It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What difference between America, U.S., USA, The United States of America, The States, and all.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Woereply to post by Wrabbit2000

You quoted "fifty pounds"; and provided a couple outside links.

You said your having fun with ignorance.

Woe unto you.

Hope you call me proud again,

Mr medinet

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmedinet

Okay... can you come up with more one line zingers and clever little slaps at people? I'd seriously considered doing more and almost did for links i was reading over...but I figured I'd go with what I had and see how you responded.. I've misread people a couple times and almost cut them off short, to find things developed into very enjoyable discussions. We'd just gotten off a little rough to start.

Your reply here makes me wonder why I even bothered with the rather half finished reply I DID put up.

Now I've been here long enough with enough post history for others with time and activity to have seen me admit I'm wrong and eat crow at least once. I believe I've been in that rather crappy situation about a half dozen times..and NO, I am NOT going back though over 5,000 posts to find those SIX, so if my statement doesn't work...too bad. However, I'm not debating to back a bad positon and that's my point. I don't back bad positions....I'll admit I was wrong and move on.

Now..I've shown MORE than enough from my end to at LEAST sustain more than one liner insults in return. If that is to be the extent of your end of this thread, then what I have shared is the last of it. Really...the time involved isn't trivial when you expect more of it...or ANY OF IT..in reply to what takes you 5 seconds to ridicule and run down.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You are thoughtfulreply to post by Wrabbit2000

I always seek forgiveness.

And you shall always be forgiven.

Thankyou for not backing down - it's the only response that demands respect.

Hope you keep the flame,

mr Jon Daniel Medinet

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmedinet

Thanks for clarifying the purpose of your thread and your intentions in drawing people out. I've said about all I think there is to say which can be called proper...let alone productive. Danger lay further down this line of thinking and I'll take my leave now before my fingers really get me into serious trouble.

You have a good evening now, and good luck with your future threads. I shall endeavor to avoid them, personally.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Ahh so you enjoy etymology too!
I find it so interesting!

Yes once finals are over I will give the link a good going over, also I will see if there is any information in it that some of my professors may comment on beforehand.

I have a HUGE paper I have one month to complete, as well as finals to study for as finals are coming up late next month, but I will try to work it in, at least partially. I shouldn't even be on the site tonight, but I got stuck writing so thought to take a break. I have to STOP that!

Wow! You are the third person I have ever communicated with that shares my interest in etymology! And, I'm sure by pure coincidence(don't believe in it), I am currently reading Ron Chernow's 'Alexander Hamilton'.

I'm not sure as to the depth in which your classes cover the founding of the US, and all that it entailed. But there is sooooooo much to the birth of our constitution and the individual relationships of the time! I'd have to say that not even 1% of Americans have any idea in regards to the truth about how many things went down, and the justifications used.

example... I used to have an extreme distaste for Alexander Hamilton, but then I start to read about his entire life, and how he became who he was... I can't help but feel the most respect for his works!

It's truly amazing what goes into a revolution... If people truly understood what transpired, it would undoubtedly help us now!

ahhh man, the balancing of power, too awesome!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I was looking for hidden meaning, which would be cryptology, not etymology.

Please forgive me for not making this clear.

Hope this helps,

Mr medinet

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Yes once finals are over I will give the link a good going over, also I will see if there is any information in it that some of my professors may comment on beforehand.

I have a HUGE paper I have one month to complete, as well as finals to study for as finals are coming up late next month, but I will try to work it in, at least partially. I shouldn't even be on the site tonight, but I got stuck writing so thought to take a break. I have to STOP that!

Wow! You are the third person I have ever communicated with that shares my interest in etymology! And, I'm sure by pure coincidence(don't believe in it), I am currently reading Ron Chernow's 'Alexander Hamilton'.

I'm not sure as to the depth in which your classes cover the founding of the US, and all that it entailed. But there is sooooooo much to the birth of our constitution and the individual relationships of the time! I'd have to say that not even 1% of Americans have any idea in regards to the truth about how many things went down, and the justifications used.

example... I used to have an extreme distaste for Alexander Hamilton, but then I start to read about his entire life, and how he became who he was... I can't help but feel the most respect for his works!

It's truly amazing what goes into a revolution... If people truly understood what transpired, it would undoubtedly help us now!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmedinet
I was looking for hidden meaning, which would be cryptology, not etymology.

Please forgive me for not making this clear.

Hope this helps,

Mr medinet

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I do hope that you understand the notion of cryptology being rooted in etymology, for etymology will explain the origin of a given word...

let me take a shot in the dark... you will answer yes to the following:

Does Israel stand for Isis-Ra-El ?

Or the classic Jon Stewart:
Con-serv-ative
Li-Bert-ARIAN!

or maybe... what's the opposite of Progress>?
CONGRESS! lol!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Sermon, Serve Man.

Israel = Israel

Hope that helps,

Mr medinet

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"America" is a continent.

U.S. are The States.

U.S.A. United States of America.

I wish people would stop calling us "Americans," unless they're referring to ALL of the citizens of ALL the countries on the continent of America.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Well, I stand corrected. I'd said on my first post to this thread that I had never, in 38 years of life, heard an American complain about which version of title we were collectively referred to, and I hadn't. Not once.

Now I can say I have... You're the first ever to have noted you object to being termed "American". Interesting one of the various terms people use to object to..but everyone sees the world a little different from each other I suppose.

<< 1  2   >>

join