It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"ONE THIRD of USA is in Drought" - Meteorologist Says Severe DROUGHT - Water Rationing by Summer!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
its happening right now in NYC/Long Island/Connecticut...

& accordingly to Meteorologist Carl Parker, one third of the country!

would you be able to survive on a gallon a day?

hows about on just a liter a day? including bath water?

to top it off, some counties (ie, Suffolk) are moving to BAN wells and force residents to purchase water, with strict rationing.

edit on 21-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

The nation isn't looking real good for water at the moment, is it?

I'd fight that well ban 100% and with everything folks up there have though. Once that passes and is enforced, it's the city water or literally..nothing whatsoever. I sure wouldn't want to be in that position.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

The month of March has been very dry for LI being 4 to 6 inches of rain below normal. There has been a recent brush of fires on the east end reminiscent of the fires back in '95. It rained a little today and will again tomorrow, LI could use it.

Btw, wth does that first video have to do with Jesus Christ? Some wacky stuff you're posting.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
probably because some 85-90% of Americans believe in Jesus Christ?

guessin.

its the latest video related to the drought available on YT.

UPDATE:

"48 STATES ABNORMALLY DRY OR IN FULL BLOWN DROUGHT"

More than half the country is burning, dry, or already in extreme drought

edit on 21-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The nation isn't looking real good for water at the moment, is it?

so much for April SHOWERS,

we get april meteor showers instead, this year

(and they don't even give up real meteors anymore, seems)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
ehem... I "predicted" this =]

look

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
why is ur thread in off-topic?

we'reve gonna starve/thirst/burn to death!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

are those numbers you just made up? America is a Christian country there is no doubt but what's the point of bringing Jesus and some revelation into the news of a drought? Unless you're looking for rapture? Do you see this drought a sign of the end times and/or the return of our homey Jesus Christ?

The number 2 religion in the world is Islam and there are plenty of Muslims living in the North East, especially NY, why leave them out? Can Muhammad get a chance to drop some knowledge on us too or is the NE strictly Christian

Moses says what up and Buddha is smilin' at you

edit on 21-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
i didnt bring Jesus into the topic - YOU brought it up apparently to *****DERAIL***** just because it was MENTIONED in ONE of the multiple videos.

and youre even debating exact numbers.

are you disputing the range? LOL then provide a better one and move on with ur throwing Jesus around just cause it was mentioned in a video. if you hear someone screaming Jesus Christ in bus crash do you start debating with them about Jesus, or HELP them out of the accident?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Don't worry, water rationing is a good way to end a drought. Ever since they introduced a hosepipe ban over here it hasn't stopped raining

edit on 21/4/12 by yellowbeard because: added comma

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Now, now, don't get upset. What motive would anyone have derailing a thread about a drought? I mean, seriously, what;s the point
. Your only reply to my post was about Jesus so don't get mad if that's what you and I are talking about
. And yes, I technically brought Jesus up first but only because your [now] 2nd video clearly had Christian religious overtones and I'm wondering why. Or is it that video had info about the drought that you liked and a side product is the religious overtones? If it's the latter then there's no need to discuss religion any further. Like I said, I watched the video you originally posted and it piqued my curiosity

if you hear someone screaming Jesus Christ in bus crash do you start debating with them about Jesus, or HELP them out of the accident?

MMkay. That's an odd comparison. Is anyone here in need of immediate care?
edit on 21-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
Don't worry, water rationing is a good way to end a drought. Ever since they introduced a hosepipe ban over here it hasn't stopped raining

edit on 21/4/12 by yellowbeard because: added comma

a hosepipe ban? I reckon i havent heard that term around these parts... must be a british term? makes more bloody sense. here they would say summer watering restrictions which is dumb cuz last yr my neighbor got a watering during restriction fine - for 'watering' (washing) his car.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Just so people are aware...

Obvious troll IS obvious.

Don't rise to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Please, we in the east of the UK have had rain now for three weeks and we still have a drought warning. This is about using water as a weapon. This is why they privatised our water companies. They sold our water supploes from under us and then gave the money to the banks.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
what happened to April showers bringing May flowers

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This gives credence to the guy who said a few years back that oil spills and nuclear contamination would happen on purpose... I bet you'd think twice about just getting your own water and going the the process of extracting sodium if there was oil, oil dispersant, and the entire country of Japan among other things in your water...

Kinda forces you to participate in the rationing when water, which is the most abundant thing on the planet, ain't so abundant no more.
edit on 21-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I saw an interesting news report by Diane Sawyer on insect swarms and their relation to the drought conditions we are experiencing. I was actually surprised the MSM reported on something that is actually news-worthy.

I can only provide the link, because I don't know how to upload a vid that isn't formatted for YouTube or Google.

ABC News-Diane Sawyer-Insect Swarms & Drought

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just as a heads up, about 2/3rds of Australia is drought and flooding rains. But here in Australia we only have 10% of US population. But if Australia did have good consistent rain flows then it could support a billion like India or China fairly easily.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Yes, but Australia is also the 7th largest supplier of grain world-wide.

Of which, Indonesia fulfills around 60 percent of their grain needs.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That's right folks...."don't be concerned about those silly fear mongering scientists and scholars....there is no such thing as climate change...we will be just fine."

We better start building levies and dikes to catch the rainy season if and when it comes...if we don't...well...you can look back and remember that I warned everyone.

We need more reservoirs and holding ponds...the spring rains will come and then they will be gone and then we will be in trouble.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join