It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmanned Drones To Be More Widely Used In The U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

I can't see how drones will benefit the citizens that they fly over. Using them for wild fires, or emergencies that require an aerial view, yes, but over populated areas means more unwanted surveillance.

Let's face it....the new booming industries in the West now are surveillance and security and the industry will stop at nothing to make sure this kind of technology is employed wherever it can bring a buck. Nothing like arming local police that are often times ill trained with military equipment. Eisenhower warned us long ago of the growth of the military complex, it has gotten so big that it bleeds into the suburbs now.

Have drones been successful along the borders?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
what i can't believe, is that the american people still think they have privacy rights. what a quaint notion

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Big Brother for ya, smile and wave at them. When the drone flies by offer them a beer. If you're not a criminal or doing something illegal you have nothing to worry about. Why get upset over drones spying on you, they have satellites in space that can see you sitting in central park picking you nose, and can tell the color, size and shape of your booger.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Big Brother for ya, smile and wave at them. When the drone flies by offer them a beer. If you're not a criminal or doing something illegal you have nothing to worry about. Why get upset over drones spying on you, they have satellites in space that can see you sitting in central park picking you nose, and can tell the color, size and shape of your booger.

This is the point I was making earlier. UAVs are just the latest topic.
Where is the argument against traffic cameras which are infiltrating every city everywhere?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Where is the argument against traffic cameras which are infiltrating every city everywhere?

You're kidding, right?

ACLU Opposes Traffic-Light Cameras

www.acluct.org...

www.acluct.org...

www.notbored.org...

blog.motorists.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
it's going to take allot more than a few hundred drones to monitor 300,000,000 people.

second, there are many people who semi-live off the grid in rural communities who still shot people trespassing on their property unless they have a really good reason, and would probably shoot down drones who trespass on their airspace.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You do not have the authority to shoot down aircraft.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This freaks me out. I heard about this a little while ago but was hesitant to post it. A friend of a friend of mine works in aviation and told me about how he was just licensed by the government to start building these drones. He said they will be equipped with long rang tasers and such. Pretty #$%&ing ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I wonder if they will ever get close enough for bb gun range or slingshot range. Can you imagine getting a 50,000 dollar bill in the mail because little johnny decided to point up and shoot one instead of his paper targets? lol

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

No weapons, defensive or otherwise are authorized by the FAA.If they start shooting they will get shot down.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The dream of the Technate is to have essentially a scientific dictatorship. What we are starting to see with surverillence technology, Smart Meters, and other technological advancements is essentially the formation of a Global Technocracy.

These drones are only a step in that direction. Kinda scary tho.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This thread is so full of BS it is unreal. I understand this is the internet but the level of intelligence of ATS has been so poor lately I almost don't feel like being a part of this community. ATS is becoming more of a problem than a solution anymore. Anytime you drive fear to the point of being completely illogical you are hurting society.

I don't have the time to address this nonsense any further. If you think drone will have long range tasers and be equipped with bombs that release sharks with lasers attached to their foreheads then be my guest. This has ceased to be an intelligent conversation.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
This thread is so full of BS it is unreal. I understand this is the internet but the level of intelligence of ATS has been so poor lately I almost don't feel like being a part of this community. ATS is becoming more of a problem than a solution anymore. Anytime you drive fear to the point of being completely illogical you are hurting society.

I don't have the time to address this nonsense any further. If you think drone will have long range tasers and be equipped with bombs that release sharks with lasers attached to their foreheads then be my guest. This has ceased to be an intelligent conversation.

What I've noticed from your responses in this thread is you have only chosen to engage the posts which did make those claims, but have completely ignored the posts which bring up the legitimate concerns with the precedent this sets.

Surveillance is a major issues, and that is exactly what this sets a precedent for. You keep painting this as benign without addressing any of those legitimate concerns, whatsoever, and favoring characterizing that very concern as irrational paranoia about space lasers.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

yes.. they would NEVER use them against citizens, would they and NEVER would they do the Unthinkable~!

if that's not enough, I don't know what is~!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is all over Fox news today for some reason???

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it's going to take allot more than a few hundred drones to monitor 300,000,000 people.

How about 30k? By my calculations that comes out to 1 drone:10k individuals. Seems pretty excessive to me, especially just for "flight safety".

rt.com...

If the bill is signed into law it will effectively allow the FAA to fill US skies with drones, a massive 30,000 predicted to be operational in US airspace by 2020.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join