It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough times: GSA auctions top-secret US NAVY stealth ship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

As I understand the situation ships a sitting duck IR targets for IR seeking
missiles which have done in UK and US war ships.
Radar is not used in any attack mode.
The original Tesla waves would not be cast off as well perhaps this was an
experiment to check the Tesla wave and they worked as Tesla said they
would. This seems the case for building this ship.
ED: Teslaships using Tesla waves as Tesla said would recover echoing signals
like radar must have been tested against a ship with no known normal use.

edit on 4/21/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This is what is wrong with our Government today. How totally pathetic. This thing cost a BUNCH of banks to make and has now ammounted to nothing but a gag auction to get some sucker to take it to the scrap yard for Uncle Sam. Pathetic. Absolutely.

I suppose it's never even crossed the mind of a bean counter that people all over the world would love to just SEE something like this. A goofy old Airplane made of wood and too damned big to fly made for one of the leading tourist attractions on the West Coast for many many years. THIS would make the Spruce Goose look like the world's biggest toy plane. I had the chance to see the Spruce Goose on the tour. It was something. This would be so much more.

I'll bet over time, using this thing as the Anchor for some kind of Naval museum and a modest admission for the overall site would make FAR FAR FAR more in revenue than their idiotic scrap plans ever can. Uncle Sammy needs a new pair of glasses. He seems entirely too short sighted these days.

The spruce goose did fly, flew very well too, with the owner at the 'stick' by the time it did fly, the American armys use for that size had passed. (untill now)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Yup.. I know,. I saw the video on the tour. It flew once....about the length of a few football fields for a demo flight and that was it's career as a functional airplane. It's a fascinating story and really interesting to learn about. Hughes was quite an interesting guy but his side line at building the World's biggest airplane really was something else. talk about a hobby taken to the extremes. lol.... Given the shortest service life in the history of airframes, I can't help but call the Spruce Goose a hobby.

It sure made for quite an impressive display and exhibit though. A very impressive accomplishment to walk through and see up close.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am thinking that it will end up as target practice. It is nothing but an empty shell and by the time you buy it and cut it up and all the other cost will there be any profit made on the deal? If after all is said and done if there is not enough profit to be made few people are going to want it. I see it be use for target practice.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's amazing to see the scale of it and actually believe it's stealth.
On the other hand I wonder what else their selling to other countries. Weapons, secrets, hostage's etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join