It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever experienced complete and total confusion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

This actually happened to me last week. I took a nap and when I woke up a couple hours later I had no clue what was going on. I mean my mind was blank, all I could think of was what is going on what am I supposed to be doing. Then about 2 or 3 minutes later it all started coming back to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

If it has only happened one time, I wouldnt worry. If this happens again you may be living in a haunted house or Aliens are messing with you. Aliens can take you and put you back wherever you were. When this happens you will have allot of Time Lapses and confusion. I hope this is not the problem. My best advise is to keep a large male dog with you in the house.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I surely don't have any magic answers for you. I have been experiencing really odd and strange dreams myself.

I do think it has a lot to do with diet and at what times we choose to eat....I know...that sounds ridiculous....but I think it is true. If we eat late, it seems that our bodily functions seem to interfere with our rest patterns and create really odd dream images.

I have woken up from dreams and checked my pants pockets for things from the dream....so real feeling. I don't have a clue. I do believe dreaming is extremely important as it is our subconscious mind trying to tell us something...something we might need to know.

I have experienced the odd feeling....it's hard to describe but I think I get it....like I said...when I started checking pants pockets....I knew my dreams were "different"...I still don't know what I was supposed to learn.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

At one time I would experience this quite often. I think it was just before I got divorced that the exp.s began tto subside then disappeared completely right there after and haven't ever returned since. For the life of me I haven't been able to make any kind of a connection as to why or how they suddenly dispearsed.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

You're welcome! I am glad I could help!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was about the same age, maybe 5 if that. I had either a dream or something strange happened. I remember a large needle, almost freakish in size and what I can only describe as something looking like a big tire. That is the only dream/nightmare I remember from that age and I remember bits and pieces to this day that scare me and I am at the ripe old age of 43. I would say I was utterly confused and I think I wet myself!

On the lighter side, I have been married for 27 years and I have been totally confused for getting into trouble with the wife but not having any idea of what I have really done wrong! She is American Indian and I am a white man from Norway so I am sure between her "Woman time" and my ancestors perceived wrongs against her people, in her mind I am well deserving when she wanders from the reservation with tomahawk in hand!

Edit to add, I thought you meant you were 4 at the time. My bad... Anyway, that's my crazy story about a strange dream from my childhood.
edit on 23-4-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: Misunderstood OP.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I had somethng happen to me about 10 years ago where I thought I was losing my mind. I am now 49, so I would have been 39 or 40 at the time. Anyway, I was walking through a store and spotted my sister-in-law who I have known since I was 18. I started to take a few steps towards her and then all of a sudden I couldn't figure out if it was her or not. Suddenly it seemed like someone who looked a lot like her and then I would think it was her again. I was startled by not being able to figure if it was her or not so I kind of stepped behind a column and was peeking around at her, and still could not figure it out. I was so disturbed I left the store. And I thought the same thing - is this how alzheimers patients feel?

Thankfully nothing like that has happened since.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynzer

Thanks for all of the input, I'm really relieved to know that I'm probably not losing my mind

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I've experienced that a couple of times. I think its from waking up from a bizarre dream . At least in my case because some of my dreams are bizarre and have no basis in reality so it takes me a few to get back to reality. You seem to have been affected profoundly by this but don't fret your as sane as the rest of us lunatics.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Eleven years ago I woke up from a nap and was utterly confused. A couple of months before I had a baby, but when I woke up I couldn't find her. I also had a son, who was at the time 4 years old. I ran around my house, searching for my kids, crying like mad, because I coudn't find them. My house felt surreal, really empty, like I was the only one being there. I knew it was not possible, my kids had to be there too. I felt like my feet weren't touching the floor, like I floated or something.
I went outside and suddenly spotted my son, playing in the garden. I called to him, but he didn't respond. I went back inside looked again in the baby's room and suddenly she was there. Lying in her crib. I had looked several times in her room. Went back outside to call my son and now he reacted.

I was scared out of my mind and coudn't stop crying. I called a friend (it felt like talking was new to me) and she came over, gave me a sedatitive and took me and my kids to her home, where I spent a couple of days.

It never happend to me before and, thank God, it never happened again. And no, I never mentioned it to a doctor. I always experience weird things. and the only thing a doctor tells me is "ït's just stress".

I think it has to do with sleep deprivation, suddenly waking up from a deep, comatose kind of sleep. I remember I woke up with a start, because I had fallen asleep while my son was playing unsupervised around the house. I have learned since to ground myself in my body, after waking up suddenly, before getting out of bed.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by happybee

I think this is probably the closest anyone has come to my situation. Although the experiences were different, I can tell by your wording, that what we felt was really similar. It was so surreal. I know you are as relieved as I am that this hasn't happened again. It was so scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join