It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How fast can you wire a building to blow up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Anyone here now how long it would take to wire a floor of a building such as WTC7 with explosives?

To me it seems as if the bombs were placed before the planes struck.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.

edit on Sat Apr 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is one of the absurd things that does not get discussed about 9/11.

In a NORMAL controlled demolition the objective is to be very careful about minimising damage to surrounding structures so it makes sense to carefully determine exactly the right place to put the exact amount of explosive so everything comes down just right.

But suppose the objective is to put on a spectacular show that everybody gets all emotional about and you don't care how many people are killed or how much collarteral damage is done? Then you can just cram in ten times as much explosives as necessary without being that precise about it because it is ten times as much. Then it most likely takes much less time to install.

It would probably take less time for someone to chop off all of your toes with an ax, especially if they did not care how much of your foot they took with them, than it would to take to clip your toenails with some clippers. And then they would not have to worry about the nails growing back.

psik

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank god. This is the biggest question I've had since the day it happened...when Larry Whats-his-name said they decided to "pull" building 7 at some point in the afternoon, I really did wonder how they could almost instantly wire such a large structure for demolition, and an obviously controlled demolition at that. I sat and watched it happen on tv on the day and immediately thought it was very odd indeed. I'm sure someone will wade in and rip this question to bits, but star and flag from me for just asking in the first place.

I'm sure we have some answers to these too...It was an insane day on every level...was demolition of this building such a priority and why? If my memory serves me right, the building definitely collapsed starting in the centre, like a controlled blast should, so it falls inwards...that doesn't seem to me like random explosive placement, although I take the point about creating a big blast to make a point. Or hide a point. And ok...it was dangerous, but the whole area allegedly was a crime scene, so if everyone had been evacuated from the building, wouldn't it have been better to leave it standing, even in danger of collapse, until other issues were addressed? Please don't flame...I'm thinking out loud here, articulating nothing but the weird questions in my head that have been there for years, and I don't usually get involved with this type of discussion, but this BUGS ME!!

Will rummage for stuff to add later...life is a bit crazy here just now.

edit on 21-4-2012 by caitlinfae because: just more stuff

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is one issue that won't go away .

How long does it take to wire a building for a control demolotion ?

1 day ?

I really don't know .

Same question has been in my mind for a long time , perhaps an expert will come along and present an answer to this conundrum .

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP, Check that thread out when you get a chance you might find it to be of interest...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Anyone here now how long it would take to wire a floor of a building such as WTC7 with explosives?

To me it seems as if the bombs were placed before the planes struck.

I'll take a run at that, just a guess mind you...

WTC 1&2;

Assume 6 crews of 4 special forces military working two 8 hour shifts.
Number of Floors: 102 each
Number of Exterior Columns: 244
Number of Interior Columns: 47
Number of man hours per day: 6x4x8 = 192
Excuse to have all these people in the buildings: Asbestos Removal around the beams and columns
Assume 15 minutes to place each exterior charge
Assume 60 minutes to place each interior charge
Upper 22 Floor Charges: (22x244)+(22x4)=5456
Middle 60 Floor Charges: (60x244)+(60x4)=14880
Lower 10 Floor Charges: (10x122)+(10x4)=1260
Bottom 10 Floor Charges: 0 (none hear as they are too close to street level)
Total Exterior Column Charges: 21228
Total Interior Column Charges: 368
Total Man Hours to place Exterior charges: 5307
Total Man Hours to place Interior charges: 368
Total Man Hours required to place charges: 5675

Costs of materials and labour:
Labour 24 men @ 8 hours / day @ $100/hr @ 60 days = $1,152,000.00
Exterior Column Explosives 21228 @ $500 each = $10,614,000
Interior Column Explosive 368 @ $50,000 each = $18,400,000

Total Cost of Demolition of WTC1 and WTC2 = $30,166,000
Total Days with above mentioned crew: 29.56 days per tower

Asbestos Removal Costs (THE BIG STORY)
Cost per Day = $1,000,000.00 (approximately)
Duration of Program: 400 to 500 days
Total Cost of Asbestos Removal Program $1m x 400 (lower number) = $400 million

Larry Silverberg SAVES! = $370,000,000.00
Larry Silverberg also insured the WTC complex against Terrorism 6 weeks before 9/11.

I've made some assumptions obviously,

The time it takes to place charges is arbitrary but rational for securing electronic equipment weighing 50 pounds or less in a ceiling space (using a direct mount directional frame plus the item/charge that fits in the frame)

That the interior columns would use a much higher force charge like a micro-nuke. That technology has been available since the late 1980's when you could buy softball sized nukes from Russia for the price of a BMW325. Or an evacuating gas charge is also a possibility using thermate (not thermite) and a mix of other fuels.

That the equipment/charges could be brought into the building and appear to be legitimate. The towers were allegedly undergoing an Asbestos Cleanup that was costing Silverberg about a million dollars a day. That would explain the high number of extra maintenance personnel and the equipment that could be smuggled in looking legitimate.

This presumes that the WTC were demolitions and were brought down in such a way as to do as little damage to the surrounding buildings and area with no regard for the general population (re massive amounts of asbestos in the air, just the dust from the concrete could cause silicosis).

Pr8News
RealStreet

Personally, I believe the entire thing was a setup and demolitions to make it so the US could get all these security restrictions and start wars and takeovers of third world country resources. BUT ALSO to help out Larry Silverberg (GW Bush's friend) so that when the building came down and 100's of thousands of people started getting mesothelioma and dying, Silverberg wouldn't be blamed and subsequently sued.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/21.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Problem with your mathematic masturbation.....

Only one building contained any asbestos - the North Tower (WTC 1). And then only lower 1/3 of building
up to 38 th floor . In the 30 years since asbestos containing insulation was banned in NYC (1970)
the asbestos was removed or encapsulated to prevent it was flaking off

On April 13, 1970, New York City issued restrictions on the application of sprayed thermal insulation containing asbestos. The use of BLAZE-SHIELD Type D was discontinued in 1970 at the 38th floor of WTC 1. The asbestos-containing material was subsequently encapsulated with a sprayed material that provided a hard coating. A green dye was added to the encapsulating material so that the asbestos containing SFRM could be identified. Thermal protection of the remaining floors of WTC 1 and all of WTC 2 was carried out using BLAZE-SHIELD Type DC/F, a product that contained mineral wool (glassy fibers) in place of the crystalline asbestos fibers. On the basis of tests, it was reported that the thermal properties of BLAZE-SHIELD Type DC/F were equal to or "slightly better" than those of BLAZE-SHIELD Type D"

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

One thing I have not been able to find out is at what time did the conversation between Larry whats-his-name and whoever else it was, when it was agreed that they would do the 'pull'. Does anyone know?

Is there a video which provides an answer to this?

thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This may be completely absurd, but is it possible that the building was built with a set purpose, with explosives already in place as they went? I don't have a clue how old they are, but it is a vague possibility!
Another option is that it could have been done in stages over the years, different construction/repair projects throughout the buildings..
The wiring could have had alot of chances to go in. Maybe someone should check the remaining buildings for wiring that shouldnt be there.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Problem with your mathematic masturbation.....

Only one building contained any asbestos - the North Tower (WTC 1). And then only lower 1/3 of building
up to 38 th floor . In the 30 years since asbestos containing insulation was banned in NYC (1970)
the asbestos was removed or encapsulated to prevent it was flaking off

On April 13, 1970, New York City issued restrictions on the application of sprayed thermal insulation containing asbestos. The use of BLAZE-SHIELD Type D was discontinued in 1970 at the 38th floor of WTC 1. The asbestos-containing material was subsequently encapsulated with a sprayed material that provided a hard coating. A green dye was added to the encapsulating material so that the asbestos containing SFRM could be identified. Thermal protection of the remaining floors of WTC 1 and all of WTC 2 was carried out using BLAZE-SHIELD Type DC/F, a product that contained mineral wool (glassy fibers) in place of the crystalline asbestos fibers. On the basis of tests, it was reported that the thermal properties of BLAZE-SHIELD Type DC/F were equal to or "slightly better" than those of BLAZE-SHIELD Type D"

Terrific, that's all you got? I find it so funny that one little point is meant to discredit a complete operation, of course that's the way disinformation works. The most important things are, they could have gotten the buildings wired during evening and night shifts in 60 days or less, Larry what's-his-face did insure for buildings for terrorism insurance 6 weeks prior to 9/11 and of course he also had a pair of white elephants that were costing him megabucks in maintenance. Oh and he was also a friend of GW Bush. Seems like a few too many linkages there for me? That simple glaring "fact" remains, the buildings were taken down, not by airplanes, but demolition crews.

Oh and btw, my math was for illustration purposes only, at least I took the time.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/22.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weeeden
This may be completely absurd, but is it possible that the building was built with a set purpose, with explosives already in place as they went? I don't have a clue how old they are, but it is a vague possibility!
Another option is that it could have been done in stages over the years, different construction/repair projects throughout the buildings..
The wiring could have had alot of chances to go in. Maybe someone should check the remaining buildings for wiring that shouldnt be there.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

Most explosives become unstable over time. An example would be dynamite, it "sweats" nitro. Explosives should be fresh and a good rule is you don't keep your explosive longer than you store beef vacuum packed in a deep freezer, which is about 12 months. Of course many explosives have longer shelf-lives, but they are so easy to whip up anyway, what's the point of stockpiling. Thermite and thermate have good shelf lives, years if stored properly but you really don't need much to make them other than a couple of oxides and sulphur. Mix thermate or thermite 50/50 with ammonium perchlorate and watch what happens with that ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Larry what's-his-face did insure for buildings for terrorism insurance 6 weeks prior to 9/11

Yee Gods ! Another idiotic statement.......

Reason Silverstein bought terrorism insurance is simple

The people providing the money demanded he buy such insurance. No insurance, No money.....

Or are you forgetting that the buildings were bombed in 1993....

Silverstein actually wanted TO BUY LESS INSURANCE - he wanted to insure each building for 1.5 billion

The lenders (GMAC now ALLY Bank) wanted more, 5 billion per buildingwas discussed , settled on 3.55 billion
per building

In its court papers, Swiss Re shows how Silverstein first tried to buy just $ 1.5 billion in property damage and business-interruption coverage. When his lenders objected, he discussed buying a $ 5 billion policy. Ultimately, he settled on the $ 3.5 billion figure, which was less than the likely cost of rebuilding. His lenders, led by GMAC, a unit of General Motors, which financed nearly the entire cost of the lease, agreed.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Too many variables are involved. If you hire a demolition company and they have to gut the building take out the windows etc. 2 weeks, maybe more? If you hire enough people who know how to plant explosives and hire so many each has to plant only 2 to 4 charges, maybe a couple of hours.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Too many variables are involved. If you hire a demolition company and they have to gut the building take out the windows etc. 2 weeks, maybe more? If you hire enough people who know how to plant explosives and hire so many each has to plant only 2 to 4 charges, maybe a couple of hours.

Yeah, you could just advertise for 800 evil NWO demolition experts in "Evil NWO Demolition Expert Monthly".

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

Yeah, you could just advertise for 800 evil NWO demolition experts in "Evil NWO Demolition Expert Monthly".

Or tell a handful of Black Ops soldiers that are already trained to do that sort of thing to do it in an evening.

As long as we are throwing out extremes...

Anyway, the point is that it is possible to get the buildings wired up in time and there was opportunity for that to happen. Doesn't prove anything just demonstrates it is possible.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Terrific, that's all you got? I find it so funny that one little point is meant to discredit a complete operation, of course that's the way disinformation works. The most important things are, they could have gotten the buildings wired during evening and night shifts in 60 days or less, Larry what's-his-face did insure for buildings for terrorism insurance 6 weeks prior to 9/11 and of course he also had a pair of white elephants that were costing him megabucks in maintenance. Oh and he was also a friend of GW Bush. Seems like a few too many linkages there for me? That simple glaring "fact" remains, the buildings were taken down, not by airplanes, but demolition crews.

Oh and btw, my math was for illustration purposes only, at least I took the time.

Cheers - Dave

Well, he totally debunked your asbestos and insurance theories...I'm sure thedman wouldn't have any problem debunking the rest of your post. For instance - you make a claim without any evidence whatsoever that three very large skyscrapers can be wired for demolition in 60 days or less.... during night shifts?

Are you aware that all three of those buildings were open 24 hours a day - 7 days a week? Do you know there were elevator mechanics and engineers on duty 365 days a year? 24 hours a day? I would mention Security - but I'm hoping you would know that. Oh...were they in on it too?
edit on 23-4-2012 by Six Sigma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Here's an actual expert in this exact field.... he explains exactly what is involved, and that he knew from day 1 that WTC was a CD.....

He says the idea that WTC was not a CD is "nonsense".

Tom Sullivan - Explosives Technician - Loader - AE911Truth.org

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-4-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

Are they an affiliation of genocide inc. ? Because that never happened either, too many people would have to be involved, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So , when exactly this building was wired up for " pull it " ?

Who actually did wire up the building for " pull it " ?

Are they on video , telling how did they prepared the building for " pull it " ?

When " they " decide to " pull it " , did they have to perform any preparations to " pull it " ?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Here's an actual expert in this exact field.... he explains exactly what is involved, and that he knew from day 1 that WTC was a CD.....

I counter your Youtube with two professional implosion websites.

The first specifically states it was not CD.
The second says nothing about WTC. Implying there is no hidden CD.

Unless you think they are both "In On It".

How long does the "In On It" list have to be before you realize there is no cover up?

How long do secrets last where you work?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join