injure and animal, you MUST track it down.

He didnt.

Hes pathetic.

So you know for a fact he did not try and track it or have someone track it? Yeah gee like no hunter has ever shot an animal that still got away. It's not like it will go to waste it will feed a bunch of other animals if you do not find it I do not see the big deal. And that's not even what they fined him for...

top topics

join