“Brothels Will Offer Robot Prostitutes By 2050 !”With PICS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I’m pretty happy and content with the real thing I have going these days, but if I were a single guy, this might be something I would consider. Can you just imagine it? The possibilities would be endless.

Fnews

In the future brothels will serve-up robot prostitutes offering clean, guilt-free sex, say researchers.The prediction was made in a research paper examining what the sex industry will be like in the year 2050. Ian Yeoman and Michelle Mars of the Victoria Management School in Wellington, New Zealand, wrote about an imaginary brothel in Amsterdam's red-light district called Yub-Yum.

The research paper titled Robots, Men And Sex Tourism describes the brothel as being "modern and gleaming with about 100 scantily clad blondes and brunettes parading around in exotic G-strings and lingerie," io9 reported.They said clients would pay $9,500 for an "all-inclusive service," featuring lap dances and intercourse from "a range of sexual gods and goddesses of different ethnicity, body shapes, ages, languages and sexual features."

The lifelike sex robots would offer people a guilt-free sexual experience devoid of sexually transmitted diseases, the researchers wrote. They also predicted robot prostitution would put a stop to human trafficking associated with the sex industry.

“In 2050, Amsterdam's red light district will all be about android prostitutes who are clean of sexual transmitted infections,” the researchers wrote. "All androids are made of bacteria-resistant fiber ... guaranteeing no sexually transmitted diseases are transferred between consumers." They said the city council would have direct control over android sex workers – including prices, hours of operations and sexual services. Android sex workers may also provide a "guilt free" experience for men, with prostitution gaining a new level of respectability, the paper said.

This is the part I like the best….

“Clients feel guilt free as they actually haven't had sex with a real person and therefore don't have to lie to their partner," researchers said, according to the Daily Mail.

However, the paper said the introduction of sex bots would force human sex workers out of work. In 2007 Netherlands university student David Levy said humans will be marrying and having sex with robots by 2050. He completed a PhD on the subject of human-robot relationships and said robots would become so human-like in appearance, function and personality that many people would fall in love with them, have sex with them and even marry them.

I thought I would throw in some examples of what they might look like..

Your thoughts....
edit on 20-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My thoughts is ill be 60 by then and my sex drive will be gone. *Sigh* I'm never going to lose my virginity now.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 20-4-2012 by reclaimed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
My thoughts is ill be 60 by then and my sex drive will be gone. *Sigh* I'm never going to lose my virginity now.

Human prostitutes are always an option. Probably cheaper too.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"Honey! I just had sex with a pile of soft plastic and metal gears! It felt a lot better than you. Remember it's not cheating!"

“Clients feel guilt free as they actually haven't had sex with a real person and therefore don't have to lie to their partner," researchers said, according to the Daily Mail.

But I think they should feel guilty.

Think about it. If they can make robots sex servants, what is going to stop them from making robotic horse and pig sex servants?

"Clients feel guilt free"

Rigghht

edit on 20-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The space pope will be most displeased.

Give yourself a cookie if you get the reference.

ETA :If you don't get it I found the PSA (sorry I don't know how to embed)
Don't date robots
edit on 20-4-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: I've got a lov-e-ly bunch of coconuts, deed-a-lee-dee

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Wait a minute, we still have brothels?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Seems a bit pricey.

They said clients would pay $9,500 for an "all-inclusive service," featuring lap dances and intercourse from "a range of sexual gods and goddesses of different ethnicity, body shapes, ages, languages and sexual features."

Think I will wait for the advanced model. Because cyborg babies.

If she is an advanced model, she will be able to become pregnant. She will receive the sperm and combine the human DNA after the genes have been synthesized and replicated and combine it with her synthetic DNA. A cyborg will be produced that is more robotic than human.

Pleasure Units: Android Prostitutes of the Future

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Okay.. Someone has been watching the movie A.I. and fantasizing WAYYY too much.

I'm sure technology will reach a point someday where Human sexual enjoyment can be as mechanical as the harvesting of bulls or milking a cow. Is it a good thing? Wow...I'd be worried if I honestly had to ask that here as more than a rhetorical question.

They can keep their robo-romps in the synthetic sheets. For one, I'll be well into my days of collecting senior benefits or..more likely...long past by 2050. Oh..for those born today. What a world they are inheriting, eh??

Between now and the day I move on though...I'll keep some things the way nature intended and two perfectly natural human beings are capable of plenty of creativity. For those who can't find one? look in the mirror and correct whatever the problem is, would be my suggestion. A sexy version of the Energizer Bunny won't fill that hole in someone's life.....
edit on 20-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
With the human population increasing at an expediential rate, this could be a good thing. You can’t get a robot pregnant. This could actually bring down the population…

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So...to control our ability to multiply like rabbits (no pun intended) we hand over our humanity? What a trade off..... Condoms seem so much better a solution if that logic is a basis for developing the Terminator for a brothel.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

The price does seem hi, but remember how much those first digital watches cost? The think the price will come down..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

So...to control our ability to multiply like rabbits (no pun intended) we hand over our humanity? What a trade off..... Condoms seem so much better a solution if that logic is a basis for developing the Terminator for a brothel.

One-Third Of Pregnancies In America Are Unwanted...

I guess all those condoms are working wonders.

And lets not forget about all those people who get "caught up in the moment", or "I'll just pull it out before etc,etc,etc..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I was a robot prostitute once... Once.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Brothels Will Offer Robot Prostitutes By 2050

Honestly I don't think it'll be that long. Just Google "Real Doll", they're already making extremely lifelike sex dolls now. The only difference is they don't move around on their own, but the Japanese have already been building versions that do. So there are already variations of incredibly lifelike sex dolls out there, I don't think it'll be long before interactive versions are widely available.

My question is what will happen to society when people realize they can have sex with a perfectly proportioned partner without having to put up with the headaches, aggravation and expense of trying to adapt themselves to another person's personality? I have a feeling that people will just give up on traditional relationships which will lead to a huge drop in birth rates in segments of society that can afford synthetic partners. Meanwhile the lower classes that can't afford this luxury will keep on proliferating and soon the world will be a real live version of the movie Idiocracy

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It's not the problem to find disagreement in, but the solution this story on the thread would seem to offer. Whether to pregnancy or loneliness, I do see robot companions as progress. I just see the progress being in the wrong direction entirely. Your thread isn't asking for a whole debate on contraception, so I'm just talking about the question of humanity or what it even means anymore, when we're working toward a future where even full blown pregnancy is a part of the story there for what these could do.

Basically..it's working for the full physical replacement of the human female, by how your story reads. Not simply a few decades of advancement on the self pleasure devices one might find in a modern adult bookstore.

So...no problem can ever justify this solution, in my humble opinion. Nothing against technology, it just seems to me, it can run in the wrong direction as easily as the right ones and this takes a hard turn to the dark side right out the gate.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Brothels Will Offer Robot Prostitutes By 2050

Honestly I don't think it'll be that long.

Absolutely. Considering the advances made with the geminoid, actroid, asimo and petman. I could see androids common place in two to three decades.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So, who wants it?
This about trying to create an artificial market, where there is already a market full of biological robots.

In this new market then, you can get either, a Ford Mondeo, or a Jaguar X-type body when underneath they are same thing. Biological robots however are all different except that they are also robots and who needs this stuff? key words repeated are "Guilt free"

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
But what would happen if these robots become self aware while people are having sex with it

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I think there would be a huge market for this. There a lot more people who would get one than would admit it. I'm happily married with a fulfilled sex life but I'd get a couple for me and the wife just for fun. There's no shame in assisted self-pleasuring. It's simply the next evolutionary step up from nude magazines.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join