It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Real Conspiracies.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was looking for JFK assassination in the list but did not find it... Isn't that conspiracy theory is of great interest?

Been researching it for awhile...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"CONSPIRACIES AND CONSPIRICISM"

Jim Fetzer

Jun 28, 2010

MADISON, Wisc. -- A new study from Political Research Associates. entitled Toxic To Democracy: Conspiracy Theories, Demonization, & Scapegoating, by Chip Berlet now proclaims that conspiracy theories are “toxic to democracy” because they share some portion of moral responsibility for irresponsible acts, such as the shooting of the abortion provider, Dr. George Tiller, which some have associated with Rush Limbaugh and other pro-life zealots. By adopting a sweeping stance that does not discriminate between different cases on the basis of logic and evidence, Berlet discredits himself. Since conspiracies only require collaboration between two or more individuals in illegal acts, they are as American as apple pie.

Perhaps Berlet didn’t get the memo, but according to the government, the US was attacked on 9/11 by 19 Islamic fundamentalists who used box cutters to hijack four airplanes, outfox the most sophisticated air defense system in the world, and commit multiple atrocities under the control of a guy in a cave in Afghanistan. When I published a critique of the “official account,” which suggests the facts contradict it, I used the title, THE 9/11 CONSPIRACY, in the knowledge that either way a conspiracy was involved -- either one told by the government using THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT, or something far more sinister, which involved key members of the Bush administration with a little help from their friends. (See, e.g., “9/11 and the Neo-Con Agenda” and the PowerPoint presentation, “Was 9/11 an ‘inside job’?,” which is archived at 911scholars.org.)

According to Berlet, belief in a conspiracy turns out to be the manifestation of a “belief system” that violates the principles of logic. Having taught logic, critical thinking, and scientific reasoning for 35 years, however, the violations of logic seem to be committed by the author. Berlet commits many fallacies in the course of his study, including some stunning, easily disprovable generalizations about reasoning:
James H. Fetzer is the editor of assassinationscience.com and co-editor of assassinationresearch.com. He has a blog at jamesfetzer.blogspot.com. His academic web site is found at www.d.umn.edu/~jfetzer.

For more, onlinejournal.com...
edit on 28/1/11 by masqua because: Trimmed and added 'ex' tags

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
very good post, i had no idea about these conspiraceies

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Operation Gladio.

One of the most far reaching real life conspiracies and acknowledged as real by the US Government.

It's scope is so wide it is not one conspiracy butt several, all linked to a common thread of what was called "Stay Behind " operations, set up by the CIA and Italian Fascists in the late forties.

Stay Behind Operations were originally intended to be cells of influential spooks and businessmen who would stay in any conquered allied territories and cause trouble for the conquerers once they took over. For example, if the Communists took over Italy the Capitalists/Fascist "Stay Behind" cells would be activated to wreck havoc for the new regimes.

Because the allies won the war though these cells mutated and drifted far from their intended purpose. "Gladio" is the name of the specific Italian branch of the operation. It was pretty much coordinated by the quasi-Masonic P2 lodge of "Catholic" right wingers. Licio Gelli of Banco Ambrosiano fame was a prominent member.

They did not stop their clandestine activities just because the war was won by the allies. CIA director Allen Dulles was up to his Nazi eyeballs in their schemes. So were Vatican Power brokers and Organized Crime figures.

Gladios main criminal modus operandi in the early eighties was to terrorize Italians with bombings and other such acts to try to sway public opinion against leftists, and to get right wing laws passed.[ Remind you of anything ?] ...The most serious and sensational accusation was direct involvement with the Bologna train bombing. Licio Gelli was eventually imprisoned for obstructing justice in the investigation. Italian secret service personnel were linked.

They were responsible for quite a few other bombings too in the late sixties and mid-seventies, after which they would use their influence in the press to blame leftist radicals for all the carnage.

The Italian government officially condemned Gladio in 1990. However Italy was not the only country with nutcase right wingers doing things like this. Belgium, Germany, Cyprus, Turkey and France all had their fair share of "Stay Behind" shenanigans. And the operatives all pretty much knew one another.

The Wikipedia article is quite impressive, just type in the key word 'Gladio'.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It should be noted that the person who broke the story on the Iran Contra Affair, Gary Webb, died of 2 gunshot wounds to the head and was blackballed by the media.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Also, maybe this should be a top 25 list.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
crazy stuff, check out this hiphop group that made a cd called spiritual warfare, its about conspiracy theories and exposing illuminati its freaking crazy. itunes.apple.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i say the hollow earth outta be amongst them for certain

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
WOW Very interesting! The Gov has always tried to coverup the important things. I read somthing about the true poverty level in America that you may like to read. joshtolley.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KindaGrayish

KindaGrayish,

Iran Contra is in a league by itself, a minor league to be sure. The President of the US has constitutional authority
over foreign policy matters. Congress exceeded its authority when it passed a law restricting the President with regard to policy of change of leaders in a Central American country.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by John bull 1

John bull 1,

I really like your list. However I would have to edit just a little to make room for the " Columbus discovers America"
notion that has been taught in our public schools in spite of the evidence. Putting aside the notion that discovery is not the precise term to use when you first arrive at a place where millions of people already live. Many real historians will speak of how odd it is that Columbus followed a route from Europe to America that is exactly the best way for a sailor to make the trip. It is likely Columbus used Chinese charts from world wide exploration one hunred years earlier.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
great post thanks for the insight

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
hahhahaa... very interesting

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Every Conspiracy theory brigs up a new conspiracy

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by John bull 1

A conspiracy is a lot different than a conspiracy theory. I don't know if you can understand that.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBDeviL

This is my very first post on this site so I hope I am doing it in the correct manor.

To be fair, what consipracies are generally accepted? lol That would defeat the purpose of it being a conspiracy really. At this point in my life, almost nothing would surprise me coming from the government. When I hear seemingly outrageous claims I am never quick to dismiss. I have heard about the Pearl Harbor conspiracy before but have never had a chance to read much verbiage on it. Another good conspiracy is the Gulf on Tonkin conspiracy in which the United States government fabricated attacks by the N Vietnamese to go to war.

Heres the link
www.spurstalk.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've been pondering a thread on exposed conspiracies... this one sort of attempts the same. yet as I was reading the posts I kept thinking ah.... please mention the conspiracies with the conspiracies..... i.e. Deepthroat, Washington Post, etc "overthrowing Nixon... more than one conspiracy in that "Gate" number...

Through the Church Committee in the Senate and the Pike Committee in the House ( and others ), conspiracies were exposed from all over the U.S. Government, corporations and NGO's etc... Most all of which are outright ignored and omitted in Mass Media and education.

A very exstensive "list" could be made and verified in a thread. Anyone want to run with this idea?
edit on 2011/4/2 by Serafine because: editing

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A little off topic but I was wondering why i can find no copies anywhere on the entire internet of the Toronoto Protocol by Serge Monast? Has anyone ever heard of this? I recently downloaded it, it is an android app, and wanted to print a copy but can find it nowhere.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join