It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you like your meat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Walk it through a warm room if a it's really high quality steak, otherwise flame kissed, minute a side tops.

Don't salt until the end, draws the moisture out.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hat to say it.......

but I think Soylent Green is just around the corner!

Seriously though...I love a rare and bloody steak...but if I can get it without the death of a cow...much better.

edit on 21-4-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Anyone remember the scandle years ago about about French farmers feeding their cow dried cow poo? I am now wondering if they still do it.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I like my "meat" free and running or swimming or flying, doing what it wants to do without me drooling over it. I've left the other guys who live with us on the planet alone for a long time now, and my lentils and rice with seasoning would knock your socks off. Or not.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Sometimes on rainy, cold mornings...the sun hasn't come up yet.. and I have to go outside early before I go to work... and feed my hogs, my goats, feed my chickens and get up eggs.. and it really is a chore.

However, when I go the market and see what grocers are charging for meats, or I read an article like this...

It all seems worthwhile and quite satisfying... and far more tasty.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My meat??

24 DD natural blond natural curly not too fat with a caramel finish please
No chemicals and/or engenering please

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I thought I would add this,

I was watching a lecture the other day on quantum mechanics, and the likes, and one of the topics was called "I smell a quantum".

It was saying that even if you changed the molecules of carbon to silicon it would smell different to humans, even with their poor smell, because it's more than a lock and key mechanism, but a lock, key, and vibration mechanism.

So just because we make things that taste, smell like meat, unless they are exactly the same there's still some lock/key/vibrations going on that we might not understand.

I really enjoyed the lecture by the way, put on by perimeter institute. Thought the speaker was pretty cool:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There is something to the lifeforce thing.. LOL! Im a big meat eater and Im also a big sucker for a new dish. I went to try a TVP type of steak sandwich. Smelled like meat, tasted like meat, texture was like meat... but wasnt meat. You definitely can tell something BIG is missing.... but dont know what.
Then again I can tell and am sorta picky about how old my meat is.. as in slaughter date. I like it supa-fresh so we order from a relatively local Bison farm.

Oh and rare or med rare depending on the cut. Ground always well done.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Enclosed by a woman.....

Oh no he didn´t....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I like my meat dead. I don't like it squirming and mooing or oinking while I'm trying to eat it. I especially don't like my meat grown in a lab. I like the pork cooked all the way but beef or bison can be a bit pink-as long as it's not hamburger.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Apparently, I like my meat ground, mixed with chemicals, pressed into shapes, cooked, and then frozen on trays with mashed potatoes, peas, and a chocolate brownie like substance. Which is then reheated at 350f for 30 minutes.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Better off ted, a canceled show, episode about lab grown meat...

Honestly after the initial ew factor, its kind of the reality of the world we now live in, things like this will become more and more common as the population grows.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "flavoring" industry booms soon, getting card board to taste like something else, because they already use card board in food stuffs.

Pink slime is just the hidden cost of inflation, more and more the need to "cut" real produce will increase as the population grows, that combined with the recession makes me wonder what else they are putting into foods already.

Hell, anyone else notice your paying more to get less everywhere? 20 pack of soda instead of 24, 9oz instead of 14oz of what ever...

meh thats my mini rant, get used to seeing stuff like this, it will only get worse.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

If they could create 100% safe, perfectly healthy synthetic meat that's no more expensive than regular meat, this could be a game changer. Less suffering and death. I would be for it, if the former conditions were met.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Real,

Fresh,

Medium rare usually.

That's why I kill most of my own meat.

I know where it came from, who butchered it & who wrapped it.

I know everything about it from bullet to plate.

Elk, Deer, rabbit, squirrel, turkey, grouse & fish make up around 90% of our meat on average around this house.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I raise my own -

Free range, organic, grass fed beef...

Free range, organic, chicken, geese and ducks....

Free range, organic, goats and sheep....

Don't mess much with pork cause I tried my hand at raising a pig...it was a pain to raise one free range, let's just say they have little respect for the fence.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

How vile is that................

I'll stick to my Quorn thank you.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I like my meat with four legs, a heart beat, and all natural. Any other way is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I like meat on the bone - preferably my own.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
If they could create 100% safe, perfectly healthy synthetic meat that's no more expensive than regular meat, this could be a game changer. Less suffering and death. I would be for it, if the former conditions were met.

Won't work, they could never get the taste right. It will be just like Tofu where those gras eaters believe that their "Tofu that tastes like Meat" can't be distinguished from real meat - they really believe it, every person who eats meat though can tell the difference. Won't be any different with that chemical crap.

And i like my meat real, from a farm, i've witnessed the whole process of slaughterin the animal, hacking it into tasty pieces. It's much more delicious than the cheap supermarket crap. Speaking of which: Roast Pork (aka Schweinebraten but apparently, english speaking people don't even know that tasty dish
) tomorrow...yummy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join