It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower: Planet Seen From Antarctica

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
No new planet is going to cause all of wackop claims made by the wackos such as:
1. quakes and eruptions
2. animal die offs
3. flip the earth on its side
4. blah blah blah

The main and really only change a new large mass would do to the Earth is to alter the orbit of the Earth. If that were happening we'd know it in a heartbeat. All of the star positions would suddenly be wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 01jfas

Yes....it is a complete fake, and CGI....

.....just like this is:

LOL!!!!

ANYONE (such as the one who posted this on YouTube) who thinks it's real??

Man.....just laugh at 'em!!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
What was the movie where he was a mail room clerk / executive and kept changing his clothes ? I saw hints of the disease in him in that movie too. Which I loved btw.

'The Secret of my Success' - good movie chicka chicka

as far as the OP...

a planet/moon that close to Earth would be visible to many many people.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Looks like either a weather ballon or swamp gas.
All joking aside. Your joking right?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but a planet of any significant size would drastically affect our planet's orbit, not to mention completely warp the tides and probably have other gravity related effects.

There is no possibly way to avoid this. The government would not be able to hide it at all. And the storms, quakes, and animal problems we've been having lately are nothing compared to what we'd be experiencing if another object was that close to us. It simply isn't significant nor is it indicative of another object's gravity on our planet. It wouldn't be quakes, it would be the oceans disappearing.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Video is private.

Fail.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
video is private
oh well probably aint real.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

lol NASA got to it

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'm not making any claims about this video but I do have to take issue with those who dismiss the possibility out of hand claiming that there can't be any extra planets / large bodes in strange orbits that might threaten the state of life on Earth.

It seems there are quite a few credible scientists, astronomers, etc who believe there's a very good chance our Sun has a binary status, known as the "nemesis theory". The reason for this? Measurable anomalies in solar orbits which indicate there is an object or objects we supposedly cannot see with our current optical or electronic devices but nonetheless seem to be causing enough influence to be of considerable mass.

It's also presented as the explanation for a wide range of historic events. The sources on this are not conspiracy theorists or ancient alien TV show hosts....

www.lbl.gov...
Remember, the invisible star theory is just that, a theory. Interesting how some of the Sumerian lore and planet X legends describe Niburu as a red dwarf, warm enough to sustain life on an elliptical orbit / cool enough not to kill whoever / whatever lives on it.

Again, not making any claims or taking any stances here, just pointing out that the possibility of something new and strange being seen in the sky someday is not as far fetched as some people make it out to be.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The binary star system and the planet x theory hold their own weight, with or without this video. They're reasonable guesses at how the solar system could evolve down the road. As for today, something funky is going down, no matter how you slice it. Funny to me that people use normal earth cycles argument to calm people down - species are normally wiped out over and over again!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I've seen it, as it was posted before but now, I feel like we should dig a lil deeper.

WHAT IF that is a real planet? How can we know for certain what the effects would be? Have we ever been accosted by another planet before?

IMO "the effects would be much worse" is not a credible argument in debunking this video. We can't truly prove that. We're just going off of what we've been told, as usual, and we really gotta break free from that.

Sadly, experience is the best teacher.

If it was there in that position EVERYONE in the southern hemisphere would SEE IT! Is that good enough to debunk it! !!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
if it can be seen from antartica, it should be able to be viewed all over the world

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Except the Nemesis hypothesis has been largely abandoned by its creators and supporters due to no evidence emerging when it should have. A few have since moved on to support the Tyche hypothesis but, despite what conspiracy theorists want to believe, this has none of the characteristics claimed for Nibiru/Planet X and its orbit would never bring it close enough to affect Earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

It seems there are quite a few credible scientists, astronomers, etc who believe there's a very good chance our Sun has a binary status, known as the "nemesis theory". The reason for this? Measurable anomalies in solar orbits which indicate there is an object or objects we supposedly cannot see with our current optical or electronic devices but nonetheless seem to be causing enough influence to be of considerable mass.

The nemesis theory does not suppose that there is an unknown star companion to our Sun. It supposes the existence of a planet named Nemesis.

The measureable anomalies were the reason for the search for Planet X. Those anomalies were explained by the Voyager flyby of Neptune in 1989 which showed that the mass of Neptune was not as previously determined.

The link you provided is to a 1987 article. Since then the mass of Neptune was corrected. Project PAN-STARRS started. The Kuiper belt was surveyed. Shoemaker showed that the Nemesis claim was impossible since a highly eccentric orbit would not be stable. The 26My extinction cycle was shown to be wrong.

Remember, the invisible star theory is just that, a theory. Interesting how some of the Sumerian lore and planet X legends describe Niburu as a red dwarf, warm enough to sustain life on an elliptical orbit / cool enough not to kill whoever / whatever lives on it.

Sumerians did not describe any planets other than the ones visible to the unaided eye. In fact, there are hardly any Sumerian astronomical records. Most is inferred from the use of Sumerian names by the Babylonians. Almost all you are referring to is the hoax perpetrated by Sitchin.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by texasufosightings

species are normally wiped out over and over again!

True. It has happened many times in the history of the Earth. The types of events do not include a near pass by a planet. What we see are impacts, noxious oceans, volcanism, and other ideas.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Um, the idea is that Sumerians SAW this planet in their skies but that it has an orbit that takes it out of our solar system and back in... not saying that idea is correct, but it seems you've misunderstood a bit. :-)

And sorry, but I tend to wonder if we were totally honest about what we found in our Neptune flyby. The theory of Planet X lives on, regardless, many serious astronomers/scientists hypothesise about giant planets lurking just outside of our solar system.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I agree that we don't have proof of that, and so we shouldn't assume that to be the case. But I always find it intriguing that historians and archaeologists alike talk about the past in such a dogmatic way. Like we REALLY know everything that went down on this planet since it was created billions of years ago. We're going to be redefining the past constantly as we learn and discover more.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by texasufosightings

Um, the idea is that Sumerians SAW this planet in their skies but that it has an orbit that takes it out of our solar system and back in... not saying that idea is correct, but it seems you've misunderstood a bit. :-)

An orbit that is circular has an eccentricity of 0. An orbit such as you are describing has an orbit with an eccentricity close to 1. Such an orbit is not stable, i.e. it changes. What happens is that when such an object comes close to the Sun there is a transfer of momentum from 1 to the other. This causes the Moon to move away from the Earth and the Earth to move away from the Sun. The Moon's orbit and our orbit are nearly circular so that the transfer of momentum is small. A planet with a highly eccentric orbit would have a large transfer of momentum and therefore a large change in its orbit.

The Sumerians never reported a planet other than the unaided eye planets. In fact, there are very few astronomical records from the Sumerians.

And sorry, but I tend to wonder if we were totally honest about what we found in our Neptune flyby. The theory of Planet X lives on, regardless, many serious astronomers/scientists hypothesise about giant planets lurking just outside of our solar system.

ALL of the serious astronomers are looking for new objects in the solar system. They also know that no planet sized object can be close or ever come close to the Sun. Planet X is dead. That search ended in 1989. All other proposals rely on finding objects far, far away as in 1/3 of a light year away.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
First time Planet X is admitted to in the MSM:

www.examiner.com...

Here's a quote:

"While it is factual that this approach only happens every 3600 years, since records are sketchy as to what the exact effect on earth was the last time, I tend to not take the hyped-up catastophic scenario as necessarily being gospel."

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

That is not even remotely MSM. It's nothing more than a blog piece:

The bible speaks of many other types of troubles going on at the time of the passing of a large comet but the stories being currently circulated seem to be intentionally trying to get people thinking that it is the end of the world and I just don't believe that is the case. It could rather be a convenient way to make people more apt to be living in fear or apathy instead of striving to help bring about a restoration of our nation's individual freedoms, liberty and prosperity.

I'm sure if you email her, you can find out what her GLP username is.

And here's how that website describes itself:

Examiner.com is the inside source for everything local. We are powered by Examiners, the largest pool of passionate contributors in the world.

Examiners provide unique and original content to enhance life in your local city wherever that may be. Examiners come from all walks of life and contribute original content to entertain, inform, and inspire.

edit on 23-4-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join