It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Déjà vu that left me kind of... weird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Greetings,

As you can probably notice, I don't post much on this forum and only once made started a thread before.
I hope this is the right place for this, as I don't always know where stuff like this goes.
Either way, I just had a déjà vu that felt quite unusual to me.

I've just had some old Playstation (PS1) games arrive where I live that I bought on e-bay, and just to be safe, I decided to test them to see if they worked as they should.
One of these games is Tekken 3. For those who don't know it; It's an arcade fighting game that got ported over to the playstation, more info here (wiki).
Since this version doesn't have a character I normally played in the 6th game, I just went for one that I know it quite fast. Though I normally choose him.
After I got to the loading screen of the 3rd battle I felt what I can best discribe as feeling more aware of thing.
Thinking it was just because I was enjoying some nostalgia I just ignored it and ended up in the fight and defeated the opponent once.
The second fight started (it's best out of 3) and the the first move I did was a more special one. It's not like a simple punch, you usually grab your enemy and you have a mini video where both charaters can't do anything.
But in that exact moment I just felt like it was a déjà vu and because the characters can't move, I didn't have to worry about that and kept feeling the déjà vu.
I have them quite often, where I have the feeling that on the exact moment something happens, I think it already happened once before. So normaly I just don't pay much attention to them other than 'hmm, interesting'.
However this time I actually knew I was going to win this fight, and do it by doing some more advanced moves.
Confused by what I was feeling I thought 'do the right moves and try not to break this déjà vu'.
Having no clue how to do any of those moves I ended up in some kind of auto-pilot and pressed the keys hat I felt were right and off went my character throwing the enemy around, getting it's health down without taking any damage myself.
Getting to a point of winning with a perfect (defeating the enemy without loosing health) I, out of nowhere, thought 'Wait a second, I'm not suppost to win with a perfect' as if I already knew how it would end.
And after hitting my enemy once more, I did get hit back once, loosing some health, before me dealing the final blow.

So, the moment I did the first move I already knew that I was going to win this fight. And I just felt like no matter what I would do, the universe (or whatever) was going to make that happen.
And then, while in what I would describe as some kind of auto-pilot, it actually ended up happening.

If I'm not mistaking, a déjà vu is something where your brain being slightly slow and you know what you are seeing before you actually realise it.
While I can accept that for the usual déjvà vu I have, where I know I've seen it while it's happening, how does that explain me knowing a 30 second battle in advance?
Is my brain screwing up for a whole 30 seconds then? That seems kind of long to me.
I'm not sure what to think about it. Is it common for this to happen, or is this maybe something other than a déjà vu that I haven't heard about before?
I hope someone here can give me some insight.

LanceDH

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Enthralling story, OP.

I sure did love Tekken 3 back in the good 'ol days.
If you're into RPGs, give Legend of Legaia a try.

Maybe you'll find some answers here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or maybe you knew I was already going to say that?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've had a deja vu experience that was even weirder and scarier than that! You can read about it at the bottom of the second page of the thread that b31i3v3 posted.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

I find it all to interesting that someone brought up Deja Vu today, it's a fairly rare occurrence on ATS surprisingly...

And to think, today of all days, they decide to bring it up.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Yea very weird considering you made that reply to me today, whereas I had posted it quite some time ago. Weird stuff. Neurons misfiring... Hah!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
In Scandinavian languages "Tekken" means "sign".

So - it was a sign?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i usually know and can predict the next ten seconds of my life when i realise im deja vu-ing.....plus tekken 3...legend of a game

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well there, OP, don't feel bad if it's about a misfiring of neurons, yours was only 30 seconds, if it's truly misfiring of neurons then I may want to see a doctor because I've been in a deja vu for five months (it could be precog that I do not really recall fully, but while I am living it I feel I have lived it before). No kidding. Or maybe it's deja reve maybe I dreamed all this before and don't recall the dream but recognize that I seen this all before. I actually feel I have lived this span of time before...hey what if it's 2013 and we were all destroyed and somehow someone reset the game? (That's if you beleive in the "simulation" theory).

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LanceDH

i definitely dont think you have anything to worry about, normal/abnormal in situations like that is relative.
Enjoy it, hold on to it for as long as you can, i used to be able to hold that moment for a decent duration of time depending on the circumstances, sometimes for minutes, sometimes for hours.

Sometimes when you can hold it for a while you may even find that your Deja vu will begin to involve others Deja vu, which can be funny sometimes or, if you dont the person, can be uncomfortable.

If I'm not mistaking, a déjà vu is something where your brain being slightly slow and you know what you are seeing before you actually realise it.

This is a commonly accepted "reasoning" for the experience, i cant really say it isnt true but i always felt that it was more. I would compare the experience to driving, your cruising along in the middle of nowhere wondering if your even heading in the right direction and then a sign post appears along the road. For me it was not always guiding me in a direction though there were times it happened as such, for the most part it was more of a confirmation that i was actually on the right road and was almost always welcome.

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I've been in a deja vu for five months (it could be precog that I do not really recall fully, but while I am living it I feel I have lived it before).

I am most intruiged by this if i read it correctly, you are not just experiencing this on and off for the past few months but continuosly...as in, hasnt stopped at all. If so that is truly splendid, i do hope you make the best of the experience.

I havent been able to have any experience in some time and am searching for ways to get it back. I used to have the experience on an almost daily basis, sometimes for moments and others for hours, but never for a span of more than a few hours, and not in the past 15 + years

i remember so vividly some of those experiences and long to have them back.
Do you ever feel mischievious and play with people, or experience shared deja vu?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
Enthralling story, OP.

I sure did love Tekken 3 back in the good 'ol days.
If you're into RPGs, give Legend of Legaia a try.

Maybe you'll find some answers here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or maybe you knew I was already going to say that?

I'll have to read that when I have some time. Thanks for the link.

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Well there, OP, don't feel bad if it's about a misfiring of neurons, yours was only 30 seconds, if it's truly misfiring of neurons then I may want to see a doctor because I've been in a deja vu for five months (it could be precog that I do not really recall fully, but while I am living it I feel I have lived it before). No kidding. Or maybe it's deja reve maybe I dreamed all this before and don't recall the dream but recognize that I seen this all before. I actually feel I have lived this span of time before...hey what if it's 2013 and we were all destroyed and somehow someone reset the game? (That's if you beleive in the "simulation" theory).

Well the thing that made it weird for me, and different from any other I've had, wasn't that it lasted for 30 seconds, but that I knew the result of the fight 30 seconds in advance.

Edit: Also thank you for the replies to far.
edit on 21/4/12 by LanceDH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Pre-determinism with the illusion of free will is my personal opinion. Most people find this idea too absurd or frightening to consider, which comes from having too much ego. I don't know WHY this frightens people so much, the illusion is so strong that it shouldn't matter. No matter how much we want to be, we just aren't 100% in control of what happens to us and around us.

That doesn't exactly equate what I'm trying to say though. I don't think that all people are just mindless puppets, just that the outcome of our actions is somehow "known." Not put in place by, or caused by, but simply "known" in advance.
edit on 21-4-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Pre-determinism with the illusion of free will is my personal opinion. Most people find this idea too absurd or frightening to consider, which comes from having too much ego. I don't know WHY this frightens people so much, the illusion is so strong that it shouldn't matter. No matter how much we want to be, we just aren't 100% in control of what happens to us and around us.

That doesn't exactly equate what I'm trying to say though. I don't think that all people are just mindless puppets, just that the outcome of our actions is somehow "known." Not put in place by, or caused by, but simply "known" in advance.

Do you mean it in a way that everything that happens is suppost to happen? Like the future is already set in stone. (or at least partly)
Or do you mean that we plan some of our actions without realising it.

Either way, I've always had the idea that everything is set in stone and we somehow know what is going to happen, but have that illusion of free will you mentioned.
But yea, I just felt like sharing it.
It's the first time I experienced something this 'extreme' before when it comes to déjà vu.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am not going say what you experienced wasn't deja vu because it could have been but considering it was a video game it may not be deja vu at all.

Everything we do in life gets stored into our memory. Where the problem lays is that in our brains our memory doesn't always connect with our conscious thoughts. Video games are programmed in a way that if you perform X the game responds with Y. We win these games by putting sequences of moves together knowing the game is always going to respond the same way every time allowing us to defeat it.

What possibly happened here is some time in your past having played this game you put those exact series of moves together to defeat the opponent. It's just that you do not recall ever having done it that way consciously. You could have tapped into your sub-conscious memory without ever recalling the fact that you had done it before.

Or then again it could have been Deja vu
edit on 21-4-2012 by davcon because: spelling...again

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I just wanted to ask a question and share an experience (at least as much of it as I can recall).

How many times have ATS users had perfectly clear Déjà vu? I mean how many times have you actually been able to tap into your Déjà vu?

For instance, I was with a friend once and we were driving around with nothing better to do and I was looking out the passenger window. Something about the exact sequence, speed and pattern that the road signs went by got me a bit zoned out when my friend said something that jarred me out of my daze and triggered a full Déjà vu moment. As I turned to face him it felt as though I was in slow motion watching myself complete that movement. I replied to him completely automatically like I had never made a conscious decision to do so and I knew exactly what he was going to say not jsut for the moment but for the entire duration of the daze. This continued for a good 3-5 minutes (not entirely sure I just know it was quite a long time to remain in a Déjà vu daze) when he turned down a road and my moment entirely broke. It was as though by taking that turn he altered our fates, I literally felt the Déjà vu daze "break" like it had reached a point where the tension between our current reality and our fated reality had been strained too far apart.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNeuron

How many times have ATS users had perfectly clear Déjà vu? I mean how many times have you actually been able to tap into your Déjà vu?

cant speak for all but in my personal experiences i found that the clarity of my deja vu became almost like a memory.
I would "sense" the onset of the experience and be able to recount the entire experience ( NOT just bit by bit as it occured ), down to full details of background music, people walking by, weather...ect.

Sometimes i could sense it was going to be short lived by the memories i had of the event other times i could tell it would be longer...thinking on it in hindsight, i am curious if it was my initial perception of the experience that precluded the lenght of the events?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by owtFsink

I am most intruiged by this if i read it correctly, you are not just experiencing this on and off for the past few months but continuosly...as in, hasnt stopped at all. If so that is truly splendid, i do hope you make the best of the experience.

I havent been able to have any experience in some time and am searching for ways to get it back. I used to have the experience on an almost daily basis, sometimes for moments and others for hours, but never for a span of more than a few hours, and not in the past 15 + years
i remember so vividly some of those experiences and long to have them back.
Do you ever feel mischievious and play with people, or experience shared deja vu?

Yes that is exactly what I have experienced in the last five months exactly how you put it. But the only thing is it's been a lousy last five months, not so splendid and downright hellish sometimes. It is a living nightmare (at least part of it is). I wouldn't mind the job part being deja vu (which it is for me) that is the tamest one the other part of the events that took place were soul crushing. And I feel I have done it all before, er well that is my significant other has done what he was doing before n the exact same way (he's done it before but different circumstances) I might as well explain my significant other met some homewrecking ho on Face Book and then he left me and his three kids to go out to be with her, even got a hideous tattoo with her name on it, these are all new circumstances and new person, but to me, it all felt a repeat even down to the person he was leaving for and I also knew she would show her true skanky colors and he'd be back and he did come back and still the things going on with that is all deja vu to me. The job I am currently at is one big deja vu. The two main events in my life right now are deja vu but all the other in between stuff no deja vu.

Anyway I have been known to be mischevious towards unsuspecting people in a deja vu in the past and either say with them what they were saying at the same time as them or telling them what was going to happen next, it's pretty funny!
I don't ever recall having a shared deja vu though.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanceDH

Originally posted by graphuto

Do you mean it in a way that everything that happens is suppost to happen? Like the future is already set in stone. (or at least partly)
Or do you mean that we plan some of our actions without realising it.

Either way, I've always had the idea that everything is set in stone and we somehow know what is going to happen, but have that illusion of free will you mentioned.
But yea, I just felt like sharing it.
It's the first time I experienced something this 'extreme' before when it comes to déjà vu.

It reflects my opinion too. I had spectacular deja-vu that made me wonder ALOT.

new topics

top topics

join