It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to all of the Kony support?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Good day ATS.

If you recall a little bit ago, a certain video spread like a wildfire across the internet, and pretty much any other form of media. I, of course, am referring to the Kony 2012 Video.

We all had different reactions to watching this video. I would say a fair majority of the general populace only saw the raw emotion that was strategically placed throughout the video, while others of us wondered about it.

In any case, my intent for this thread is not about the video specifically. My point for this thread is to inquire about a certain aspect of the 'Kony 2012' movement. It was supposed to be today, April 20, 2012, that a massive bombardment of Kony 2012 related items would be blasted all over the place. (shirts, posters, facebook photo switches, etc)

Well, it is now 8:12 PM in my area, and I have yet to see ONE mention of Kony.

I have my own ideas on why this might be, but ATS, I am curious. For everyone who watched the video and was all about supporting it, what happened? Did you only care for a day, a week? Did you think just watching a video, and maybe posting it on Facebook was going to bring this man in for justice?

I am genuinely curious why people get super passionate about a subject on a given day, and then sometimes days, or even weeks, later, the movement has fizzled and any idea of the 'movement' is just a hazy afterthought?

Please be civil in your replies. Thanks
edit on 20-4-2012 by Daemonicon because: Context/Spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Funny you should mention, I saw one "poster" just outside when I stepped out the bus here in my "village".
Which naturally make me ask the same question you are, what happened to the whole business?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
they supported it til they realized it was a sham.

...and the guy in the video was on drugs, naked and slapping the road

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Possibly, but I think a fair majority of the people supporting the movement, wouldn't care that the person who MADE the video was a loon. It wouldn't negate, in my eyes, the message that was delivered through the movement itself, and the video.

Which again begs the question, what happened?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by Daemonicon

I got the impression from the video that they were putting the posters up the night of the 20th. They said they wanted put to wake up to posters everywhere..I thought that was going to be on the 21st

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

If this is the case, I would possibly stand corrected.

I understood it to mean waking up to the posters and whatnot on the morning of the 20th. If I misunderstood then the point of this thread is nil.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Kony 2012 = Done, put a fork in it, over.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh

Well there is that...

Also this is the day and age of near instant outrage and near instant forgetting that it ever happened. In a few months (if that) the Trayvon case will have fallen out of the mind of the general public (for better or worse) to be replaced by whatever the media is selling outrage about that particular month.

Its largely a product of society and the media - we can't be outraged, excited, horrified, or overjoyed about *everything*. But, that is what is being sold to us. Nearly everything now is packaged and sold as, "OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! THIS IS THE BEST (OR WORST) THING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!" The problem with that is that it usually isn't and it only lasts until next story comes along.

Short version - humanity has become a jaded bunch with a bad case of ADD.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

there was a surge of videos of people living in uganda that were against the video because kony hasnt been in uganda since 2006 i think and that there are more problems to worry about then him

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by Daemonicon

I just googled cover the night I cant post links off my phone but it is supposed to be tonight im interested to see if anything turns up tomorrow morning in my area.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Like a river of tears it turned into a salt-pan in the desolate waste of main stream sham desert limbo. Getting jiggy with it naked on the street didn't help the already overworked and underpaid PR department though, I'm sure.

In our next item, some celebrity bares all....don't touch that dial folks!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh

And because of it they did this.
Adding comments has been disabled for this video.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It is funny, I was thinking about this yesterday that it all but disappeared from view...talk about invisible kids. Anyways, I don't necessarily agree with how this is being done (questionable "facts"), but my wife had apparently ordered the "press kit" to plaster around the city and it just arrived today. She is not going to plaster it, and I wonder if the rest of the bandwagon jumpers have decided too that it would take too much to do this. Funny funny! I wonder how many ATSers that were freaking out and totally in support of Kony2012 program are out there plastering this...or are they armchair supporters too?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I guess we decided to finish the battles we have on the table before we go into the next.
Personally, I say let Africa bleed.
When they want to be free men and women, they will do something about it.
We have enough to worry about inside our own borders.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
To be frank, it's still right early yet. I imagine it won't really ramp up until later on in the night. Probably peak between 11 and 2 and then taper off around 3-4.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

OH, THIS!!!!

So very much, THIS!!!

Starred good buddy.... I'd give you two if I could

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That was so, so, so yester-month...

I started noticing fads picking up speed about a decade ago...

In the 90's, there was many years where the 60's type of look was back in a new wave...grunge came back, long hair, flannels, etc..

In the early oughts, the 70's show was hip, but shortly after the 80's show came out and everyone switched focus. Now it's all sorts of garbled with a bit of everything.

I notice the same snowballing is starting to happen with internet meme's.

It's like the culture junkie is needing more of a fix, so taking more and more, then switching to harder stuff to get that same high...and eventually...she's gonna burn out, but go a bit ballistic before....

I wonder what the fireworks will be like before the lights go out

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad someone has finally brought up this Kony business... Him and his brother Hamsung have been getting away with selling knock-off TVs for years now...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Huffington Post - "Jason Russell, co-founder of the advocacy group behind the "Kony 2012" viral video, was detained on Thursday night for allegedly masturbating in public."

6 months ago:

"Dude, no way this gets 100 million views."

"Oh yeah? Tell you what, if it does, you have to..."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join