It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Now Authorized to Use Drones. Madness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The city of Seattle, Washington has received the go ahead by the American government to use drones.

I guess it was only a matter of time......
Seattle Gets OK to Use Drones

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Don't digress! There is hope! For every new technology the new world order tries to throw at us, we always find a way to defeat it:

U.S. drone hijacked by GPS hack?
news.cnet.com...

Iran: Yes, We Hacked the U.S.'s Drone, and Here's How We Did It
www.dailytech.com...

Insurgents Hack Predator Video Feed With $26 Software
www.popsci.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
The city of Seattle, Washington has received the go ahead by the American government to use drones.

Seattle Now Authorized to Use Drones. Madness

This isn't madness.

The REAL madness is that people will get upset for about 2.3 seconds and then move on to something else.

The REAL madness is that the citizens of Seattle will do nothing about it. No march. No petitions. No confrontation of City Hall.

That's the REAL madness.

People get what they deserve if they don't do anything about it and I think it's time that people realize that no one is doing anything about it for them. They have to do it themselves and stop trusting in a system that's broken beyond repair.

Peace

edit on 20-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

This isn't madness.

The REAL madness is that people will get upset for about 2.3 seconds and then move on to something else.

The REAL madness is that the citizens of Seattle will do nothing about it. No march. No petitions. No confrontation of City Hall.

That's the REAL madness.

People get what they deserve if they don't do anything about it.

Peace

So what are citizens to do about this, that will actually accomplish something?

Its almost pointless.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Agreed if something like this doesn't get the masses out in the streets raising hell, what will? It's the not me not my problem syndrome that will be the end of us all. We never seem to learn. Some one break out the poster board and glitter already! What time is the rally? Someone? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

This isn't madness.

That's the REAL madness.

People get what they deserve if they don't do anything about it.

Peace

So what are citizens to do about this, that will actually accomplish something?

Its almost pointless.

And so many feel the same way. Pointless.

It truly is a daunting feeling of despair and helplessness but so many times in history when people have been pushed to the brink, they have risen up to fight the oppressor. And the funny thing? They win.

It will happen in the US. Of this I have no doubt. But it has to happen BEFORE it's too late and the walls are up because the difference at this point in history is that it isn't fought between the people and TPTB on a battlefield, it's fought with technology on the ground and from above.

And these are the tools that will be the hardest to defeat in their hands.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Leaving out the obvious human pilots on board, and the armament (Hell Fire missiles et such), how much different are drones than helicopters?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I'd organize the rally but I'm too busy drinking my double-bubble creamy-beany capuchino latte while listening to old Corbain licks on my iRad.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by amongus

I'd organize the rally but I'm too busy drinking my double-bubble creamy-beany capuchino latte while listening to old Corbain licks on my iRad.

Cobain on your iPad? Or else I don't know what your talking about

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Leaving out the obvious human pilots on board, and the armament (Hell Fire missiles et such), how much different are drones than helicopters?

um,

Wow.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The truth is that the only thing that will really stop this sort of thing will also get you branded a terrorist. This is the beginning of Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany in the U.S. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Wow hard to believe you can get Americans willing to fire on other Americans. Wonder how much they pay to murder your fellow country man and betray your (human) race. Must be some impressive reprogramming/indoctrination going on.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Well actually it appears that Seattle has has the go ahead for some time, so much so that their permit has expired according to your source.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Wow hard to believe you can get Americans willing to fire on other Americans. Wonder how much they pay to murder your fellow country man and betray your (human) race. Must be some impressive reprogramming/indoctrination going on.

Holy *snip* look at the machine guns on this thing. It would take out our newest tank

www.king5.com...
edit on 20-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by amongus

Well actually it appears that Seattle has has the go ahead for some time, so much so that their permit has expired according to your source.

No, the Washington state department of transportation had their permit expire. Not the city of Seattle.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Holy *snip* look at the machine guns on this thing. It would take out our newest tank

www.king5.com...
edit on 20-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Those are the propellers.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here come the protests. That's what these drones are going to be used for. I live north of Seattle. I have a feeling the OWS protest is going to pick up steam this summer and likely turn into riots.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Of course. Especially after the said "destruction by the Anarchists staged by___insert organization__" during the WTO riots, of what was supposed to a peaceful protest turned but turned into riots. They are uneasy about Occupy brewing in the area. Or on the other side of the argument, want more surveillance, a plan in the works. While not resident of Seattle,but being in the Pac NW will see what I can do and will let family know.
edit on 20-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join