It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Whistleblower: Planet Seen From Antarctica

page: 7
8
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


Here is another quote from the article. The speculation about significant in size might be an object as large as a basketball. It probably impacted the ground at a whopping 250mph.

t is not publicly known at this time where the exact site of impact may have been or how large the meteor was upon impact but for people to have heard it in such a large area and felt the shaking, we can only speculate that it must have been significant in size.


Here is another quote. Doesn't the author know that Elenin is kaput?

regarding a possible approach of Comet Elenin or Planet X/Niburu coming into a close orbit to earth by the end of the year.


Yet another dopey quote from this link. That is not a fact. That is fiction from Sitchin. It is known that no planet can have a highly elliptical regular orbit.

While it is factual that this approach only happens every 3600 years


Another speculation based on a general lack of knowledge. There are thousands of fireballs a day. Only a few make it into the news.

Time will tell if this meteor's impact this morning was just an isolated incident or if there will be a pattern emerging of increased activity to come as a symptom of something much larger approaching in closer proximity to our planet than what we have ever witnessed.


Who is the author of this junk write up?

Lori Stacey has been passionate about politics all her life.

I wonder of the political stories are any better researched?
edit on 23-4-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist
 


Why do I get the feeling that this is going to end up like that article Lucus wrote that claimed there was a meteor impact when no such thing occurred? Also to answer your question about her political articles, no. She's a birther.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254
 


Not exactly a person that should claim they are a political writer. Why not tell the truth and claim they are a single issue fanatic.

If the rock that came in the other day had done us well it would have hit a car like the incident in Schenectady New York where the owner of t he car was denied their insurance claim but was able to sell their car to a meteorite collector for $50K.

Speculation of a rock doing the sort of damage that the same rock would have done tossed off a 50 story building is just not interesting. Bigger rocks fall off of mountains every day.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, with all the half-truths and non-reporting of such things as FEMA camps, chemtrails, martial law etc coming out of the "MSM" aka corporate media, we have just about the same chance of getting the truth out of ordinary people.

When I think about Planet X, of which now there are many photos, regular photos and mistakes by those liars at NASA on SOHO and the magnetosphere shots, I think about the line about religion and people:

"Even if there wasn't a God man would have invented him"

Twist it for Planet X:

"Even if there were a Planet X there is no way the authorities would be able to tell the common man, especially at a late date, for there would be chaos"



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by texasufosightings
 


That's the impression I have gotten too about the ancient Sumerian studies. That there is a roving planet that enters and exists our solar system every so many thousands of years. Also experts to this day claim that their knowledge of the solar system is much more advanced than we ourselves know of even with all our high tech gadgets. We discovered Pluto in the 30's, I believe, due to information that we (scientists) had discovered from ancient history. In other words, the Ancients knew of THAT planet already, which it took our scientists to discover in the '30's. What we have learned about the solar system, which we are still learning about, comes from them. So why is it not possible that they are correct about the roving planet? Are we going to pick and choose which parts of recorded history we want to believe because it's more reasonable? I know it's hard to fathom because it's so bizarre, but these different ancient cultures can't all be wrong, can they ? Just because we haven't experienced any such event in our life time doesn't mean that it won't occur in others' life time, hundreds or thousands of years from now. ( Oh yeah, by the way, Pluto has been demoted as a planet since then).

Also, has any one seen the new series on the History Channel called Ancient Aliens? Very interesting to say the least. Funny how scientists aren't scared to talk about this stuff now a days. In various cultures, through the hieroglyphics depicted on walls or scribes, they show similar drawings of a planet with wings, hence maybe a roving planet they have knowledge of. But because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We have still got a lot to learn about our galaxy/universe.

P.S. might as well throw this out there.... back in 2008 the Pope admitted for the first time ever that there might other life out there. Wow!! That's pretty heavy duty coming from the Pope... don't get mad at me for this, just watch the History Channel.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 

Best not use The History Channel for anything that you wish to equate with true astrophysics.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 


The Sumerians had no knowledge of planets that weren't visible to the naked eye. The artifact AA theorists like to use to attempt to prove the contrary is Cylinder Seal VA243. Unfortunately for them the Sumerians used different symbols for planets and stars. What we see on this seal is only the symbol for star. So, the entire basis for the claim that the Sumerians knew of all the planets in the solar system stems from a very basic mistake that nobody actually trained in Sumerian iconography would make.

As for the discover of Pluto, that stems entirely from the search for Planet X. Now before you get excited here a pull a Nancy Lieder by equating Planet X with Nibiru let me clarify things. Back in the 19th century when Neptune was discovered scientists quickly realized that the mass of Neptune was not enough to explain the orbits of the gas giants. This led to the hypothesis that there must be another planet lurking at edges of the solar system. In the first decade of the 20th century amateur astronomer Percival Lowell named this hypothetical planet Planet X. He would then spend the rest of his life searching for it, even going so far as to build an observatory.

A few year's after Lowell's death a follower of his discovered Pluto. Interestingly enough Pluto ended up being in a section of the sky that Lowell had hypothesized as being the location of Planet X. In fact it turned out that Pluto had been observed years before but no one had identified it as a planet. Now, at this point people thought the search for Planet X was over but it became quickly apparent that Pluto also lacked the mass to account for the orbits of the gas giants. As a result the search for Planet X continued until 1989, although it became apparent over the years that Planet X did not exist. In 1989 Voyager 2 made a fly-by of Neptune during which it discovered new moons and Neptune's estimated mass was found to be off by 5%. Now while this may not seem like a large amount when dealing with an object as massive as Neptune 5% is roughly equivalent to the mass of Mars. When these new numbers were plugged into equations it was found that the orbits of the gas giants could be explained by the known planets and the search for Planet X ended.

Of course ten years later new life would be breathed into the term Planet X when Nancy Lieder used it to describe a Nibiru-esque object. Ever since then Planet X has be linked to doomsday predictions and pseudoscience.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


Why would the MSM report on a non issue such as chemtrails?


When I think about Planet X, of which now there are many photos, regular photos and mistakes by those liars at NASA on SOHO and the magnetosphere shots, I think about the line about religion and people:

There are no photos of Planet X. The only liars I am aware of are the charlatans and hoaxers that claim these obvious hoaxes are in fact images of an unknown planet. How dumb do these hoaxers think people are that they would be fooled by these atrocious wacko stories?

If there were a new unknown planet it would be the talk of the world. It would be as well known as comets and meteor showers and asteroids that come close to the Earth.



posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 



We discovered Pluto in the 30's, I believe, due to information that we (scientists) had discovered from ancient history. In other words, the Ancients knew of THAT planet already, which it took our scientists to discover in the '30's.

No ancients knew of Uranus or Neptune or Pluto or Ceres or the rings of Saturn or the Moons of Jupiter or the asteroid belt or CMEs.


What we have learned about the solar system, which we are still learning about, comes from them.

Which part of flaming chariot are we applying today? Which part of Ra being reborn daily from the vagina of Nut are we embracing today in science?


Oh yeah, by the way, Pluto has been demoted as a planet since then

Actually it was reclassified. It was always seen as an oddity due to its small size. Now we see it as part of a different class of objects of which there are many known examples.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'd double check on the binary star theory being "abandoned", I just watched a documentary about it maybe 2 months ago that had quite a few high powered astronomers, scientists, etc in it and this was just made so for some reason the theory is being pushed forward once again.

Don't confuse me w/ the Planet X crowd, I have my own, very good reasons for being interested in this. I wouldn't limit the possibility of a Nemesis orbit being "natural" / driven only by gravitational forces. There are secrets even NASA knows about which might expand your horizons on this subject considerably.

I have most of the info from the best of sources but what I'm missing is the schedule, I don't know when this will take place so when I see rumors floating around the science community about observations made and what seems to be an effort in the media to prepare people I sit up and take notice.

The video / photo evidence in this post and most others like it is complete BS but something happened down there, of that I have zero doubt and I'm extremely curious about the real event.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If there is a companion star to our star it must not be large enough to emit light. It must be small enough and far enough away to avoid detection. That's possible. There might be a brown dwarf out there.

Be careful when watching documentaries to check the date. That is often very important. Also, there are a large number of bogus documentaries made for places like the hysteria channel that are really mockumentaries.


The video / photo evidence in this post and most others like it is complete BS but something happened down there, of that I have zero doubt and I'm extremely curious about the real event.

The claims that something can only be seen from Antarctica are ridiculous. Anything in space can be seen from the entire southern hemisphere.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by snarky412
 



We discovered Pluto in the 30's, I believe, due to information that we (scientists) had discovered from ancient history. In other words, the Ancients knew of THAT planet already, which it took our scientists to discover in the '30's.

No ancients knew of Uranus or Neptune or Pluto or Ceres or the rings of Saturn or the Moons of Jupiter or the asteroid belt or CMEs.


What we have learned about the solar system, which we are still learning about, comes from them.

Which part of flaming chariot are we applying today? Which part of Ra being reborn daily from the vagina of Nut are we embracing today in science?


Oh yeah, by the way, Pluto has been demoted as a planet since then

Actually it was reclassified. It was always seen as an oddity due to its small size. Now we see it as part of a different class of objects of which there are many known examples.




I guess you know more than the scientists on History, A&E, NASA or Science Channel. As far as Pluto goes, I used the wrong ""term" but I've got people like you to correct me. Thank you. I may not word every thing perfectly but I do respect the ones in the field that do not hesitate to admit that they are still studying and learning. And yes, they do say that the Ancients had more knowledge of our Solar System than we do. Just watch the different shows, very fascinating. On Ancient Aliens (Hist. Ch.) they are mystified over several of the ancient cultures because of lot of their findings on the type of structures are unexplained. Not to mention their use of the planets to line them up. They have openly said on TV that even with our technology we still can't do some of the stuff that they were able to do. Just watch any of the shows, very educational. If I can find the article on the discovery of Pluto, I will post it. It stated that our scientists had knowledge of Pluto from earlier recordings through the ancient cultures. They knew where to look for it and were trying to locate it. They finally found it in the 30's if I remember correctly.

So when you think you are mocking me, you're not. You are mocking the experts that study Science/History for a living. And it sure is a mighty big Universe out there if you think you have all the answers. Nobody does, not even NASA.... just watched the NASA channel last night on DIRECTV and it was talking about unexplained sightings from outer space with testimony from the Astronauts. So when you make the" flaming chariot" remark, you only make yourself look ignorant to the facts. I guess all those Professors, Scholars, Scientists, etc. don't know squat......



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

I guess you know more than the scientists on History, A&E, NASA or Science Channel.


Most of them, yeah, I agree.


Originally posted by snarky412
So when you think you are mocking me, you're not. You are mocking the experts that study Science/History for a living.


If you're harping on the same scientists that sell their souls for their fees, then they ought to be fooking ashamed of themselves. I've never seen such garbage as I have seen coming out of the moths of these arseclowns on some of these very same programs.
edit on 24-4-2012 by AlchemicalBinoculars because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by snarky412
 


The Sumerians had no knowledge of planets that weren't visible to the naked eye. The artifact AA theorists like to use to attempt to prove the contrary is Cylinder Seal VA243. Unfortunately for them the Sumerians used different symbols for planets and stars. What we see on this seal is only the symbol for star. So, the entire basis for the claim that the Sumerians knew of all the planets in the solar system stems from a very basic mistake that nobody actually trained in Sumerian iconography would make.

As for the discover of Pluto, that stems entirely from the search for Planet X. Now before you get excited here a pull a Nancy Lieder by equating Planet X with Nibiru let me clarify things. Back in the 19th century when Neptune was discovered scientists quickly realized that the mass of Neptune was not enough to explain the orbits of the gas giants. This led to the hypothesis that there must be another planet lurking at edges of the solar system. In the first decade of the 20th century amateur astronomer Percival Lowell named this hypothetical planet Planet X. He would then spend the rest of his life searching for it, even going so far as to build an observatory.

A few year's after Lowell's death a follower of his discovered Pluto. Interestingly enough Pluto ended up being in a section of the sky that Lowell had hypothesized as being the location of Planet X. In fact it turned out that Pluto had been observed years before but no one had identified it as a planet. Now, at this point people thought the search for Planet X was over but it became quickly apparent that Pluto also lacked the mass to account for the orbits of the gas giants. As a result the search for Planet X continued until 1989, although it became apparent over the years that Planet X did not exist. In 1989 Voyager 2 made a fly-by of Neptune during which it discovered new moons and Neptune's estimated mass was found to be off by 5%. Now while this may not seem like a large amount when dealing with an object as massive as Neptune 5% is roughly equivalent to the mass of Mars. When these new numbers were plugged into equations it was found that the orbits of the gas giants could be explained by the known planets and the search for Planet X ended.

Of course ten years later new life would be breathed into the term Planet X when Nancy Lieder used it to describe a Nibiru-esque object. Ever since then Planet X has be linked to doomsday predictions and pseudoscience.



Thanks, but any more, which experts do you listen to? There was an article that I read in the past (trying to find it) several years ago that stated the reason we were looking for Pluto to begin with was because of previous records, more or less. Can't remember the exact wording on how it was stated. Made one to believe the reason for the search was clues from the past. Who knows.... But any way, all the new shows on TV now a days are VERY vocal about the past cultures. They don't hold back on what they think, not like they did 20 years ago or so. They would have been laughed at and discredited back then. Seems as though times are changing and new ideas are more acceptable now..... I always keep an open mind to new ideas and theories. Never to old to learn.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 


The truth is that most of the people on those shows you've cited aren't scientists. Most of them are writers with no background in science. They're also not above editing interviews to make it seem like legitimate scientists are verifying their views. For example, a number of channels, including History, Discovery, and Science, have run documentaries on UFO sightings by astronauts. Ancient Aliens is one of these shows. Anyway, a frequent guest on these shows is Buzz Aldrin. You see it's claimed that during Apollo 11 the astronauts saw a UFO. What they actually saw was a piece of the rocket. Numerous times now Buzz Aldrin has tried to go on these shows to clarify what was actually seen. Every single time they have edited his interview to make it sound like they saw an alien space craft. These shows aren't worried about the truth. They're worried about drawing in more viewers and making more money.

As a side note to this anecdote there is one person that has let Aldrin tell the full story. Howard Stern. So there you go. When you want the truth Howard Stern is a better source than the History Channel or the Science Channel or any of those other "educational" networks.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars
reply to post by snarky412
 

Best not use The History Channel for anything that you wish to equate with true astrophysics.



Okay... what about A&E, Science, or NASA channel? No good either?
Please don't make me watch American Idol or Snookie or the Pawn Shop crap!
Throw me in the brier patch but please noooo reality shows........



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 


The words demote and reclassify are very different. The real point was that Pluto turns out not to be the odd duck it was once considered. Instead it is a member of a new group. Such a discovery is interesting.


And yes, they do say that the Ancients had more knowledge of our Solar System than we do.

I realize that there are charlatans that make such claims. And no, the ancients did not have more knowledge. If these mockumentaries on the hysteria channel and other places make such claims please provide what you think is an example.

Ancient Aliens is a great example of a show that has no scientists or astronomers on it. I have not watched the rubbish. The show is not educational. It deals with charlatans like Von Daniken. He is the sort of wacko that "openly" lies that we could not do what the ancients did. That is so laughable.

The reason astronomers were looking in that part of the sky was that was an area where Lowell thought Planet X might be. Instead they found Pluto.


You are mocking the experts that study Science/History for a living.

Please name one of these experts. Is it Von Daniken or Hancock or SItchin or Wilcock or some other joker that they use as authorities on the show.


So when you make the" flaming chariot" remark, you only make yourself look ignorant to the facts.

I was referring to Greek mythology. I figured after watching these dopey shows you would have heard of that.


I guess all those Professors, Scholars, Scientists, etc. don't know squat......

Again name some names. This unsubstantiated generality is not believable.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 


My experts are historical fact. You see, the discovery of Neptune wasn't that long ago and as such much of the records surrounding its discovery are documented. In the 1840s French mathematician Urbain Le Verrier used the physics of the day to analyze the orbit of Uranus. It had been known for some time that Uranus' orbit wasn't properly explained by the data we had. So using physics Le Verrier was able to hypothesize the location of another planet. He then sent his work on to German astronomer Johann Gottfried Galle. The very night he received Le Verrier's letter Neptune was discovered. Once again the numbers were run and there were still perturbations so another planet was hypothesized.

While this search continued throughout the 19th century it picked up steam with Percival Lowell and the construction of Lowell Observatory. Pluto was finally discovered in 1930 by a 22 year old Kansas farm boy named Clyde Tombaugh. The locations where he found Pluto was only six degrees off from two areas hypothesized by Lowell. It's discovery wasn't due to ancient writings. It was due to good old Newtonian physics. In fact Pluto is named Pluto because of Lowell. The first two letters in Pluto are Lowell's initials.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 


You have to apply a bit of skepticism to shows that make odd claims. For example, if a show claims that Nazca was an ancient landing site for spacecraft then you have to ask yourself why there are no landing marks - none at all. A little research tells us that the lines are formed by exposing the brighter subsoil. If the lines still exist then any landing marks should exist as well, but they do not.

Another thing to watch out for in the shows is a long list of what ifs at the start. Then see if any of the what ifs are ever substantiated. These shows often make all of the assumptions at the start that define the conclusion which they pretend is worked out over the course of the show.



posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254
 


Cool. I did not known PL was used to pick Pluto.




top topics



 
8
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join